Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2005, 09:40   #31
God Member

Re: What do I have to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Perhaps Less wants us Accy residents to stop being so selfish and posting so much and let the ex-pats say more as the site was created for them and not us. Is that what you meant Less?
Good point willow...........................

Although if we did stop posting, maybe the EX PAT'S wouldn't find out a right lot.

There is not enough news in Accrington to keep this forum going I'm afraid, that's when you get people talking about things that THEY want to talk about.
This may seem boring to some people, but, to others it is good reading. I think I'm right in thinking this is what makes the world go round.
As I said, News in Accrington can be very little sometimes............just look how skinny the Observer is getting these days.......... .

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2005, 09:42   #32
God Member

Accyweb is for everyone.... thats it
Old 07-09-2005, 10:08   #33
Give, give, give member

There is obviously a market for a forum like it is now, as we can see from it's continuing success.

Without the input of a handful of regular posters and thread starters this place becomes a bit sluggish, as it did when Willow was on holiday, A-b was quiet and Less's silence was deafening.

I, like Sarah, love Accy Web, and have found it literally life changing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:13   #34
God Member

Well said rindy...........................It does get a bit sluggish, I personal would like to read something, than nothing at all.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:18   #35
Resident Waffler

Permit me to thread wander for a moment - the Google-ads are sometimes more entertaining than the threads!

Slinky!! I had no idea you were for sale!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ad.JPG (5.4 KB, 16 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:20   #36
Give, give, give member

She's going 'cheap' most nights in the chatroom.

Oh non, I meant twitter!

Sorry hun, you are never cheap.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:21   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Permit me to thread wander for a moment - the Google-ads are sometimes more entertaining than the threads!

Slinky!! I had no idea you were for sale!

Awwww I knew someone would find out willow.............

Quick and easy did that advert say..............WELL I'M NOT, I canm assure you .

Hope ginger gets a good price for me!!!!!!!!!!

May I just add............ I want a good home, with rich man, and I want alot of attention and pampering.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:39   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

only been a member a few months, would think when the site was set up there wouldnt be that many members,and yes it does get sluggish sometimes but what doesnt,all i can add to this is ive made some great mates in a short time and think its a great site, have looked at a few others but havent joined them, in other words this will DO for me.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:55   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
only been a member a few months, would think when the site was set up there wouldnt be that many members,
there wasnt....but once it got going it snowballed.. first day was Roy, Wingy and me

the concept is older

in 1998 i started www.accrington-web.co.uk you can see bits here http://web.archive.org/web/199911171...ton-web.co.uk/

dont lafff....its seven years ago and hardly anyone around here was on the internet... i had been online 8 years at that point (about 15 yrs online now) anyways.. when i set that up there was only one person who uses accyweb online now around then... none of the rest of you where.. well most wernt... so it died a quick death and someone made me a money offer for the domain so i sold it

Roy started it at a good time when plenty of people around... i have supported roy from day one... love the place.... if i had time i would ahve tried again.. but i didnt have the time roy has hehe

like i say.. accyweb is for everyone.....enoy it
Old 07-09-2005, 11:06   #40
Senior Member+

Oh Less where are you?

You have started this thread and now you have gone again oh please come back, we miss you
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:11   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
there
in 1998 i started www.accrington-web.co.uk you can see bits here http://web.archive.org/web/199911171...ton-web.co.uk/

dont lafff....its seven years ago and hardly anyone around here was on the internet

Hells Bells Kipax...have you contacted the Science Museum with this stuff. I'm sure they'd be interested... "An early example of a community chat forum". On second thoughts, though, contact the Natural History Museum...it looks like it could be from the stone age.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:20   #42
God Member

not quite up to your usal standards tealeaf... your slipping is it old age ?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:41   #43
God Member

I absolutely love this site for soooo many reasons and have made many new friends... for me accy forum =

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:42   #44
Resident Waffler

I noticed that you set yours up for:
Quote:
A place to meet for people in the Accrington area or maybe you're an ex Accrington resident who wants to share past experiences.
rather than exclusively for ex-pats with residents permitted as guests. Was it Roy who preferred the latter option?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:46   #45
God Member

Roy wasnt there at that time.. Just me and Julie....I dont understand your question.. Are you saying I would prefer somehting different ? its me saying accyweb is for everyone isnt it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..