Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

yonmon 18-08-2010 17:17

Re: Pitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 838087)
Is this a new playmate for Alfred and Stanley I wonder? :p:D:p

Cowboy !..it's already done !!.
With no thanks to Stanley Convert for identifying 'Cow-shed Sid for me, there are now FOUR of us in my close-nit (not a spelling error!) Accy Forum world !..

Alfred.E. , who knows everything about everything'!.

Stanley Hope ( He of Lancashire Telegraph fame!)..who has always hoped and is forever hoping that all of his hopes for Accrington Stanley are well-founded !.

Cow-shed Sid ( FRHS !)...who knows an awful lot about the Whinney Hill side of The Crown Ground !! and is well-known for his gravel-splitting !......and...

ME... who they allow to type out their well-meant,yet if at times inane thoughts and ideas on all things Stanley !.

and it's getting crowded in here !!.

VALAIRIAN 18-08-2010 17:45

Yonmon, a question...........If, three is a crowd :hehetable what is four??????????????? :confused: :confused: :D

yonmon 18-08-2010 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 838097)
Yonmon, a question...........If, three is a crowd :hehetable what is four??????????????? :confused: :confused: :D

Hmmmm..Well for a start...

Four is the only number that is spelled wiith an amount of letters that is exactly equal to its value!

Then again Four is just enough for a game of Twister !.

Also,(being unashamedly Homophonic !), it is the word one hears just before a golf ball hits one on the head !!

Over to you Joe !

VALAIRIAN 18-08-2010 19:49

Four is also the number of corners on Ilyas's Pitch!!!! ;)

yonmon 18-08-2010 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 838130)
Four is also the number of corners on Ilyas's Pitch!!!! ;)

Perspicacity personified Val !...but on a more serious note, would you, or perhaps Mr T know if 'Ilyas's Pitch'is still unfit for purpose as many well-informed, and equally concerned Stanley supporters keep telling me ?....many reporting persistent waterlogging as the most pressing problem !.
I guess that my pursuit of a definitive answer to this problem is gettting a tad tiresome to some, but as a quality playing surface at The Crown would appear to be one of John Coleman's prime objectives in his quest for 'a passing game, I make no apologies for asking that every effort, and an injection of more finance if necessary, be seen as imperative to ensure this !.

stanley convert 19-08-2010 08:46

Yonmon I must say your light hearted humour brigthens my day, I am off to the crown now and will give cow shed sid your kindest regards and see if his gravel slitting has healed any overnight lol.

yonmon 19-08-2010 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 838195)
Yonmon I must say your light hearted humour brigthens my day, I am off to the crown now and will give cow shed sid your kindest regards and see if his gravel slitting has healed any overnight lol.

But you will let us know what your visit uncovers SC...
We receive so many conflicting reports that we would really appreciate a current and comprehensive review of the situation...
(ps...Stanley keeps hoping that the club might release a resume of the development of 'Ilyas's Pitch'...But ???).

stanley convert 19-08-2010 18:27

Yonmon not a lot to report on the pitch today, IMHO it aint improved any but then again what do I know, there was plenty going on around the ground ie Buzzer doing his daily 3mile walk behind the mower (or was he being pulled along) scaffold going up for the tv towers and about 7 or 8 of the pitch contractors scrattin around up near sid,s cow-shed, may have more news tomorrow as I will be there all day.

VALAIRIAN 19-08-2010 18:30

Plenty of rain forecast over the next few days!!!!

yonmon 19-08-2010 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 838332)
Yonmon not a lot to report on the pitch today, IMHO it aint improved any but then again what do I know, there was plenty going on around the ground ie Buzzer doing his daily 3mile walk behind the mower (or was he being pulled along) scaffold going up for the tv towers and about 7 or 8 of the pitch contractors scrattin around up near sid,s cow-shed, may have more news tomorrow as I will be there all day.

We don't like the sound of that procedure SC !!.... Now look, Sid is no Doctor but he says if you spotted them 'scrattin' then it seems to him like the Contractors may have contracted something they didn't really contract for, like Scabies or something worse !.... So he suggests that you keep them at arms length tomorrow...you never know..

And also I'm fairly certain that 'Scrattin Around' was an old Dixieland number which I used to rattle off in my wild youth... when I needed the money !!....Happy Days !.

But thanks for the resume...keep 'em coming !!...

A

ukcowboy 19-08-2010 20:50

Yonmon.................did you mean something like this?

YouTube - ORIGINAL DIXIELAND JAZZ BAND 1920
:):):)

yonmon 20-08-2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 838332)

Being overwhelmed by curiosity at your mention of this hitherto unheard of procedure being applied to 'Ilyas's Pitch ' SC...
I was stimulated to carry out some research into the subject...and came up with this fascinating photograph of a team of 'Trainee Scratters' involved in a work-experience scheme on a Soccer Field somewhere Oriental, just prior to being faced with the much more problematic work at 'The Crown ' !....in which so far they appear to have achieved little success !!..
http://photography.usandeep.com/anot...nd-workers.jpg

See you there !!.

VALAIRIAN 22-08-2010 08:42

Seemed to play better yesterday, I thought!! Still some issues on Cow Shed side.

yonmon 22-08-2010 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 839002)
Seemed to play better yesterday, I thought!! Still some issues on Cow Shed side.

Agree Val !....but nothing that a bit of 'scrattin' and some muck can't fix !...

Don't you think though that the Newcastle United players, accustomed to their Billiard-Table surface at St.James' Park will find the green pastures at the Crown, not only a bit of a cultural shock, but also a bit wearing on their legs ??..

So 'Ilyas's Pitch' might just turn out to be our 13 th Man !!..

lancsdave 22-08-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 839028)
Don't you think though that the Newcastle United players, accustomed to their Billiard-Table surface at St.James' Park will find the green pastures at the Crown, not only a bit of a cultural shock, but also a bit wearing on their legs ??..

I wouldn't be too confident about that. If Newcastle pay the same respects to lower league teams in the Carling Cup as other big teams do, then you will find they are more accustomed to pitches like this than St James park. It's where the reserves play thier games;

WEST ALLOTMENT CELTIC FC