Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 21:32   #16
God Member

Re: What do I have to do?

cheeky ****** less.. i love it.. the thread the other day re moorhead was the best fun i have had in ages what i dont like is people keep moaning about our town all the time... i dont mind people moaning... jeeze i do enough of it... but with some people every thread is a reason to slag off accy or hyndburn...and that gets on my tits

other than that... love the place
Old 06-09-2005, 21:35   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
One things for sure Less, I like the little pic at the end of your posts, changes each time you post...........come on where do you get them from...........they are
I can see no harm in telling you park, most of them come from smiley central (ignore people that tell you they have had problems with that site, I've always found it reliable) and:-

Animation Library - Thousands of FREE Animations
Free animated gif, graphic animation, icon, and clipart

I hope you find these sites useful as I have already stated that I'm ****ed off with accyweb so if I say goodbye to you perhaps you could make a little effort and add something to the end of your threads, at least then I'll know my posting wasn't for nothing.

moderators moderators, moderators, that should see me well and truely banned because we musn't mention the moderators!

(WANDERS OFF INTO THE DISTANCE MUTTERING THE ONLY MANTRA LIKELY TO KEEP HIM SANE FROM NOW ON!)
LEN, LEN, LEN, LEN,
LEN, LEN, LEN!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:36   #18
Senior Member+

You mean like this less
Attached Images
File Type: gif smiley_013.gif (13.9 KB, 9 views)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:37   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You can't attach the image or it won't animate, you have to add the image like this

You click the insert image icon in advanced post and insert the address for the image.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
You can't attach the image or it won't animate, you have to add the image like this

You click the insert image icon in advanced post and insert the address for the image.
Thanks for that neil, I must be a bit thick this morning

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42   #21

so basically less you just wanted somewhere to whinge...hmm maybe ill start athread about having a special whinge room made, so we can all go in, have a whinge then everyones happy. i think this place is great!!! everyone can chat about what interests them...they can ask questions about accy and the surrrounding area. i dont see the problem.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42   #22
Senior Member+

well helloLess nice to see you back, hope this has lightened you up abit.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:45   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
cheeky ****** less.. i love it.. the thread the other day re moorhead was the best fun i have had in ages...
I must admit it was a funny thread kipax but "the rest of us dont feel the need to lower ourselves to toilet writing". There is no need to suggust that Less is a sodomite. Oh no here we go again.

Back on topic - I hope that our ex-pat friends enjoy the good old English humour that can often be found on this site. I am sure it reminds them of home. All the complaining about Hyndburn and the Council etc, should reassure them that moving away was a good idea.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Thanks for that neil, I must be a bit thick this morning
Thats with living in Blackburn. It must make you an ex-pat.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:02   #25
Resident Waffler

Perhaps Less wants us Accy residents to stop being so selfish and posting so much and let the ex-pats say more as the site was created for them and not us. Is that what you meant Less? I shall have to try to stop waffling so much.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:11   #26
Senior Member+

just out of curiosity what is an ex-pat?
Old 07-09-2005, 09:22   #27

Some one like me I suppose, who no longer resides in Accy, I think the site is great & and very addictive. I mean I should be changing the beds, ironing all sorts of things on my day off, but what am I doing, reading Accyweb of course.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:31   #28

Well, I for one love the site. When I first joined only a couple of months back, I was really quite low, I had just split up with someone who I thought I had a chance with (got that one wrong), I found I was questioning my whole life and I really felt like it was on its arse as much as it could be - basically I wasn't a very happy bunny. Now however, I'm almost as happy as can be, everyone I've met is bloody wonderful, I see hope again, and feel as though there is a future out there for me, so a BIG thank you to everyone who has played a part in that.

Right think I'll stop there, cos I might blub.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:35   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
Well, I for one love the site. When I first joined only a couple of months back, I was really quite low, I had just split up with someone who I thought I had a chance with (got that one wrong), I found I was questioning my whole life and I really felt like it was on its arse as much as it could be - basically I wasn't a very happy bunny. Now however, I'm almost as happy as can be, everyone I've met is bloody wonderful, I see hope again, and feel as though there is a future out there for me, so a BIG thank you to everyone who has played a part in that.

Right think I'll stop there, cos I might blub.
Ahh that's really nice that is.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:37   #30
Give, give, give member

You nearly told me the reason you had stopped posting, then we were interupted.

I'm still confused. I know some of the older members say the forum was better in the 'old days', but if it is just a place for expats it wouldn't be as fast moving, and Hyndburn Life would have taken off to replace what we now have.

Or perhaps I'm just one of those self publicists who posts to much, thread wanders, and doesn't confine my thoughts just to matters regarding 'home'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..