Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 19:08   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
but will admit you have bought one or two who can do something - but Bellamy
Got to agree on the Bellamy front, we've had him, he didn't make good so we got shut & now he's back again Not quite sure why.
Old 02-09-2011, 17:16   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And as the pundits have said..along with the Rovers footy expert from Ossy .."you can't win nothing with kids"
At least the Ossy VFC fan has now got his very own Fatboy to talk about - Yakuba is certainly no Spring Chicken and fatter that Rooney
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56   #33
Senior Member+

Liverpool are complaining about the refereeing decision that gave Stoke a penalty against them. They are talking about making a formal complaint about referee Clattenburg.

Coming from a team that built a whole history of success on dubious penalty decisions at the Kop End in the 70s and 80s, that comment has to take the biscuit!

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:49   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Liverpool are complaining about the refereeing decision that gave Stoke a penalty against them. They are talking about making a formal complaint about referee Clattenburg.

Coming from a team that built a whole history of success on dubious penalty decisions at the Kop End in the 70s and 80s, that comment has to take the biscuit!

Saw "King" Kenny throw his toys out of the cot last night - Oh dear, what a shame, never mind
See that the VFC mob had a good weekend last week - they didn't get beat. Kean must be right when he said they have a strong team - they are holding all the other teams on their shoulders at the moment. To my mind the best panalty miss was either one of the VFC mob misses in their last game
Old 12-09-2011, 21:03   #35
God Member

Quote:
Saw "King" Kenny throw his toys out of the cot last night - Oh dear, what a shame, never mind
See that the VFC mob had a good weekend last week - they didn't get beat. Kean must be right when he said they have a strong team - they are holding all the other teams on their shoulders at the moment. To my mind the best panalty miss was either one of the VFC mob misses in their last game
Was just checking the fixtures to see who King Kenny's Pool were playing in the Champs League or Euro thingy this week.. forgot Liverpool ain't in any.... Birmingham, Spurs, Fulham and Stoke made the Euro so I'll be shouting for those teams.....still as they say Liverpool can now concentrate on winning the Prem..

Last edited by Mancie; 12-09-2011 at 21:07.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 16:45   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Was just checking the fixtures to see who King Kenny's Pool were playing in the Champs League or Euro thingy this week.. forgot Liverpool ain't in any..
Go on Lads, fill yer boots, have a good gloat The season is still young, let's wait & see shall we.
Old 14-09-2011, 05:53   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Liverpool can now concentrate on winning the Prem..
and the Carling Cup, famously called the "Mickey Mouse" Cup by that master of unbiased football punditry, Phil Thompson.
Old 18-09-2011, 13:31   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So Barry, Arsenal are no longer big boys then? Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Good result against Bolton today, the lads are doing okay.
Seeing your lot have not had much to worry about yet, let's see what happens.
Perhaps you were right in your assumption that Arsenal are no longer "Big Boys"
They have got more holes in the defence than a colander and about as much striking power as a powder puff. Totally outplayed by the club who were the bottom of the league.
You could be excused in thinking they had signed Secombe, Sellers and Co and become the Goons rather than the Gooners
Old 18-09-2011, 20:32   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think Liverpools road just got a bit longer today.
Old 18-09-2011, 21:49   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think Liverpools road just got a bit longer today.
To be fair King Kenny has only spent !00 million in the last 8 months..and he might still have some of pools spare change in his back back pocket.. mind you he skint Rovers and Newcastle
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 12:27   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
and the Carling Cup, famously called the "Mickey Mouse" Cup by that master of unbiased football punditry, Phil Thompson.
No chance of that - Kean has said this week that Rovers are going to win the Carling Cup this season - and he said earlier that they were going to get a European place, so that really pushes Liverpool down the pecking order
Old 01-10-2011, 20:36   #42
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Chewed up the Toffees today, sitting in 5th.
Old 02-10-2011, 00:00   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Chewed up the Toffees today, sitting in 5th.
Some good news for you at last DinG, also for Wyn and the other Stanley fans - can't say the same for the VFC lot, maybe they will win in
Pune That will be all that they need to kick start them up the league Would be good to hear from the VFC rabble rouser on hear.
Don't need to say anything about La Creme or the noisy neighbours - enough been said about the noisy lot and Tevez, looks as though SAF was right in letting him go
I note that BG has been very quiet about the Goon Show lately
Old 02-10-2011, 16:06   #44
JFT96

Being a scouser, why would I give two hoots about Arsenal Barrie???
It's great news to see our lad in 5th, but better still they are playing with passion and a desire to wear the shirt.
I do have a life out side of here you know, there is precious little Internet in sub sahara Africa.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:50   #45
Senior Member+

So Jack Rodwell's red card against Liverpool has been rescinded. Quite right, too. It wasn't a red card incident. It wasn't a yellow card incident. In fact, it wasn't even a foul. It was a perfectly clean tackle.

I just hope that referee Martin Atkinson now takes a long hard look at himself and wonders what it was that possessed him to make such a ludicrous decision so early in such a crucial game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..