Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 09:47   #61
I am Banned

Post Re: Waccy Baccy in Accy

Jo
Quote:
4) "I don't want dope to be legalised because if it were legal I would do it and would start smoking again. I am weak and unable to make up my own mind - please protect me with the law, otherwise if it is legal I will have to do it because it will be legal and therefore OK."
WRONG (Bordering on lies)
I never said that.. I said I would take drugs if they where legal.. however as an ex smoker I probably wouldnt in case it got me on the smoking habit again.. what you just wrote wasnt even an argument.. it was a lie.. Please dont quote me as saying things that are lies
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2003, 10:03   #62
Jo

Oh come on Harry, I didn't mean to insult you. I didn't quote you saying lies, I clearly wrote "my interpretation of your arguments so far" in the same way you interpreting other people's from your point of view. I did not use a quote.
Unfortunately I have to stick with my guns on my last interpretation, while everyone else is talking about various issues regarding drugs, you return to the one same point. They are illegal. OK, we heard you, but can't we also discuss other points. I truly interpreted you in the way I wrote, it was not meant to be an insult.
Also, maybe you're right, we are NOT saying the same thing, sorry. :-[
You are saying it's not OK to take drugs until they are legal, and then once legal they are OK. I am saying, I do not support drugs whether legal or illegal. Don't want my kids to get on them even if it is legal. I quote you "No its illegal so its wrong to do.. not bad. other illegal things are also wrong to do not ok.. Yes when the OK is given and its not illegal then its OK"
We do differ slightly here, sorry.
Also, how do you do that quote thing? can't get the hang of it.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:05   #63
Jo

Hey, did you change your last post?
The first 3 and last quote have disappeared!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:06   #64
I am Banned

I ahve modified my response.

Its lies and highly insulting to try and make out I said or even think those things..  You know your losing an argument when you have to resort to dirty tricks like that.

-----------

Quoting
When you go to reply.. the icons.. its the next to last on the bottom row.. click that and you get an open and close quote tag.. just paste the text in between.. easy when you know how  Hope that helps
Old 09-09-2003, 10:14   #65
Jo

Harry I DID NOT QUOTE YOU, I am giving you my interpretation of what you said. In order to communicate you have to give a message, receive a message and interpret a message and in order to know whether the other person has understood you need to know what they have recieved the message (you can see this for yourself) and how they have interpreted it. I have to tell you this, you cannot know it automatically.

For anyone interested:
YOU CAN READ ALL OF HARRY's ARGUMENT(S) ABOVE (if he doesn't remove them) and make up your own minds. I am not quoting him as having said anything, simply sharing with you the way I interpreted them. For the records, here is your answer, I think it was a dirty trick to enter a heated discussion and then remove your part of the argument:

Quote:See, I told you we were saying the same thing all along.

eeerm No

Quote:1) "it is illegal so it's bad - other illegal things may be done however and it will be OK to take class c drugs as soon as Tony B gives the OK"

WRONG
No its illegal so its wrong to do.. not bad. other illegal things are also wrong to do not ok.. Yes when the OK is given and its not illegal then its OK

Quote:2) "maybe it is already legal in the UK and Europe, but Accy is different, I refuse to admit that we have been part of Europe for 30 years"

WRONG
If its legal in the UK then its legal in Accy.. If its legal in other parts of europe that doesnt mean its legal in Accy.. only that some people think it should be.

Quote:3) "drinking is not bad because it is legal, even if it causes many problems in society, who cares, it is legal."

WRONG
Who said drinking isnt bad? As far as I can see everyone says (inc me) that drinking is worse than drugs... But its legal.

Quote:4) "I don't want dope to be legalised because if it were legal I would do it and would start smoking again. I am weak and unable to make up my own mind - please protect me with the law, otherwise if it is legal I will have to do it because it will be legal and therefore OK."

WRONG (Bordering on lies)
I never said that.. I said I would take drugs if they where legal.. however as an ex smoker I probably wouldnt in case it got me on the smoking habit again.. what you just wrote wasnt even an argument.. it was a lie.. Please dont quote me as saying things that are lies

Quote:5) "the argument is whether it is legal or not - has the penny dropped yet? We are not discussing the pros and cons and opinions on the café or drugs in general just whether it is legal or not. Why don't they want to understand me"

And now your just plain insulting

Also Harry (and this time I do quote you, this is not just my interpretation, you said
[quote author=HarryX link=board=anything;num=1063011170;start=40#54 date=09/09/03 at 09:39:26]
The arguments so far are.
Others countries do it so its OK
Drinking is worse so its OK
Is not bad for you so its OK
blah blah

you still haven't pasted we the quotes in where you found them. Why is it OK for you to quote things that we not said but not for me to give my interpretation of thin gs you said?

