Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2009, 13:53   #121
God Member

Re: Exeter Match

Regardless of whether you agree with their opinion on the Mullin saga or not, the Ultras wanted to make their feelings known and they did that well.
Most (if not all) similar groups of fans of other clubs would have protested angrily, which according to some absurd logic on here would have gifted us an 0-8 defeat against the Grecians.

I don't wish to support my team on a match day in exactly the same way as the Ultras do, but over the last few games (and especially away at Macclesfield) they have done the club nothing but good. I've heard two fans from recent opposition teams labelling our fans the best in the league because of the originality of the Stanley Ultras. It's not because of my breed who sit in the stands or stand to the sides of the Clayton End. It's because of the Ultras' ingenuity and massive ability to get everybody else (players, other fans, and even the management) fired up with things such as the drum or banners or even the Dale Cavese chant. Though I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the middle of the Clayton End when the DISCO starts up!
Their short, silent and effective protest did themselves and the lads in red proud. It was an over confidence of Stanley players resulting in inadequate defending that gave Exeter the goal, not a lack of support from the Ultras.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2009, 15:25   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
"Mullin wanted to go, Coleman didn't want him to go, the club wanted what was best, the deal was a good one for a player that wanted to go"

If this is what you were told, Jase, and if it is correct, then this ties in pretty much with the statement issued by the club. The object of your protest, therefore, really ought to be Paul Mullin. Does this mean that if and when he returns, all "Paul Mullin" chants will be silenced for a specified period of time?
Lots of Ultras/Singers wanted to sing Mullin songs on Saturday.... We didn't....

Will we again, mmmmm not sure. For me, if Mullin wanted to leave us in the middle of a relegation battle for a chance of Wembley then he's no longer in the class of Grimmy, Ashley, Jamo, Smith, Marsh etc

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 16:26   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its like owt willie, if thats the case, ya can't really blame a guy whos coming to the end of career fer wanting a chance he would never get wi stanley.
Old 23-03-2009, 16:27   #124
K-P

The club could ahve refused his request.. they didnt.. thats wrong IMHO as they should have kept hold until we knew we where safe.. Its a major thing thats happened.. people wanted to let the club know they where dissapointed with whats gone on.. 10 minutes silence... there are grounds with 80 minutes silence and the only noise is booing. So maybe be thankful for what you ahve got behind the goals because week after week they get plaudits from every team we play

Nothing wrong with what the ultras did and as far as I can see cashman is the biggest complainer and he wasnt even there and going by what people tell him... thats called sh1te stirring isn't it?

Its happened.,.. no one died.. Shove some fish and chips in it and move on... tuesday is almost upon us
Old 23-03-2009, 16:54   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
The club could ahve refused his request.. they didnt.. thats wrong IMHO as they should have kept hold until we knew we where safe.. Its a major thing thats happened.. people wanted to let the club know they where dissapointed with whats gone on.. 10 minutes silence... there are grounds with 80 minutes silence and the only noise is booing. So maybe be thankful for what you ahve got behind the goals because week after week they get plaudits from every team we play

Nothing wrong with what the ultras did and as far as I can see cashman is the biggest complainer and he wasnt even there and going by what people tell him... thats called sh1te stirring isn't it?

Its happened.,.. no one died.. Shove some fish and chips in it and move on... tuesday is almost upon us
cashman wasn't even where? if ya mean the game yer adding lying to yer repertoire, n if ya want sh stirring, i reckon your only gobbing like that to keep well in wi yer customers, get a life sad man.
Old 23-03-2009, 17:00   #126
Senior Member+

Watch Accrington Stanley's boss preview Darlington clash

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ingtonstanley/

Also

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._the_backside/

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 23-03-2009 at 17:02.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:00   #127
K-P

in an earlier post you say you where told coleman was looking around wondering what was going on.... i presumed that meant you where not there... if you where then apologies...

now tell me what customers i am keeping well in with ? as for get a life... hahaha
Old 23-03-2009, 17:10   #128
Senior Member+

Now what we did whether it was right or wrong

You would not get this with the Premier League managers.

i was there to watch this and it was really funny, just goes to show also what a good relationship the manager has with the fans

Old 23-03-2009, 17:10   #129
Senior Member+

I don't get all the vitriol...... Ultras Supporters Group had a protest about our leading goalscorer for years being loaned to a rival whilst in a relegation battle....

The folk from the cow shed all stayed away on Sat......

Blame them too

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-03-2009, 17:40   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
in an earlier post you say you where told coleman was looking around wondering what was going on.... i presumed that meant you where not there... if you where then apologies...

now tell me what customers i am keeping well in with ? as for get a life... hahaha
apology accepted, as fer customers just my opinion of who buys yer photos, as for the last of my statements, which you seem to have fully endorsed by the fact ya are unable to read properly at your age, yes i did say i was told, AT HALF TIME. if i put it in capitals ya may be able to read it better?
Old 23-03-2009, 17:43   #131
Senior Member+

Aint all this getting a bit childish now
Saying "Grow up," "Get a life" etc
Can we not get back to the orginal topic of the game and what happened

Old 23-03-2009, 17:49   #132
Senior Member+

50 years ago this would be sorted out by pistols at dawn

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-03-2009, 17:56   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
50 years ago this would be sorted out by pistols at dawn
Now its knifes and baseball bats.

Thats my video MCR, well posted

ACCY AGRO, ACCY AGRO

HELLO HELLO!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:57   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Now its knifes and baseball bats.

Thats my video MCR, well posted

ACCY AGRO, ACCY AGRO

HELLO HELLO!!!!

Your spelling young man is atrocious........

as a full back, you are learning

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-03-2009, 18:01   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Aint all this getting a bit childish now
Saying "Grow up," "Get a life" etc
Can we not get back to the orginal topic of the game and what happened
I am with you on this MCR ! Quite ironic really as you are probably the youngest person posting

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..