Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2005, 12:49   #61
God Member

Re: What do I have to do?

Bob on now fella
Old 07-09-2005, 12:49   #62
Senior Member+

Ok now i feel left out i have never lived in Accrington and i never moved away!!

So is it still ok if i visit and once in a while say HI There to you all?
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:50   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Bob on now fella
Hee hee at fella sorry kipax had to laugh as I have met accystanmac and she definately not a fella

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!

Last edited by harwood red; 07-09-2005 at 12:51.
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:52   #64
I am Banned

Quote:
Bob on now fella
Accystanmac checks herself ......... phew i've not grown extra bits tehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:53   #65
God Member

sigh....really ?....tsk
Old 07-09-2005, 13:12   #66
I am Banned

i love this site! after a whole year taking the mickey out of my dad and calling him a geek i had to see for myself and check out this "great web site". i eat my words with brussel sprouts! ewwww!

i love this site! im hooked! everyday there is something new to chat about, be it serious or comical!
accrington web to me stands for the people of accrington (the surrounding areas also) and ex pats to come togeather throught the internet and have a good old banter and to see what has changed about accrington and if theres some gossip about accrington then share that too and that is what we are doing!!

there are photos for the people who dont live here anymore, games arcade, chatroom, etc i dont need to carry on accy web is great as it is!
there are more and more people everyday logging on and i think that just speaks for itself. more and more people are coming to the meetings and the people who i have met are now my friends, if i hadnt have logged on to here i wouldnt have known them. it is a great website and before and after work i love logging on to see whats new.

long live accy web!!!!!!!!! lol
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 14:33   #67

Quote:
there wasnt....but once it got going it snowballed.. first day was Roy, Wingy and me

the concept is older

in 1998 i started www.accrington-web.co.uk you can see bits here http://web.archive.org/web/199911171...ton-web.co.uk/

Roy started it at a good time when plenty of people around... i have supported roy from day one... love the place.... if i had time i would ahve tried again.. but i didnt have the time roy has hehe

like i say.. accyweb is for everyone.....enoy it
Kipax!!!! shhhhh ive changed my name since then and wish to remain anonymous!!!!! hehe..
Really though he's right. me and Roy have been best mates for nearly 15 yrs, he set the site up while working in russia (he was an expat) if my memory serves me corect he got the idea from other expat site's and started this because he missed Accy! He come's home,yells me its a poo hole and goes on about things change but like most of us its home!!! thats where the feeling is, if he thought it was home after all the crap then others did!!! so he did, they did, and look at it now!!! I'm sure Roy and many others will agree that accyweb is no 1 man band! its made by the peoplewho post here and nobody else... i remember the thread about accyweb being on the road to being on "big boards" which as far as i know is some achievement, and that only comes from the people who post here!!!

OK rant over...its half ten here in china (i'm being an expat again this week lol) and i been in the bar all night!! so basicaly make your own mind up and get posting!!!! lets get accy on the Big boards!!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 14:42   #68
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Ok now i feel left out i have never lived in Accrington and i never moved away!!

So is it still ok if i visit and once in a while say HI There to you all?
me too.... please
Old 07-09-2005, 14:51   #69
God Member

I have been an expat for 15 years yet fiding this site shows me what I am missing ie the fact that once from Accy always from Accy. Its something that gets in the blood so to get a good topup dose I come on hear to laugh occasionally be serious but mainly to keep up with the feel of the town. What do I have to do? return more often or move back the towns infectious.
Its good for expats.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 14:56   #70
I am Banned

Accy does have that strange effect on you, probably why i moved back

Last edited by accystanmac; 07-09-2005 at 14:57.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:18   #71
mez
God Member

mabe accy web does get dull, even boring at times, but its still the best site that iv'e been on, mabe some peole do waffle & blag on bout stuff i know nothing about, but i admire them for doing so, & find it quite interesting to read,& i also have a great respect for roy, & his merry band of moderaters , who though voluntary do a good & responsible job.......(not all think so) but without them i dread to think what would be put on the site, yes what a superb site it is for getting old friends together (pendy) & making a lot of new ones, thank you.

......... do take note of my signature.......... its true ...........

Last edited by mez; 07-09-2005 at 15:19.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:54   #72
Resting in Peace

Er Kipax
1) talks about the carnival float have been on going for a while,ready for the next carnival
2) we already do a lot for charity.
we do collections at the meetings along with the stag for the tea and coffee for nurses at QPH,
we have made donations to the childrens ward at QPH.
and have raised over £100 for the heart foundation.
we also raised £30 for a childrens charity STAR EXPRESS to send children who have terminal illness on holiday

this is all thanks to the people in the stag and accyweb members that come to the meetings

Last edited by Mick; 07-09-2005 at 16:13.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 16:01   #73
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
just out of curiosity what is an ex-pat?
its something acow leaves in a field.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 16:19   #74
mez
God Member

hey mick you also forgot to mention the £30 that was raised at an accyweb meet for the family of marie hartley, ( the london bombing) although we do not collect at all the meets. the amounts of money we have collected have been good,for the amount of people that have been to the meets & we have been discussing having a float at the next accy carnival for awhile kipax, sorry all behind the scene's work till a plan is formed,
Old 07-09-2005, 16:38   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Er Kipax
1) talks about the carnival float have been on going for a while,ready for the next carnival
where? sorry cant see the threads?

i mentioned it to Roy at least 2 months before the last carnival...

so......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..