Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2008, 22:24   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: Why we should sterilise teenage girls ... temporarily at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
In my opinion, it is a lot more hard work bringing up a child full time as against going to work, so can never understand why young girls would want to be single parents just to obtain benefits to avoid work.. You never have any space, have to watch/cook/entertain/organise baby-sitters for any nights out, etc... even body space as they need nursing, climb all over you, holding hands when you venture outside (which takes ages to organise, as have a long list of items to take with you when under 3 years); the list is endless. No respite whatsoever. Although you do it for love naturally, any life of your own is spoken for.
Generations of war widows, and some widowers, did all that parenting, and still went out to work to put food on their families table.

There wasn't the option of being a state funded, stay at home, parent.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2008, 22:29   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Generations of war widows, and some widowers, did all that parenting, and still went out to work to put food on their families table.

There wasn't the option of being a state funded, stay at home, parent.

Hey, me too Garinda .. had to bring up my son plus grandaughter lots of the time plus working in Manchester, but on the first few years I spent at home with daughter/son, found it hard work being with a child on your own all day long with no freedom. Just trying to say can be easier to work, rather than have children to avoid it ... sorry, if not making meself clear...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 22:34   #78
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Hey, me too Garinda .. had to bring up my son plus grandaughter lots of the time plus working in Manchester, but on the first few years I spent at home with daughter/son, found it hard work being with a child on your own all day long with no freedom. Just trying to say can be easier to work, rather than have children to avoid it ... sorry, if not making meself clear...
I agree.

Parenting, if you're doing it well, is never easy.

Especially if there is only one parent.

Old 15-08-2008, 22:39   #79
God Member

Saw a young girl with a baby at the hospital the other day and it made me feel quite sad. Baby was crying and neither she nor the lady with her(think it could have been a very young health visitor) seemed to know what was wrong. Said I thought the baby had wind(and she had). Just doesn't seem right such young girls having so much responsibility.
Before anyone has a go I am not saying she shouldn't have had the baby and know older mothers may not have recognised what was wrong with baby. Just found it so sad.
Old 15-08-2008, 22:43   #80
God Member

Some people are making out that teenage girls are getting themselves pregnant simply as a means of getting benifits..I think the percentage is very small..but quite a high percentage may be "unplanned"..it's a very dangerous road to go down when talking about sterilising anyone..Blazey touched upon the law..but laws can be changed by Goverments like in China were this pratice was carried out in the 70's when women were sterilised for the "good " of the nation.. the pill and condoms are the safer ways were the peolple involved can take the option.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 22:47   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Some people are making out that teenage girls are getting themselves pregnant simply as a means of getting benifits..I think the percentage is very small..but quite a high percentage may be "unplanned"..it's a very dangerous road to go down when talking about sterilising anyone..Blazey touched upon the law..but laws can be changed by Goverments like in China were this pratice was carried out in the 70's when women were sterilised for the "good " of the nation.. the pill and condoms are the safer ways were the peolple involved can take the option.

Just pop one of these under your tongue for me.

We can't be too careful.

Old 15-08-2008, 22:57   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just pop one of these under your tongue for me.

We can't be too careful.
I'll stick to a gob swill with Detol ..and Mcleans ultrabright (currently on sale at £2.59 in Tesco!)
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 22:58   #83
Passed away 25-11-09

It's a terrible question, isn't it? When I was a teenager it was unacceptable to have a child "out of wedlock". Sure, girls got pregnant, but it was either marry the father or give the baby up for adoption.

I don't think the reality of parenting is hammered home hard enough to young girls these days. I also think young boys are left out of the equation far too readily. Biologically, it takes two, and we're too ready to condemn the girls while absolving the boys.
Old 15-08-2008, 23:14   #84

You’re right accountability has to be taken by the male, plus any family flak that goes with it.

I wonder how many parents of young boys actually dissuade their offspring from taking responsibility when the lad might want otherwise …He’s too young, he’s caught in a trap, he has his whole life ahead of him etc.
Old 15-08-2008, 23:19   #85
God Member

well funny you should mention that Ste, was visiting my mate in the hospital today and Reece was looking at the different names of the wards as we passed each one, we went passed the GUM clinic and he laughed and said 'thats a stupid name for a ward, whats it for?' .... so i told him, its for silly men and women who dont use condoms because when you dont use condoms you get nasty diseases

he already knows that condoms prevent babies
Old 15-08-2008, 23:21   #86
Resting in Peace

Whatever happened to the male pill, haven't heard 'owt about that one for ages ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 23:23   #87
God Member

How does the law stand on this? I know that men can be charged with having sex with a girl under sixteen but does the same aplly to lads who are minors??
Old 15-08-2008, 23:29   #88

Dunno, it’s sort of similar to drinking underage, the coppers just seem to take the booze off them and dispose of it, down the nearest grate or whatever. The fact that the law has actually been broken never seems to be addressed.
Old 16-08-2008, 00:28   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i know someone in my family who says 'i cant take the pill, my doctors said so, i cant have the coil, my doctor said so, i cant have the pill injection, my doctor said so' it really irritates me because i know that its just an excuse to have more babies and stay on the social

yeah i have been on the social for a long time now, but i didnt keep spitting out babies so i could stay on it forever
P M me and send me a map
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:53   #90
God Member

you wanna start having more babies do ya Benipete?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..