Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 08:52   #1
Jo

Post Waccy Baccy in Accy

I heard on the grapevine that a café has opened where you can chill out and smoke not just tobacco. Is this true?
If so, what is the general feeling in Accy about this?
Is this subject appropriate for a forum? If not moderator, please delete!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2003, 08:59   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Waccy Baccy in Accy

I think the subject is OK so long as its not advertising the place..

As for drugs.. I HATE DRUGGIES

Its OK saying there harmless blah blah.. By viewpoint is this...

The more people that take drugs then the more widespread it becomes.

The more widespread it becomes then the more chance of children getting hold of it

I have children. If i find a druggie near my children no mattter how harmless they think the drugs are they will find that drugs do harm your health.

Druggies... IT IS ILLEGAL!
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:37   #3
Senior Member+

I'm with you harryx druggies are weak minded people they ought to face up to realty like the most of us and get a life. ( sorry if i offended anyone but i just had to say it )
Old 08-09-2003, 10:44   #4

Totally agree with the above, however for your information there is such a cafe in Accrington, not 90 seconds from town centre
Old 08-09-2003, 11:55   #5
Jo

Just to get the picture (I'm not around in Accy to make a judgement for myself), do you think drugs taking is getting more common in Accy than it was in the past?
Also, what about alcohol consumption? Are there still as many fights and alcohol related crimes as ever in Accy?
Some would argue that smoking dope is a better alternative to alcohol as it makes you calm, whereas alcohol makes you agressive. I don't really know my opinion on this, don't have much experience. I do agree though, that alcohol is very bad for you. I suppose dope must be too, have never tried it. I just wondered whether this new café was a sign of some kind of change in Accrington.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:23   #6
I am Banned

Alcahol just as bad as drugs is an old and very poor argument.. Even if you do put it accross in a sublime way

Alcahol is legal and controlled

Drugs are ILLEGAL and not controlled

Old 08-09-2003, 13:35   #7
Junior Member+

Agree totally Harryx.

Alcohol may be bad for you but it is legal. It's up to you whether you abuse your body and other people because of it.

Drugs are not legal. When they are maybe we can start debating the pros & cons of one or the other.
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:00   #8
Jo

Alcohol is NOT legal in all countries. Does that make it more harmful there than in the UK?
Also dope IS legal in some countries, is it therefore less harmful there?
By the way, just to make it clear, I am COMPLETELY anti-drugs, just think there's too much alcohol mis-use around as well but people hide behind the "it's legal" argument whilst their livers rot away (myself included, this is not a criticism of others).
Old 08-09-2003, 14:10   #9
I am Banned

Eating dogs is OK in some countries.  theres lot of funny things goes on in other countries.. You get yer hands chopped off for shoplifting .. I don't think we want to do things just because other countries do.

You asked in an English forum for an English own and even asked what Accrington folk think..

Well it would seem we agree.. Drugs are Illegal.. until they are legal then they are wrong...

Oh and BTW...everything is harmfull to you in the wrong quantity, So your second argument after comparing it with alcahol is also a bit lame.

Keep Accy drug free and keep it away from our children.

Old 08-09-2003, 14:49   #10

Hey HarryX, No doubt you'll be off to the pub then for right old belly full of ale!! Bit touchy on that subject aren't you?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:58   #11
I am Banned

No I wont be having a belly full of ale and Yes I am touchy on the subject of ILLEGAL drug taking...  Most people are... It's illegal... Yes?  

Don't worry. Penny will drop soon enough

Anyway.. Your dead!
Old 08-09-2003, 15:09   #12
Jo

Hiya Harry,
sorry if I got your back up there, that wasn't my intention. I did (and do) want Accy opinions, but I thought it would be OK if I gave info from another point of view, after all this is a chat forum. At the end of the day, you and I are both saying the same thing, so far, the only opinion I've given is that I am anti-drugs, the rest were just facts to inspire thought from a more rounded perspective, I wasn't saying that laws in other countries (or even in England) are right, just that they exist. By hearing other points of view, we can finally form opinions, and not beforehand, otherwise that would be prejudice.
Shall we just drop the subject? I think we're misunderstanding each other!
Old 08-09-2003, 15:15   #13
I am Banned

First off Jo.. You shouldnt really believe everything a dead bloke tells you. Elvis came to the wrong conclusion...I aint got my back up and I aint really that touchy.  I just have my opinion and on some subjects I will debate it to its death.. Lets have a heated debate said Mrs Merton

One thing you can be sure of.. If I aint in a happy mood then I aint posting.. So never think anything I post is in temper or riled or anything.. A MB as you say if for debating/discussing getting views over.. I didnt think it was getting out of hand and I am quite happy to keep the thread going until everyone agrees with me hehehehe

Old 08-09-2003, 15:27   #14

I can see were you are coming from Harry, however people form there own opinions on certain issues, e.g. you are totally against drugs ( so am I ), however people do it and at the end of the day its there bodies they are destroying, no one elses and if they become fatally ill from it then they can blame no - one else except themselves. What you seem to get on this forum, is that some opinions are quite strongers than another forumist, down to one reason - the age gap.  there is a massive age gap difference between a majority of people posting on here, now not sounding disrespectful nor discriminating against my elders ( I have been brought up to respect my elders and always will ) but people off a younger age have different opionions to the elder statesmen or women. FACT, it is just the era we have all been brought up in ! A Different one thats all, my parents will have different opinions on issues that I have and my Grandparents will have different opinions to that of my parents.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2003, 15:33   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
however people do it and at the end of the day its there bodies they are destroying, no one elses
No ones?  May I refer my good friend to my original answer? that BTW I even put in bold so ya couldnt miss it

Quote:
The more people that take drugs then the more widespread it becomes.

The more widespread it becomes then the more chance of children getting hold of it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..