Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

Pendle Red 06-08-2010 19:07

Re: Pitch

Well done to all involved in helping secure the Safety Certificate:)

ukcowboy 06-08-2010 20:14

Yes, well done to those who helped out, and thankyou!!

I remain somewhat miffed that yet again its left to the last minute and yet again they only made it with the goodwill of a bunch of fans...............tin pot as usual.

Negative?........possibly, truthful?.......Most definatley :(

Shots Steve 06-08-2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 834558)
I remain somewhat miffed that yet again its left to the last minute and yet again they only made it with the goodwill of a bunch of fans...............tin pot as usual.

As one who volunteers at our club, I feel almost the same.

Tin-pot, maybe, but would you have it any other way? Its why the clubs we support are in our blood, unlike the plastic premier league wanabees.

UP the Shots!

yonmon 06-08-2010 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 834558)
Yes, well done to those who helped out, and thankyou!!

Anxieties all allieviated....Thanks Lads !!

'ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !'

Chimer 06-08-2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 834565)
Anxieties all allieviated....Thanks Lads !!

'ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !'

I'm sure there'll be something else to worry about .... next week! :)

stanley convert 06-08-2010 20:51

Would just like to say thanks to Jase and the boys for giving me a lift with the seats today really was an eleventh hour job to get them in as they only arrived yesterday and they needed to be put together, yes it has been a mad week and not every thing has been finished because other jobs kept cropping up, ie new shower facilities in the refs room, safety gates to be finished, new safety barrier at the left hand side of the coppice end welded up and bolted down by the DON himself.I must admit it has been a sterling effort by everyone involved the lads doing the painting, Micky V (you know who you are) Bill and Fran (Adam is an ultra) Harry has cleaned every seat in the stadium and everyone else who has been involved whether the involvment has been big or small .I really think a big thanks should also go to Buzzer who has worked his socks off to get the pitch ready ( at one time i thought the grass was growing faster than he could cut it) I must say at times the last three months has been a real slog and it felt as though it would never end but thanks to a great team we have got there and tomorrow is the big day, it only seems like yesterday we were marching through Cheltenham with flags aloft and now its time for the stanley bandwagon to roll on yet again. ON STANLEY ON

Pendle Red 06-08-2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shots Steve (Post 834563)
As one who volunteers at our club, I feel almost the same.

Tin-pot, maybe, but would you have it any other way? Its why the clubs we support are in our blood, unlike the plastic premier league wanabees.

Pretty much spot on Steve:)

So long as it works both ways

yonmon 06-08-2010 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 834583)
Would just like to say thanks to Jase and the boys for giving me a lift with the seats today really was an eleventh hour job to get them in as they only arrived yesterday and they needed to be put together, yes it has been a mad week and not every thing has been finished because other jobs kept cropping up, ie new shower facilities in the refs room, safety gates to be finished, new safety barrier at the left hand side of the coppice end welded up and bolted down by the DON himself.I must admit it has been a sterling effort by everyone involved the lads doing the painting, Micky V (you know who you are) Bill and Fran (Adam is an ultra) Harry has cleaned every seat in the stadium and everyone else who has been involved whether the involvment has been big or small .I really think a big thanks should also go to Buzzer who has worked his socks off to get the pitch ready ( at one time i thought the grass was growing faster than he could cut it) I must say at times the last three months has been a real slog and it felt as though it would never end but thanks to a great team we have got there and tomorrow is the big day, it only seems like yesterday we were marching through Cheltenham with flags aloft and now its time for the stanley bandwagon to roll on yet again. ON STANLEY ON

I can only echo your gratitude SC, and although my 'fanship' of Accrington Stanley doesn't amount to taking part in the sort of efforts you report upon in your post, I am nevertheless proud to be associated with those who went the extra mile today !!.
With Fans like them...and a Team managed by JC and JB , how can we possibly fail ??.

'ON STANLEY ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'

cashman 06-08-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 834597)
I can only echo your gratitude SC, and although my 'fanship' of Accrington Stanley doesn't amount to taking part in the sort of efforts you report upon in your post, I am nevertheless proud to be associated with those who went the extra mile today !!.
With Fans like them...and a Team managed by JC and JB , how can we possibly fail ??.

'ON STANLEY ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'

echo everything yonmon says n probably only cos were owd gets n nearly knackered.:D

lancsdave 06-08-2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 834584)
Pretty much spot on Steve:)

So long as it works both ways

The first word I ever learned in German was einbahnstrasse. Ironic eh ? :D

Stanleymad 06-08-2010 21:50

Good job fan's who helped :) which ref have we got tommoz ? Ha ha ha. Had faith and got a ticket sorted. Cant wait :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Pendle Red 06-08-2010 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 834612)
The first word I ever learned in German was einbahnstrasse. Ironic eh ? :D

Could have been worse if it had been a sackgasse:eek:

lancsdave 06-08-2010 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 834613)
Good job fan's who helped :) which ref have we got tommoz ? Ha ha ha. Had faith and got a ticket sorted. Cant wait :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Referee is Jock Waugh from South Yorkshire. Looks like it's 1st time for a Stanley match

lancsdave 06-08-2010 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 834615)
Could have been worse if it had been a sackgasse:eek:

IN the present climate I would say thats more appropriate ;)

DaveinGermany 07-08-2010 10:41

But surely you're looking for "richtung Erfolg"

by the way Dave nice work, got the OSC card today. :) Thanks muchly.