Thanks for tip on quoting, hope it's worked this time.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:15   #66
Jo

No, damn, the quoting didn't work, I'll try again next time.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:29   #67
I am Banned

Its this Icon Jo

Paste your text between the ] and the [

Go on try again
Old 09-09-2003, 10:33   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
Harry I DID NOT QUOTE YOU, I am giving you my interpretation of what you said.
So this is your honest opinion is it

Quote:
I am weak and unable to make up my own mind
Thats your honest interpretation based on me saying Yes I would take drugs if it was legal but then again no because I am an ex smoker and it might get me smoking again.... Based on that your interpretation is that I am weak and unable to amke up my own mind.

I say it insulting.. You say its your interptation..

Hmmmm..
Old 09-09-2003, 10:39   #69
Jo

Yey, that's what I understood and interpreted between the lines. You know every time we speak to someone they interpret and form an opinion of you. Usually nmost people never tell you that opinion, though, obviously, we are socially traineds in this way, it's called good manners. On this forum though I think it is possible to give opinions, because everyone is anonimous, so it's not considered an insult, at least that's the way I see it. I really didn't mean to insult you and if you prefer, I will keep my peronsal opinions of your quotes to myslef. No problem. Sorry again. Obviously even if I don't write my interpretations and opinions, I will still think them. I allow myself this liberty at least, but out of respect will refrain form ousting them!!  
Will try the quoting again after lunch.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:44   #70
I am Banned

Oh puuuuurlease....stop with the...I am not allowed to air my opinions.... dross..

You twisted my words..You know you did and everyone else knows you did..

I say I would take drugs if they where legal.. But then again probably not as an ex smoker as it might get me back on smoking..

What sort of interpretation changes that to.. I am weak and I have to take drugs if it is legal?  You twisted the whole thing around..

Like I say.. when you ahve to resort to underhand tricks to win a debate its time to concede that your on the losing side.. telling us its your honest interpretation is just going to make you look silly..

Anyway.. I dont get it.. You already conceded that it is wrong to take drugs while there illegal.. You agreed with me.. End of debate.. I win
Old 09-09-2003, 11:09   #71
Junior Member+

The Waccy Baccy has been in Accy since the 60s, what's the big deal?..... It's the hard drugs that are the problem here.

Hugh.
Hugh Jampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:18   #72
I am Banned

Big deal?  We are talking the ins and outs of drugs in accy.. No big deal mate.. Whats up ?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:27   #73
Jo

Harry I think you are the one looking silly. There was never a debate on whether it's wrong to take illegal drugs - we all agreed with you. I don't remember entering into an argument on that with you. I did not twist your words I clearly wrote that these were my interpretations, not that I was quoting you. And you seem to be the one using dirty tricks - you cannot tell me what is in my mind and how I interpret things, interpretations are a very personal thing, as I said, I will not bother sharing my thoughts with you in the future if it upsets you so much.
Also, why do you have to resort to winners and losers? This is a forum, there is no end to the discussion, it is free to go on as long as people want, just because you don't want to give your opinions on the other issues we're discussing under this topic (are c-class drugs still illegal?, will they be legal in 2 years when GB is forced to adopt the EU Directive. What do people think of the cannabis café? Are opinions changing in Accy? Are drugs wrong even if they were legal? etc etc. If it means so much to you, you won your debate, whatever it was, so you don't need to keep replying.

Appeal to other users: does anyone have anything else to say on this topic? I would would welcome input (even from those who have different views than my own, I am very open minded).
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:48   #74
Jo

OK, just to end YOUR debate Harry, here is an article which states that drugtaking is NOT strictly illegal. Please refer to 1971 Act.

Drugs and the law Quoted from THE GUARDIAN

Special report: drugs

Is it illegal to take drugs?
In the UK it is not strictly illegal to take drugs, only to unlawfully produce them, have them in your possession or pass them to someone else.
What does the law say?
The law prohibits possession and supply, with harsher penalties for the latter. The central legislation aimed at impeding drug taking is the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971) which divided drugs into three categories (A-C) depending on how dangerous they were perceived to be at that time.
What are Class A drugs?
These include heroin, methadone, cocaine, processed magic mushrooms and LSD. They are believed to be the most dangerous and therefore carry the highest penalties.
What about Class B and C drugs? Amphetamine sulphate (speed) is a class B drug. Class C drugs include mild amphetamines, cannabis, tranquillisers (such as temazepam, Valium) and anabolic steroids. ·
What are "controlled drugs"?
The drugs already mentioned are known as controlled drugs because of their addictive nature or where they are known to cause other social harm. There are nearly 200 named substances that fall under this category plus numerous chemical variations.
Some drugs have medicinal properties - how does this fit in with the law?
One of the most difficult balancing acts of creating drug legislation is to stop misuse without prohibiting correct usage, as the vast majority of drugs have medicinal properties. Sufferers of diseases such as multiple sclerosis claim to be able to use it to manage pain.
Within the current drugs laws are five "schedules", which list drugs according to who may lawfully produce, import, export, possess or supply them. For example, some class C drugs are legal to possess. Temazepam, for example, is a Class C drug, listed under schedule 4. It may be possessed, provided it is in a medicinal form.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:24   #75
I am Banned

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz..............

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..