Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2007, 21:46   #16

Re: Windfarm anyone?

i think the windfarms are quite pleasing on the eye and i,m not against the proposal
Old 20-05-2007, 02:11   #17
God Member

well ive seen them in places where they really have made a blip on the eye and believe me i think if any of you had them close to you , you would have a different view on them ..they are noisy, ugly and are taking over some of the most panoramic beautiful spots of land ... tell me if you lived up on the tops of ossy and had georgous views , would you really want one of them in your way?? i certainly wouldnt... good luck with em is all i can say.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 02:32   #18
God Member

well ive seen places where these awful things have been placed and its dreadful... they totally ruin the landscape ,they are soo noisey and i for one would not like to live close to them ....think very hard before you go praising these awful things ... if they are out at sea fine but you really wouldnt like them on your doorstep....
Old 21-05-2007, 19:58   #19

I heard that they are really noisy. I was gonna buy a house on the road to rochdale (owd betts) but later found about the windfarm being built up there between edenfield and rochdale. did a lot of searching and there is a lot of opposition to them in the area.

I cant understand why they dont build them in the sea or near the sea. when i went to tenerife there were loads on the beach
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 21:36   #20
Resting in Peace

Have expressed my opinion in prior threads re. windfarms and just reiterating ... basically, I am in love with them .. gorgeous, graceful,hypnotic, green,forward thinking and artistic .. bring 'em on.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 22:46   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Have expressed my opinion in prior threads re. windfarms and just reiterating ... basically, I am in love with them .. gorgeous, graceful,hypnotic, green,forward thinking and artistic .. bring 'em on.
You aren't the dolly bird in the sports car that Windy Miller drives off with, are you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4360482.stm

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 22:48   #22
Give, give, give member

Here you are Kate, you can watch the windmill and old Windy getting his oats.

http://www.loosemoose.net/html/quaker_windy.php

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 22:49   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Lantern View Post
I heard that they are really noisy. I was gonna buy a house on the road to rochdale (owd betts) but later found about the windfarm being built up there between edenfield and rochdale. did a lot of searching and there is a lot of opposition to them in the area.

I cant understand why they dont build them in the sea or near the sea. when i went to tenerife there were loads on the beach
were you not listening to em in tenerife?
Old 22-05-2007, 00:07   #24
God Member

theres quite a few out to sea over here and they arent a prob but i certainly wouldnt like to live close to em ..they make an awful buzzing noise ....
Old 22-05-2007, 06:21   #25

put them out at sea not near houses no dowt in years to come they will find out they are the cause of some nasty things like cancer or something
Old 22-05-2007, 18:51   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You aren't the dolly bird in the sports car that Windy Miller drives off with, are you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4360482.stm
How very very dare you suggest that I would lower my standards to look after the needs of an overbloated flour grinder in a blue dress !! Umph!
Old 24-05-2007, 12:53   #27
God Member

This article in today's Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2086626,00.html

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:24   #28

This is something new and we would have to get use,t to them poping up all over the place now
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:45   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cant see a lot wrong with em,sighted in a suitable place, i love the countryside as much as anyone from a town can, but the fact remains we need ENERGY, as i said earlier i find em pleasing to the eye, so if their situated out of living areas i cannot see the problem.
Old 24-05-2007, 21:21   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cant see a lot wrong with em,sighted in a suitable place, i love the countryside as much as anyone from a town can, but the fact remains we need ENERGY, as i said earlier i find em pleasing to the eye, so if their situated out of living areas i cannot see the problem.
Here, here Cashman, wouldn't like them to be a nuisance to anyone though.

Suppose you have seen in the Observer a proposal to site some over Ossie .. well, would certainly put us on the map for interest value if nowt else.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..