Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2012, 14:28   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Could not agree more and we are now in the Europa League as well, still going for that Champions League place though.
I have a feeling we will be back at Wembley soon.
Where were la creme today? I did not see them lift the cup!
Very unlikely you will qualify for the Champions League, quite possibly not even for the Europa on league placing - so make the most of it. may even have been down to scouse tribal custom that they won
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2012, 15:02   #137
JFT96

Your lot have only one chance at glory this year. However the way things are going your neighbours are going to deny even that. I would say hahahaha

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 14:31   #138
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your lot have only one chance at glory this year. However the way things are going your neighbours are going to deny even that. I would say hahahaha
We will give them a run for their money, something your lot can't do
Of course having got a place in the Europa Cup will KK walk out again - will that be the third time he has walked away from a club?
Old 28-02-2012, 15:50   #139
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
We will give them a run for their money, something your lot can't do
Of course having got a place in the Europa Cup will KK walk out again - will that be the third time he has walked away from a club?
A run for their money......you don't have much faith then, goodness me I thought you would be proclaiming your lot would win it by next week....

For the record.. Kenny left Liverpool because of the effect the Hillsbrough Disaster had had on him.
At Blackburn he became Director of Football, then left. No walking out.

I would worry a heck of a lot more about the future of SAF's wonder boys, pretty soon you will be wondering why you don't win anything anymore.

Old 29-02-2012, 10:05   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
For the record.. Kenny left Liverpool because of the effect the Hillsbrough Disaster had had on him.
At Blackburn he became Director of Football, then left. No walking out.
Whichever way you phrase it - he walked away and both clubs have been on the downslope ever since
Old 29-02-2012, 11:54   #141
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Whichever way you phrase it - he walked away and both clubs have been on the downslope ever since
Which is what usually happens when you lose a very influential manager, just what are la creme going to do with Red Nose, cryogenicy freeze him

The simply fact is this, Kenny is back.

Old 07-03-2012, 13:01   #142
Senior Member+

I see that BG doesn't have anything to say after the weekend's failure - for the scousers. Maybe they have given up on the Premier League and are now going to put everything into winning the FA Cup - otherwise they will have to play all the preliminary rounds in the Europa.
I think I read that Stoke have played 18 games in that competition this season up to now, can the scousers manage that number of games?
Rovers still hanging on, can they avoid the drop this season?
Old 07-03-2012, 16:17   #143
JFT96

Failure? Well yes we lost to Arsenal, but and it is a but, they only just won it in the 90th minute.
I see man u are still 2nd....
Still why don't you just keep knocking others to hide your teams failings.
Good luck in the FA cup...oops

Old 08-03-2012, 16:41   #144
Senior Member+

Quote:
Failure? Well yes we lost to Arsenal, but and it is a but, they only just won it in the 90th minute.
I see man u are still 2nd....
Still why don't you just keep knocking others to hide your teams failings.
Good luck in the FA cup...oops
"Failings" - how many points are the scousers behind La Creme. We may be second at the moment but we do have a chance of overtaking them whereas the scousers will be lucky to get into 6th place the way they are going.
Read this morning that Glen Johnson has attempted to re-ignite the racism subject - it must be still alive and and thriving at Anfield
Old 08-03-2012, 19:37   #145
JFT96

Whatever you say Barrie, this is getting very tit for tat.

Old 08-03-2012, 21:11   #146
JFT96

Best not mention tonight's result then

Old 08-03-2012, 22:22   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Best not mention tonight's result then
Well i will 2-3.
Old 08-03-2012, 22:54   #148
God Member

Bilbao were the better team tonight.. best away team performance at OT this season (well maybe with citeh..and rovers )..but as they say we can now concentrate on the League... Pool can concentrate on the FA cup.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40   #149
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i will 2-3.
ya arrogant Fergie again why he picks that lazy little Brazil nut god only knows
Old 09-03-2012, 11:36   #150
Senior Member+

We were crap, at least De Gea is showing some ability now or it would have been an impossible dream.
Why he played Smalling only he knows, then have Ferdinand warm up and not bring him on but re-jig the formation by bringing Carrick on??????????????????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..