Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

AccyMad 30-07-2010 20:49

Re: Pitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 832574)
There's an article in the Telegrapgh regarding new police box

Accrington Stanley reveal control room plans (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Really doubt some of the 'facts' in this article - but at least I can go to sleep now I've had my bedtime fairy story :rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 30-07-2010 21:26

The new control room, to be be funded by the club, will be sited in the corner of the away stand and is necessary for the club’s safety certificate and football league status.

If the new control room is "necessary" for the club's safety certificate and football league status...how're they going to build it in a week?

cashman 30-07-2010 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 832631)
The new control room, to be be funded by the club, will be sited in the corner of the away stand and is necessary for the club’s safety certificate and football league status.

If the new control room is "necessary" for the club's safety certificate and football league status...how're they going to build it in a week?

Yeh don't mean yer doubting "Robs" word.?:eek:

lancsdave 30-07-2010 21:36

Presumably because they have had to submit a planning application they will use the old one as a temporary measure.

sherry 30-07-2010 21:52

As I understand it there will be a new first aid 'cabin', placed rear centre of the away terrace and the old control cabin placed on top of it! All should be revealed after the "upraising" ceremony at 1p.m. tomorrow, Saturday.

ukcowboy 30-07-2010 21:56

Putting my cynical hat on fir just one minute, could this possibly be the reason our embargo appears to be still in place? Or is the letter from the league still in the mail?

lancsdave 30-07-2010 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 832645)
Putting my cynical hat on fir just one minute, could this possibly be the reason our embargo appears to be still in place? Or is the letter from the league still in the mail?

I'm not sure the lack of a safety certificate is a transfer embargo issue, there again who knows how the Football League work ? :rolleyes:

ukcowboy 30-07-2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 832652)
I'm not sure the lack of a safety certificate is a transfer embargo issue, there again who knows how the Football League work ? :rolleyes:

Cheers Dave, I wasn't sure whether it was or not.........:o

Wynonie Harris 31-07-2010 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 832642)
As I understand it there will be a new first aid 'cabin', placed rear centre of the away terrace and the old control cabin placed on top of it! All should be revealed after the "upraising" ceremony at 1p.m. tomorrow, Saturday.

...and as I've said before, it'll still be in use three years from now.

£20,000 spent on a new police control box? There's about as much chance of that as Cashy joining the diplomatic corps. ;)

yonmon 31-07-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 832618)
Really doubt some of the 'facts' in this article - but at least I can go to sleep now I've had my bedtime fairy story :rolleyes:

Chief Executive Rob Heys said: “The temporary cabin meets requirements for now, but what we really need is a permanent structure and is the first priority.
“We are trying to get away from the old way of ‘make do and mend’

Does this imply that our CEO has at last realised and herein confirmed that every effort made up to date has
been on an 'ad hoc' and 'anything will do' basis ??...
We can only applaud his perspicacity and hope for better things !!..

PS...When will a press release from The Crown actually say what it means ?.

cashman 31-07-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 832713)
Chief Executive Rob Heys said: “The temporary cabin meets requirements for now, but what we really need is a permanent structure and is the first priority.
“We are trying to get away from the old way of ‘make do and mend’

Does this imply that our CEO has at last realised and herein confirmed that every effort made up to date has
been on an 'ad hoc' and 'anything will do' basis ??...
We can only applaud his perspicacity and hope for better things !!..

PS...When will a press release from The Crown actually say what it means ?.

well i can't applaud his perspicacity as i have aint a ruddy clue what it is., speak simpleton english please.:D

mab 31-07-2010 10:31

:) 12 oclock the crane is lifting the control box in to place :) camras at the ready;):)

sherry 31-07-2010 10:45

Humph - I believed and was going down for 1p.m.! :rolleyes: Hope he's out watching and it's still raining :yelrotflm

Stanleymad 31-07-2010 10:49

OO look forward to pictures :D

Mind u with all this rain should be good for the lush greenery called the pitch :D

yonmon 31-07-2010 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 832729)
well i can't applaud his perspicacity as i have aint a ruddy clue what it is., speak simpleton english please.:D

Tell you next Saturday !!.