Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 20:20   #91
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: Waccy Baccy in Accy

It said on the radio this afternoon that even the police are having trouble interpreting this new law and will be able to use discretion. So if you have cannabis in your posession they can caution you, but if they deem that you are carrying enough to supply to somebody then you can be arrested and charged.  ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2003, 21:20   #92
Senior Member+

Cazzer that still does not change a thing.There are such things as natures law.And if we were all gay i do not think that the Creator meant for the world to go that way.
What you ever gonna do if you all meet an homosexual , male or female, that is ****ed and stoned out of their heads.You will be debating until doom day.The whole point is as you all say drugs are illegal, ok and if cannabis is made legal tomorrow will that all of a sudden change your minds on the subject. As in now its legal it does not bother me anymore?
Old 12-09-2003, 21:21   #93
Senior Member+

Jo you and me have a good understanding.Try to stop winding people up eh?
Old 12-09-2003, 21:25   #94
Senior Member+

Harry X.That alchol is legal is only on paper.I have never seen a landlord refuse somebody a drink when they have blatantly raeched well over their limit.Also i ahve never seen a landlord take somebodies car Keys off them when they have drank more than 2 pints.Legally they should have to as if they are responsible for serving then the publican must be held responsible for how the customer gets home.In at least 4 European Countries this is law.And i feel a very good one
Old 12-09-2003, 21:36   #95
I am Banned

Just because you havent seen it dont mean it dont happen.. and NO the landlord isnt responsible for how a customer gets home in this country.

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 21:38   #96
Senior Member+

All in all if its legal then you could do it if you wanted.If its illegal then you should not be doing it.It all boils down to a choice.Can i or can i not.As to wether you do it  is your own choice.If it is illegal then somebody is taking the choice off you.
Old 12-09-2003, 21:40   #97
Senior Member+

And as for obesity watch Sky News.They had a report on Obesity this wekk, very interesting.It is all an hormone imbalance that is genetically passed on.The scientists are looking in to this and hope to be bringing out a medicine in the next 2 years to put the imbalance in order.
Old 13-09-2003, 08:43   #98
Accy Goddess

Were on earth as this obesity bit come from? Thought this posting about waccy baccy.  ??? ??
Perhaps my mind is befuddled with being up all night.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2003, 08:43   #99
Senior Member+

The goverment should make up it's mind either cannabis is legal or it is'nt it's an inbetween law as it stands now. seem's to me that what the law cannot control then make it legal, just to save money and time in the courts. by the way i am totaly against drug abuse it does not just affect the users life.
Old 13-09-2003, 08:52   #100
I am Banned

Well said Janet..Have a rating point on me

All this rubish about them being allowed to make up there own mind and allowed to do what they want....

Twaddle!
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2003, 09:39   #101
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The announcement of the supposedly 'new law' yesterday is really ambiguous, thinking about this last night, as it did say that cannabis should not be taken in public. Does this include cannabis cafes then ???
To me a cafe is a public place, where I sometimes go for a well earned brew and eclair.  ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2003, 16:35   #102
Senior Member+

[quote author=janet link=board=anything;num=1063011170;start=50#98 date=09/13/03 at 09:43:39]The goverment should make up it's mind either cannabis is legal or it is'nt it's an inbetween law as it stands now. seem's to me that what the law cannot control then make it legal, just to save money and time in the courts. by the way i am totaly against drug abuse it does not just affect the users life.[/quote]
#Oh and alcohol abuse does not then.I do think that the general concensus would be that more alcohol is drunken in Accrington than joints are smoked.But on the alcohol the government make more money in taxes than on drugs even if they were legalised
Old 13-09-2003, 16:36   #103
Senior Member+

[quote author=HarryX link=board=anything;num=1063011170;start=50#99 date=09/13/03 at 09:52:34]Well said Janet..Have a rating point on me

All this rubish about them being allowed to make up there own mind and allowed to do what they want....

Twaddle![/quote]
So you prefer to be told what to do when and where?
Old 13-09-2003, 17:05   #104
Accy Goddess

I dont think Cannibis is smoked more now than in the 60s & 70s. Just think people are more open about it these days.
The youth of today do seem to think it was an invention of theres.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2003, 19:12   #105
Senior Member+

MIK, I do agree with you about alcohol abuse people do seem to find that acceptable,i drink but in moderation, the biggest money spinner in this country has to be smoking ( tobacco ). something that i have never been attracted to, without the taxes the goverment make on this bad habbit the country would collapse, i find the goverment to be very hypocrittical when it comes to smoking.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..