Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 23:59   #31

Re: Why we should sterilise teenage girls ... temporarily at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thought that Samf's point re. STD's was solid, however, good contraception has been around for a long time, and still men refuse to wear condoms if they know a gal is on the pill. Difficult to argue in the heat of the moment, so that is where male responsibility comes in.
I'm sorry but it isn't always that way - women can want it without just as much as a man and it can be up to him to insist.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2008, 00:05   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I'm sorry but it isn't always that way - women can want it without just as much as a man and it can be up to him to insist.
OK yer not wrong Sam, always willing to do a U-turn ... LOL .. so you men have to be more forceful about it , but can you ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 00:23   #33
God Member

Sorry but I can't get my head round the fact that kids are having sex so young, come on girls are having babies at twelve and thirteen years old!! Then we add to the mix STD's, is it just me that thinks it is so wrong that kids are having sex so young? Not only are they having sex but with multiple partners!!! What about instilling into these kids a bit of self respect? These kids probably have more partners whilst they are still babies(in my eyes) than I ever will have!! I was always brought up to believe it was self respect not to be available!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 00:54   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Sorry but I can't get my head round the fact that kids are having sex so young, come on girls are having babies at twelve and thirteen years old!! Then we add to the mix STD's, is it just me that thinks it is so wrong that kids are having sex so young? Not only are they having sex but with multiple partners!!! What about instilling into these kids a bit of self respect? These kids probably have more partners whilst they are still babies(in my eyes) than I ever will have!! I was always brought up to believe it was self respect not to be available!!!

I agree Bernie.
Sadly our next generation is too advanced IMO. I think these young uns that are having children themselves are wishing them to grow up way too fast therefore from what they wear to how they teach them to say things. . It seems IMO some children are used as a fashion accsessory(sp) X is saying and doing this so Z needs to be taught it too so he can be better than X...
We all want our children to be bright and bubbly but too many want them being mini pop icons.

I think the reason also is that youngsters having children of thier own are quite often barely old enough to educate themsalves let alone a child of thier own

Last edited by cherokee; 12-08-2008 at 00:58.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51   #35
Loz

Think a contraceptive implant would be a good idea as long as they were educated about STD's.
I have an implant and have suffered no side effects whatsoever,its painless to insert and lasts for 3 years when you can get another one if you want.
Anything which cuts down on teenage pregnancies and STD's can only be a good thing surely?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:00   #36
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Why we should sterilise teenage girls ... temporarily at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
"Education would benefit, too. Classrooms would be less plagued by fatherless lads whose ambition it is to cause nothing but trouble."
There are fatherless girls too.

But being fatherless doesn’t mean being a disruptive pupil.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:46   #37
Beacon of light

Long term contraception might seem like a good idea, but is it really?
Maybe then the girls will have no fear of pregnancy and will not get the male partner to use condoms...then we have the spectre of STD's raising their ugly head....Chlamydia being a very common one which will affect the future fertility of these girls....so that when they want to have a baby...in a stable relationship, they may find that their reproductive equipment is damaged beyond repair.

If a girl is mature enough to enter into a sexual relationship then she has to be mature enough to take the appropriate precautions.....after all it is her who will end up holding the baby...literally, if she doesn't.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:00   #38

[quote=jambutty;618093]There are fatherless girls too.

But being fatherless doesn’t mean being a disruptive pupil.[/quote

Think you might want to look a little more closely at posts before you part quote them.

The above quote was one I had quoted from the Original link, the article that sparked this all off.

MY post basically stated that I stopped reading as soon as I reached that point cos it was a load of ba ba (putting it nicely)

Have a look at the full post JB
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 14:05   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

education wont stop those that use children as an excuse not to work
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 16:24   #40
God Member

Say what you like about how it takes two but there are plenty of women in this country who willingly pick up one night stands one after another in the hope of getting pregnant and couldnt even remember the guys name and quite frankly couldnt care less as long as they got their baby to keep them off the list of people who should be sent back to work
There are plenty of women out there that ACCIDENTLY get pregnant when their first child goes to full time school which surprise upon surprise, gives them 5 more years of having an excuse of not going back to work

Not having a go at stay at home mums by the way im just saying that there are some that will do this just so they dont have to work. I have been both a working mum and a stay at home one. I personally kept my work to part time so I could have best of both worlds. I agree that there are many out there that cant do this.

Like ive said earlier i think that if this sterilising works and has no long term or lasting effect. bring it on. although like many agree that the STD s are a must that should and must be addressed.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 16:29   #41
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Are we not just fighting nature here? Surely, if so, we are bound to lose?

'Civilisation' has extended childhood, indeed we are still doing it, keeping children longer and longer in school, perhaps in most cases it is for the better, most people would agree that a young girl reaching puberty should not become the prey of sick older men.

Puberty itself however brings with it the complication that the urges are very strong and without much effort almost any young girl and boys of similar age are willing to experiment, not because they have necessarily had a bad upbringing but because that is the way our basic instincts are. If everyone looked back and then was honest, what a traumatic time that was and in actual fact it doesn't take much for the thin veneer of civilised behaviour to be swept to one side and beggar the consequences.

Sterilisation? What happens about the poor girl that is temporarily sterilised and perhaps would have resisted her basic instincts but when she reaches our version of maturity then finds that for her this form of contraception has left her completely sterile for ever?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 16:46   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Girls only get pregnant with the aid of a boy.

So why single out girls for ‘temporary’ sterilisation?
Excellent point .... and it is not fair to inflict any penalty on the child for the actions of the parents .... and I don't like the term "unwanted" when "unplanned" says it a lot better. We all come into the world the same way; and we all deserve a chance ... and in affluent states like England, all kids should be given a chance .... As Pope Urban said: Inter faeces at urinas nascimur sunt (sorry if my Latin is a little rusty) ... but kids shouldn't have to spend their lives in the crap because of the circumstances of their birth.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 16:55   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Think sex education is a good thing but only after a certain age.
When i was in my last year of primary school i remember a nurse coming to the school to talk to us about sex,at 11 years old i think it was pointless and not needed.
If they started with it at 15 years onwards then i think that is okay but putting ideas in young peoples minds can only be a bad thing imo.
Don't think sex education puts ideas into anyone's head .... the ideas come along uninvited, and the point of sex education should be to deal with the ideas that the young people have, and help them to handle the biological, social, and peer pressures that come along at a certain age.
Old 12-08-2008, 17:18   #44
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Why do some people think young girls go out to get pregnant, just to get benefit?
if thats the case then they are in for a shock!!

Why are these girls have to get benefit in the first place?......because the boy dont want to know, ...again its the girls who always get the blame....what they should be doing if fanging hold of the males and snipping them, as well as dealing with the girls......as someone said....it takes two, so BOTH should be dealt with!

No one told me about sex...did i go out and get pregnant as a teenager and sleep around?....NO, to me, sex education as nowt to do with it!
Old 12-08-2008, 18:22   #45
God Member

How many of you guys were "accidents" .... I know I was, my mom told me .... I made it this far, tho I sometimes wonder why I bothered

My son was an accident too .... his mother and I were married at the time, but unfortunately to different people This accident is now teaching engineering at the University of Saskatchewan on a post-doctoral fellowship.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..