Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

yonmon 17-08-2010 07:12

Re: Pitch

[quote=Redraine;834943]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 834930)
! People told me that there's been an awful lot of rain in Accy over the last 24 hours,quote]

Not that much, Stan. If it's bographggy after such a small amount of rain it makes you wonder how the new drains will ever cope with real downpours. I'm worried too, and have always thought that 70 grand would not be enough to get to the bottom of the historical problems.

Being somewhat surprised at seeing little or no information regarding 'Ilyas's Pitch' being released from official sources,( which having to have two demanding games played on it over the coming week, and the advanced weather reports of more rain to come, has rekindled my high-anxiety !)....
Apart that is from a brief allusion in our wonderful Lancashire Telegraph as to the change of venues for Reserve games ...Will someone in the know (nudge nudge....wink wink !), in an attempt to ease my worried mind, please post an accurate report on the current state of 'the hallowed turf '.

Also, sharing Redraines feelings, and hearing the many comments regarding extra financial support being given to ensure that 'Ilyas's Pitch' will reach an acceptable standard...I hope that this necessary funding has been seen and released as a vital investment by those holding the purse strings, and that JC will get the surface he would like to allow his Team to play his much-publicised 'passing-game'...He deserves this if nothing else !...

SO.... 'ON STANLEY !!...ON !!!'

Oldgrumbler 17-08-2010 16:53

I've heard that we are under an transfer embargo again, something about a player we had on loan a few years ago. I can't see this being right, maybe Dany can tell us this week

cashman 17-08-2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgrumbler (Post 837924)
I've heard that we are under an transfer embargo again, something about a player we had on loan a few years ago. I can't see this being right, maybe Dany can tell us this week

were ya hear that?:confused:

yonmon 17-08-2010 18:50

Quote:

Vairy interestink Grumbler !...but can you impart any details regarding the current state of 'Ilyas's Pitch' as requested in my last post ??...being sequestered in the depths of the Ribble Valley makes me reliant on good folks like yourself for such information....so can Grumbler or anyone pass on a word or two in this respect ??..PLEASE !

stanleyhouse 17-08-2010 18:50

On sky sports this afternoon that leam Richardson has signed for a year for us.
Great news - embargo over !!!!

yonmon 17-08-2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 837954)
On sky sports this afternoon that leam Richardson has signed for a year for us.
Great news - embargo over !!!!

SH !... I'm completely overwhelmed by this information about THE Embargo....but what about 'Ilyas's Pitch'...Has it been fettled yet ?....Has more finance been made available for the project ?..Does anyone know ?...Is anyone really interested ??...or must I have to wait for an Official proclamation ??...

lancsdave 18-08-2010 08:42

Quote:

maybe Dany can tell us this week

Maybe the Telegraph may be quicker ;)

cashman 18-08-2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 838028)

really in any transaction,theirs only the guy who paid the bill, n the guy who received the payment, can tell ya, n we know 1 of those is infamous fer porkies, same applies fer any further work needed, so to not put too fine a point on it, yer knackered fer finding out.:D

yonmon 18-08-2010 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 838028)

Tried that Dave...told the Man on the Sports desk that I was a Stanley Fan and could he tell me anything about the Pitch..he told me that this was a viscous Resin produced by plants and formed from Petroleum !,he was however
quite au-fait with Transfer Embargoes...so I hung up !.
I guess that all will be revealed on Saturday !!.

stanley convert 18-08-2010 11:08

I will reply to your question about the pitch yonmon. Contractors have been on it all week a new drain has been put in down in the corner near the water tank as it was flooding there with heavy rain,right up the cow shed sid has been gravel slitted every two or three feet from the wall out to about the edge of the 18 yard box and I must say that this morning it looked "better" but IMHO the only cure is a spell of dry weather to allow it to stablize and the grass to root and knit together properly.

yonmon 18-08-2010 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 838063)
I will reply to your question about the pitch yonmon. Contractors have been on it all week a new drain has been put in down in the corner near the water tank as it was flooding there with heavy rain,right up the cow shed sid has been gravel slitted every two or three feet from the wall out to about the edge of the 18 yard box and I must say that this morning it looked "better" but IMHO the only cure is a spell of dry weather to allow it to stablize and the grass to root and knit together properly.

Thanks for that resume SC...although your final paragraph would echo an air of non-confidence !!..
and who is 'Cow Shed Sid '...?. I bet he didn't take too kindly to being gravel-slitted every two or three feet !...
Seriously though thanks for taking the time to put me in the picture.

Fourth official 18-08-2010 12:15

As a lot of water seems to come of the houseing estate down to the Whinney Hill side,I thought they might have dug a deep trench ,the full length of the Whinney Hill side.Also, is there still a ditch behind the cow shed? if so ,is that deep enough?

Mr T 18-08-2010 12:28

The ditch is still there, however was dug in the late 70's/ early 80's to prevent water from Whinney Hill and the brick works entering the pitch.

How effective it is, given it was dug and filled with ash (from local businesses) around 30 years ago is a excellant point.

yonmon 18-08-2010 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 838071)
The ditch is still there, however was dug in the late 70's/ early 80's to prevent water from Whinney Hill and the brick works entering the pitch.

How effective it is, given it was dug and filled with ash (from local businesses) around 30 years ago is a excellant point.

The plot thickens yet again !... Could the aforementioned Ditch really be the cause of our shared concern for 'Ilyas's Pitch'...If so, why didn't the Surveyors/ Contractors define this as a hazard to be dealt with in the first place ?...Is there time and money left to rectify this problem if it is indeed the devil behind the waterlogging which many have identified as a prevailing problem ?.

...and I was just recovering from my last anxiety attack as well !!..

Perhaps 'Cow-shed Sid' has the answer ?..

ukcowboy 18-08-2010 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 838080)
The plot thickens yet again !... Could the aforementioned Ditch really be the cause of our shared concern for 'Ilyas's Pitch'...If so, why didn't the Surveyors/ Contractors define this as a hazard to be dealt with in the first place ?...Is there time and money left to rectify this problem if it is indeed the devil behind the waterlogging which many have identified as a prevailing problem ?.

...and I was just recovering from my last anxiety attack as well !!..

Perhaps 'Cow-shed Sid' has the answer ?..

Is this a new playmate for Alfred and Stanley I wonder? :p:D:p