Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 13:49   #91
K-P

Re: Snowball Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
no i am going of what comments i have read both on here and the website of the newspaper where its made out that the guy was kidnapping by some
Well I am on accyweb responding to an accyweb messaegoard... I had no idea you where responding to something else.. I just presume the conversation is whats in here..

Quote:
also i dont need to justify a damn thing,
if you accuse people on accyweb of saying somehting when they arnt then you will be asked to justify it... now we find out your talking about other talk away from accyweb ... didnt know you where doing that.. bit confusing... not all of us see these other things...

oh and calm down a bit.. its just a debate about somehting that happened.. no need to get too excited
Old 08-12-2008, 13:49   #92
God Member

for gods sake neil jsut agree with im so he can be right because clearly he cant handle the thought of somone having a different opinion to his own

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 13:50   #93
K-P

Quote:
for gods sake neil jsut agree with im so he can be right because clearly he cant handle the thought of somone having a different opinion to his own
neil keeps changing his mind.. trying to agree with everyone haha..

accyman.. its just a messageboard debate... calm down... i will butt out if its upseetting you so much,.... jeeeze
Old 08-12-2008, 13:54   #94
Caz
God Member

Quote:

Seems to me you are the only one getting agitated coz some people disagree with you . You may notice he's not on his own with his opinion.

This is a message board and people will state their opinions for as long as they darn well like, as long as they aren't offending anyone

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 13:58   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
So you dont think he should have bundled the kid in the car and your comment saying you can see both sides was a red herring.
I can see both sides because something needs to be done to stop the anti social behaviour by some young elements of society. I can also see how people would find it hard to accept someone arresting a kid - the car bit was a bit OTT which is why I suggested he should have detained him at the scene and called the Police.

What do you think he should have done?
Old 08-12-2008, 14:04   #96
God Member

Having managed to detain him, I would have put as much snow as possible down his collar,
accompanied by a remark 'since you find snow so much fun - take some home'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 14:05   #97
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I can see both sides
Should man have put boy in car neil... yes or no ... would you let a stranger put.... how old are yours neil ??? are they playing out on there own .. if so how would you feel if one went missing.... even if it was just say half an hr before you found out where they where.. how would you have felt?

Quote:
What do you think he should have done?
Havent i already answer that by saying exactly what i did when simmilar happened to me... good grief your not one of these that just jumps in without reading it all are you ?
Old 08-12-2008, 14:07   #98
God Member

sory for not rolling over and playing dead i guess i havnt learned yet that its not wise to have a different opinion from others on here without been accused of having some kind of problem yourself

rest assured the karma comments i have recieved from people regarding this thread have been positive i guess they unlike me have learned not to bother posting a different opinion

who knows if you post a few more pages bitching at me maybe i will conform

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 08-12-2008, 14:10   #99
K-P

Quote:
sory for not rolling over and playing dead i guess i havnt learned yet that its not wise to have a different opinion from others on here without been accused of having some kind of problem yourself

rest assured the karma comments i have recieved from people regarding this thread have been positive i guess they unlike me have learned not to bother posting a different opinion

who knows if you post a few more pages bitching at me maybe i will conform

wow... its a debate about an incident.. your the only person on accyweb who thinks its ok to grab kids off the street and put them in your car.. so its you we are debating with.... you now think thats people getting at you? give us a break..
Old 08-12-2008, 14:12   #100
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Basically what you are saying then is if they don't agree with you they shouldn't have an opinion? That's the impression I get. You tell Neil to agree with him to shut him up??

Why should the other side of the debate go away?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 08-12-2008 at 14:14.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 14:17   #101
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Should man have put boy in car neil... yes or no ... would you let a stranger put.... how old are yours neil ??? are they playing out on there own .. if so how would you feel if one went missing.... even if it was just say half an hr before you found out where they where.. how would you have felt?
No I would not like it, that is why I eventually said detaining him would have been better.

Quote:
Havent i already answer that by saying exactly what i did when simmilar happened to me... good grief your not one of these that just jumps in without reading it all are you ?
I just get a bit lost in these long threads especially when I have been on nights and not slept much today
Old 08-12-2008, 14:27   #102
God Member

Quote:
your the only person on accyweb who thinks its ok to grab kids off the street and put them in your car
no im not your just been very selctive with the facts trying to make your point more valid

i have made it very clear that i think it is ok for a stranger to put a kid into a car under citizens arrest and take it to the police station if it is breaking the law or as in this case could cause death to somone, i have not said that i think its ok for a stranger to bundle a child into a car for no valid reason

too many parents these days make excuses for their kids and blame everyone else for their kids behaviour and dont like it when action is taken by someone that should have been taken by the parents

one would think it would be a breath of fresh air to see somone stand up to these bratts but instead they and anyone who agrees with them finds themselves scorned upon

as you say im am the ONLY person who thinks what this bloke did was ok so take comfort in been in the majority and leave it at that

Old 08-12-2008, 14:39   #103
K-P

Quote:
as you say im am the ONLY person who thinks what this bloke did was ok so take comfort in been in the majority and leave it at that

hey... i will decide when i stop posting on a subject.. not you!
Old 08-12-2008, 14:46   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
hey... i will decide when i stop posting on a subject.. not you!

Welcome back mate, we have missed you. I had started to think you had gone soft. It's good to see you are fit and well
Old 08-12-2008, 15:17   #105
K-P

Quote:
Welcome back mate, we have missed you. I had started to think you had gone soft. It's good to see you are fit and well

I slipped... Only human

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..