Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 17:28   #46
God Member

Re: Exeter Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Great win. Linfield man of the match. Linesman towards coppice end absolute toss pot. Their goal was offside. Symes is not the answer.
Agreed.

Also, thought the Ultras made their feelings known in a tasteful manner and spurred the team on afterwards.

Last edited by shakermaker; 21-03-2009 at 17:31.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 17:53   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

tasteful manner, i call it stupid, yes they did spur the team on after, as normal, but its still the case that the 3 pts could have vanished in that 15 min spell of silence, is that so difficult to understand?
Old 21-03-2009, 17:56   #48
God Member

That's why they're not on the playing staff then, isn't it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 18:22   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Sounds like Symes got stuck in and really put himself about. Wasn't subbed any way.
To be honest he seems a good honest hard working sort of a player and 1 woeful effort that hit the corner flag aside had a pretty decent game. However he does appear to be lacking a little match fitness as he was really leggy and obviously blowing in the last 10. He seems to have a decent understanding with Linfield too but then I understand that they were at bournemouth together earlier on this season. Lets just hope there's more to come, and a few goals with it.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 18:25   #50
Senior Member+

I'm sorry but I disagree with people who think Paul Mullin is the answer, HE IS NOT! Symes for me played well and was intelligent with the ball, Lindfield played well and Miles took his goal well. Apart from 15 minutes during the silence from the Clayton end, Stanley were superb and played Exeter off the park. We always looked dangerous on the break and Chris Turner played really well on the left. I thought Jimmy Ryan could have been further forward than he appeared to be. Fair play to the boss for getting it right in bringing in Symes and the other 2. I feel we can be positive on Tuesday evening and actually beat Darlington for the first time since we got into the league.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 18:58   #51
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree with people who think Paul Mullin is the answer, HE IS NOT!.
I dont think paul mullin is tha answer.. if he was then we wouldnt be so low down the table.. you missed the point completely...sigh
Old 21-03-2009, 19:04   #52
Senior Member+

First we did the 10mintue of slience because we wanted a way to show the club how we feel! So we agreed to be silent and sit down for the first 10mins than after that stand up and make noise for the rest of the game. We did not sing anything about Mullin or about the board because that would of put more pressure on the attackers and the team, we just sat down and was quite. People call use childish but i have been to games this season where at the end of the game they have booed the team off or when we sing coleman football genius have started shouting at us saying things like "how is he a genius when we lost etc etc" so arnt we aloud to voice our opinion like we did today total silence. they voice thiers withe the booing and other things. When we sat down some fans said we should not do it and they need our backing as we was 1-0 down! If they did not agree why didn't they stand up and start singing we do not always have to be the first to start a song of they could of started a song off quite easily! proberly the same fans who booed the team off at some point this season now is that supporting the team! After that i thought what a great game. Miles was on fire, the back four played very well, Turner had another great game. Well done Lindfield on getting the goal was a well earnt goal and i hope thier is more to come now. Great 3points hope we can win again on Tuesday than Jimmy Ryan will off got what he said in paper 3 wins out of next 3 games. 2 down one to go

Roll on Tuesday!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 21-03-2009 at 19:06.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 19:14   #53
Full Member+

Tasteful manner! Imagine you’re a footballer and are greeted with a wall of silence from the very fans who’ve been like an extra player for you all season. Your first thoughts are “What the hell’s going on?” and by the time you’ve gone some way towards working it out, you’re a goal down. Then you think “Oh yes, I know, they’re protesting in a tasteful manner instead of supporting us. We do understand….. and isn’t it tasteful”

All I can say is thank goodness it didn’t last any longer. Well done to the Ultras for the rest of the game but, in my humble opinion, a big black mark for the beginning.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 19:26   #54
Senior Member+

no i disagree so if we sang one paul mullin for the first 10mintues would that off been better or whalley is all about money or whatever! to be honest why is it always the ultras have to sing they have to make the noise why couldn't you clap or sing a song! we clapped the players out but after that sat down! we was not going to do it any longer as it was very boring. So its our fault for the first goal because all the players were working out why it was silent! we voiced our opinion like many have said on the forum they pay we pay the money so we have a right to voice the opinion!

