Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 19:15   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Snowball Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
If there had been a police station in Rishton the motorist would not have needed to bundle the boy into his car, proof we need more local stations and police out on the beat.

If 'child' is old enough to be out on his own then he is old enough to be reprimanded as an adult should he miss behave.

If child is innocent and if he had been mine, I would have been grateful to the motorist for taking him away from the group of delinquents he was with.

The part of the l email that the sister wrought that worries me is where she says she does not care what 'low life' think about her. My interpretation is that she is calling anyone from main stream society (eg those disgusted by boys behaviour) as low life!! Ironic really, but worrying that she seems to disassociate herself from the rest of us.

It also seems very sad to me that someone in a council appointed position is so irresponsible as to seem to condone throwing snowballs at car.
we don't always agree polly, but yer bang on with that.
Old 07-12-2008, 20:15   #62
God Member

it just came back to me that if as kids we misbehaved on our way to or on our way home from school we got handed detentions especialy if we were wearing school uniforms or brought a bad light onto the school

i wonder if nordon handed out any punishment

i can remember on a few occasions where the whole of morning assembly was kept behind so that a member of public could do an ID parade and try and spot the kid that threw stones at their window or whatever it was the kid had done

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 20:16   #63
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
His grandad is the dog warden
He will be a friend of yours then
Old 07-12-2008, 20:18   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
He will be a friend of yours then
I met him twice -he seemed a reasonable chap -doing his job with very limited resources

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 20:20   #65
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I met him twice -he seemed a reasonable chap -doing his job with very limited resources
I would agree with that, I have met several times myself.
Old 07-12-2008, 20:23   #66
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the poor bloke took the kid directly to the police station and if my son had done somthing to warrant been taken to the police station my son would be in a whole load of trouble
So if some bloke driving along decided your son had done something wrong.. it would be ok for this bloke/stranger to grab your kid, put him in his car and take him to the police station.

Is that what your saying? At what point would this bloke have told you what he was doing.. at what point of being out looking franticly for your kid would you find out where he was. How quick would he get to the station and how quick would the police know where to contact you... What if your son struggled..

Your saying its OK for any stranger to grab your kid , put them in there car and take them to the police station if they think they have done somehting wrong?

You sure about that?

I agree any right minded person would be apologetic for there kids behaviour.. But to say you would let a stranger take your kid of the street... that beggers belief ..
Old 07-12-2008, 20:34   #67
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
So if some bloke driving along decided your son had done something wrong.. it would be ok for this bloke/stranger to grab your kid, put him in his car and take him to the police station.

Is that what your saying? At what point would this bloke have told you what he was doing.. at what point of being out looking franticly for your kid would you find out where he was. How quick would he get to the station and how quick would the police know where to contact you... What if your son struggled..

Your saying its OK for any stranger to grab your kid , put them in there car and take them to the police station if they think they have done somehting wrong?

You sure about that?

I agree any right minded person would be apologetic for there kids behaviour.. But to say you would let a stranger take your kid of the street... that beggers belief ..
Very Well Said!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:04   #68
Resting in Peace

Think you should leave the kids to do what they want,you never know when you may need an alibi for manslaughter.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:57   #69
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post

You sure about that?

Hear hear KP & Less. So next time you see a paedophile pushing a kid in his car, he can just tell you lot that agree with this guy's actions, that he's arresting him/her and is taking him to the cop shop for a misdemeanour, you gonna believe him and let him get on with it then?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 07-12-2008 at 23:00.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:17   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Hear hear KP & Less. So next time you see a paedophile pushing a kid in his car, he can just tell you lot that agree with this guy's actions, that he's arresting him/her and is taking him to the cop shop for a misdemeanour, you gonna believe him and let him get on with it then?
Don't think anyone agrees with putting the lad in the car.
Kids need discipline and direction.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:30   #71
Caz
God Member

Quote:
And that makes it ok to throw things at cars does it?
No Neil it doesn't... did I ever say that?

Quote:
A few here do, and the majority in the LET...
Quote:
Kids need discipline and direction.
That is a given

Just cannot believe that this guy is considered not to have committed an offence.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 07-12-2008 at 23:32.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:33   #72
Give, give, give member

When's his sister joining Accy Web?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:33   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Just cannot believe that this guy is considered not to have committed an offence.
i aint happy about it caz, but the police obviously were.
Old 07-12-2008, 23:35   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:

He must have made sure the lad was wearing his seatbelt, as they drove off to the station.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:57   #75
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
eeerm the person I replied to seemed to think it was OK .. hence the reply and the responses to that reply... did you miss a post ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..