Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2009, 02:13   #211

Re: The Deck

Florrie was a one and only, i dated him from being 14/17. He was a brilliant drummer and sang a mean Roll over Bethoven??. (can't spell) He was a really sweet guy
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2009, 10:59   #212
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
I remember Tom Robinson from way back, if it's the same Tom that was in a band years ago. Le Fauves. Please ask, silly name but they were ok. I think a guy called Rufus was also involved. Did a couple of gigs at Accy jazz club. Way back.
Remember both Tom and Rufus, Toms Dad used to be a goalkeeper played for Manchester City another name that springs to mind from the era was Tony Jenkinson Jinks to his mates
Old 26-07-2009, 16:57   #213
Super Moderator

Florrie was (and I would imagine, still is) a great bloke. Remember sitting on the deck as a naive 16-year old in 1967. Florrie (along with Isaac) tipped me off to loads of great blues artists like Junior Wells, Elmore James and Albert King...people who I still like to this day. An excellent musical education!
Old 26-07-2009, 20:13   #214
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
Florrie was a one and only, i dated him from being 14/17. He was a brilliant drummer and sang a mean Roll over Bethoven??. (can't spell) He was a really sweet guy
if thats the case our paths have definately crossed.
Old 15-08-2009, 17:22   #215
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicky View Post
I was one of the mod dudes with my brother Tony and Jimmy Lightbown, also isaac, vito, Tom Robinson, Dave Tunnicliffe etc. spent many a happy hour watching the girls walking by.
was good to see you n tony looking so well bicky, just before kick off today behind the clayton end.
Old 16-08-2009, 15:17   #216
Full Member+

Florrie did a short set at Sydney St WMC on new year's day as part of Tommy Franks' annual gig there. He didn't play drums though, sang and played guitar was ok too
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 15:22   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Florrie did a short set at Sydney St WMC on new year's day as part of Tommy Franks' annual gig there. He didn't play drums though, sang and played guitar was ok too
florrie n a few of the owd reprabates tend to pop in most new years days i was told last week.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:32   #218

What!!!!!!
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:55   #219
Senior Member+

The Deck

Just found this, of interest to anyone?

Last edited by Atarah; 04-11-2009 at 08:59.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:04   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Just found this, of interest to anyone?
dunno atarah, when i click it dont expand. now its gone lol
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22   #221
Senior Member+

Sorry, something went wrong and I lost the photo when trying to upload???
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 20:59   #222

Cool Re: The Deck

The deck I remember was from 1970 onwards kind of mod days then Joe davitt ,Mick cawley who both worked at millets on Church st everybody bought there jeans from there,Remembering Tubby who raced up and down church St on his scooter who sadly died a little while later.
woody another mod guy ,Isaac was in this crew remember him as a tight mod smart clothes .
way long time ago .we used to spend ages on the deck before and after going to the old disco over catlows and then New era shut on Friday nights .
Any others remember these days
johnenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:04   #223
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yep joe dav is down london way now i was told, isaac still about, lives near pop club.
Old 06-01-2010, 21:12   #224
God Member

Re: The Deck (photo by Jambutty from an old posting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Oh silly me, I didn't realise you meant THESE railings!!!!

This photo was on an old posting by Jambutty (hope its OK I have shown it)
Just noticed this ... fantastic pic .... I can almost smell the aroma from the tabacconist .... ubi sunt.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:14   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
The guy with the coloured pens died several years ago, I believe he choked on his vomit, don't know his name or anything, just know this because he used to live across from a mate of mine.(That's if it was the person you are on about)
I think his name was Geseppi or something like that.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..