Old 21-03-2009, 19:39   #55

Well played ultras
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 19:55   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
First we did the 10mintue of slience because we wanted a way to show the club how we feel! So we agreed to be silent and sit down for the first 10mins than after that stand up and make noise for the rest of the game. We did not sing anything about Mullin or about the board because that would of put more pressure on the attackers and the team, we just sat down and was quite. People call use childish but i have been to games this season where at the end of the game they have booed the team off or when we sing coleman football genius have started shouting at us saying things like "how is he a genius when we lost etc etc" so arnt we aloud to voice our opinion like we did today total silence. they voice thiers withe the booing and other things. When we sat down some fans said we should not do it and they need our backing as we was 1-0 down! If they did not agree why didn't they stand up and start singing we do not always have to be the first to start a song of they could of started a song off quite easily! proberly the same fans who booed the team off at some point this season now is that supporting the team! After that i thought what a great game. Miles was on fire, the back four played very well, Turner had another great game. Well done Lindfield on getting the goal was a well earnt goal and i hope thier is more to come now. Great 3points hope we can win again on Tuesday than Jimmy Ryan will off got what he said in paper 3 wins out of next 3 games. 2 down one to go

Roll on Tuesday!!
Spot on MCR Absolutely no issues with your "Protest" thought it was spot on, did what you had to do then did what you do best and I thought you were louder than ever when you started.... I think some people have very short memories when it comes to some of the people at Stanley and what they have helped us to achieve. Great result in the end and overall very good performance against a team who play good football. Just make sure that on Tuesday night you do the business for 90 mins and let the lads do the rest

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:05   #57
K-P

Quote:
First we did the 10mintue of slience because we wanted a way to show the club how we feel! So we agreed to be silent and sit down for the first 10mins than after that stand up and make noise for the rest of the game. We did not sing anything about Mullin or about the board because that would of put more pressure on the attackers and the team, we just sat down and was quite. People call use childish but i have been to games this season where at the end of the game they have booed the team off or when we sing coleman football genius have started shouting at us saying things like "how is he a genius when we lost etc etc" so arnt we aloud to voice our opinion like we did today total silence. they voice thiers withe the booing and other things. When we sat down some fans said we should not do it and they need our backing as we was 1-0 down! If they did not agree why didn't they stand up and start singing we do not always have to be the first to start a song of they could of started a song off quite easily! proberly the same fans who booed the team off at some point this season now is that supporting the team!

best post you have ever made IMHO
Old 21-03-2009, 20:18   #58
Resting In Peace

Quote:
First we did the 10mintue of slience because we wanted a way to show the club how we feel!
When the Port Vale fans said that they were going to protest during the game at Stanley everybody on here said that it was stupid to protest during a game and that they should get behind the team and then protest after the game. So what do our lot of idiots do - they protest at the start of the game. It could have cost Stanley the game. What would they have done then. Probably blame the defeat on Mully going to Bradford. One person decides to have a sit down silent protest and all the sheep follow him. Disgraceful behaviour. I believe that Mully had a clause in his contract that if any other team enquired about him he had to be told. Mully was told and HE decided to go to Bradford. So why not go to Bradford and protest against Mully, why do it at FES and upset the players. Get behind the team and leave your childish behaviour until after the game.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:31   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
When the Port Vale fans said that they were going to protest during the game at Stanley everybody on here said that it was stupid to protest during a game and that they should get behind the team and then protest after the game. So what do our lot of idiots do - they protest at the start of the game. It could have cost Stanley the game. What would they have done then. Probably blame the defeat on Mully going to Bradford. One person decides to have a sit down silent protest and all the sheep follow him. Disgraceful behaviour. I believe that Mully had a clause in his contract that if any other team enquired about him he had to be told. Mully was told and HE decided to go to Bradford. So why not go to Bradford and protest against Mully, why do it at FES and upset the players. Get behind the team and leave your childish behaviour until after the game.
1. Did we have a big flag with Coleman out, Eric out, ASFC for sale no we did not! 2.Did we songs about the board and wanting them out no. We was just silent for 10 minutes. I still can not get why people are saying the Ultras were wrong in doing what they did, if they was why was you still silent or the rest of the fans that disagred are we the only ones that sing. No and i know for a fact we arnt becuase when we did start to sing the people who did not sit down joined in with the songs, why couldn't they sing while we were sat down and was quite.

Old 21-03-2009, 20:32   #60
K-P

The club could have said NO ..They could have kept hold of him in our hour of need.. they didn't

ten minutes silence from the ultras isn't going to lose a game.... blackburn would never win a game all season if that was the case

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..