Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

odders 14-09-2012 15:14

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1015532)
Black Swans are native to South and South East Australia....I took lots of pictures of them on the Adelaide River when I was there in 2003.......they are beautiful birds.
I am sure that Ossy Mills has at least one of them.(or at least,they used to have one)
I also saw them at Leeds Castle a few years ago

I have been to this town in Devon Dawlish Waterfowl. The Black Swans are one its major attractions, being on the river in the center of town.

susie123 14-09-2012 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1015605)
I love the old wood, and the stones inside churches too.
I don't mind the candles. Ma usually gets me to light one for Pa and anyone else she thinks might benefit from being 'thought about'.

By the way,Both of you should be commended for your lovely pics. I really enjoyed browsing them

Thank you, Margaret and compliment reciprocated!

I do sometimes light a candle but I find it has less meaning as I get older. And Richard has not a spiritual bone in his body. He's very practical - but also probably the least streetwise person I know. Lives in his own little world which I find it hard to penetrate sometimes!

susie123 14-09-2012 16:47

I've never heard of a peccadillo on a tree - pic 4 post 2352 - what on earth are they?

kestrelx 14-09-2012 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015515)

They are originally from Australia/ New Zealand, but have been bred for use in wildfowl collections and are now building up a feral population as some are free flyers.

They have a cruel streak as this video shows, one drowning a duck...

Black swan killing a duck - YouTube

Restless 14-09-2012 18:53

9 Attachment(s)
Went to Brighton last Saturday to see my favourite singer-songwriter Mark Eitzel. Got there early. The weather was fantastic. Walked in the sun form Hove to Brighton. Had quite a bit to drink and took some photos :)

5: My camera was dangerously close to getting wet :)

9: Who's that ugly mug standing there in my attempt of a scenic shot? :p

walkinman221 14-09-2012 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015696)
Went to Brighton last Saturday to see my favourite singer-songwriter Mark Eitzel. Got there early. The weather was fantastic. Walked in the sun form Hove to Brighton. Had quite a bit to drink and took some photos :)

Nice shots there:)

davemac 14-09-2012 19:24

Lovely set of pictures today, a visit to churches on foreign shores shows the care in construction, the Italy shots make me want to paddle around with my knotted hankie on. Rob you are showing a change in your composition, the pebbles and sea shots are very good, the water shape in number 6 makes you hear the sea on pebbles.

Restless 14-09-2012 19:31

Actually. I took my Tascam DR-07mkII with me to record the gig. I had it with me when I went to the beach. Actually made a lil recording of the waves

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1015709)
Lovely set of pictures today, a visit to churches on foreign shores shows the care in construction, the Italy shots make me want to paddle around with my knotted hankie on. Rob you are showing a change in your composition, the pebbles and sea shots are very good, the water shape in number 6 makes you hear the sea on pebbles.

kestrelx 14-09-2012 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015696)

Good shots - 3 and 5 stand out for me! ;)

davemac 14-09-2012 19:41

5 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, a rushed affair.

1. It was a bit windy last night, I think they lost a tent.
2. If you are interested there will be a canal weekend at the wharf ( sea cadets side ) from 10 till 4 Sat. & Sun.
3. Look at me fungi boy, ( well pensioner really ) strikes again.
4. I can't pass a fungi without dropping to my knees and taking a snap, I'm banned from Asda, people kept tripping over me.
5. Well, its a weevil walking on a wall.

davemac 14-09-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015714)

Actually. I took my Tascam DR-07mkII with me to record the gig. I had it with me when I went to the beach. Actually made a lil recording of the waves

Its not on flickr, will it be?

susie123 14-09-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1015719)
4. I can't pass a fungi without dropping to my knees and taking a snap, I'm banned from Asda, people kept tripping over me.

Told you before, there's not much room in the mushroom aisle!

davemac 14-09-2012 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015728)
Told you before, there's not much room in the mushroom aisle!

but I am a fungi, I know its 20 years old, but its all I've got

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2012 20:13

Rob...it has to be number 1 for me. Love that shot!

Restless 14-09-2012 20:30

can you upload sound recordings on flickr?

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1015721)
Its not on flickr, will it be?