Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 00:18   #76
God Member

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Oh I don't know about worrying, we won 3 nil last night without Gerrard or Suarez, still in two cups, the final of one. It will be nice to go back to Wembley it's been too long.
Four points off a champions league place next year. I'd say things are looking up.
Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47   #77
JFT96

Yeah, I am with you there Mancie mate, after all it took Fergie several years when he joined to get the League for you.

But you have to start somewhere

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:08   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal.
Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05   #79
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected.
Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.
One shot wonders and I seem to remember that JW spent a lot of money - just for one season of glory - no stamina or long term planning - not even short term
Old 04-02-2012, 12:36   #82
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon
Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ?
Old 06-02-2012, 14:39   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ?
Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????
Old 06-02-2012, 15:53   #84
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????
Going off yesterday's result?
Okay well let's see:
There's the Carling Cup, we are in the Final
The FA Cup
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.
Seeing Kenny has only been back for a year, that's pretty good after all it took Alex three years to win the FA cup...

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 06-02-2012 at 15:56.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11   #85
Resting in Peace

Wow what a great performance by the new signing at Anfield, Liverpools new formation 4 Paw 4
Old 07-02-2012, 14:20   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.
Must be Kung Fu Fighting after seeing Suarez kicking Parker in the chest. Then there was the laser in the Spurs players face, what a section of morons support the scousers.
Pity that KK, or should it now be KKK, can't move on - Suarez was found to be guilty, KK should just move on. That said, I think there will be a fair bit of aggro on Saturday.
Old 07-02-2012, 15:39   #87
JFT96

So why mention it Barrie, unless you are trying to provoke a reaction?
Let's see what Saturday brings

Old 07-02-2012, 17:02   #88
JFT96

Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time

Old 07-02-2012, 17:52   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time
How dare you mention King Eric, the french trawler hand, he's god at the theatre of merchandising Si
Old 07-02-2012, 18:25   #90
JFT96

and that's the rub Jay, if the racist Manchester United thug had been a Liverpool thug, then it would have been all over the papers and screams off our manc set here shouting the odds.
However they stay silent and make out that everyone else is at fault.
Still we are with in spitting distance of a Champions League place next year, which would be nice. Its about time we won a Sixth, now how many have mancy u won???

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..