Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 20:44   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter Match

And you registered just to type that? Maybe that is the point of the internet.

As I said earlier, I didn't even realise that there'd been a 'protest' of any type, and I was stood on the Clayton End. Neither did any of the people around me, so maybe it wasn't as noticeable as many would like to believe?
Old 22-03-2009, 21:12   #92
Senior Member+

If it was not noticeable how come people on here are saying we were childish and we were to blame for the first goal. Plus it was deadly silence for 10mins!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:15   #93
Senior Member+

What also made me laugh was as i was sat down people to the left are shouting:

" Its a team game, not just one player "
" Cumon , support your team and stop acting like idiots"

You just feel like saying

" Right fair enough, go on , start making some noise then!" but they didnt. Its the Ultras that create the noise at Stanley games and as all of us did to get in the ground , they payed their money! So they and i can sit down and be quiet if we like.
Just because no noise was made for the first ten minutes doesnt mean its are fault that Exeter scored! How can you seriously say that!

We made a protest without banners, anti chants etc, not like other clubs who do protests, it was a very good idea and one that shouldnt offend anyone in the slightest!

This protest obviously worked as where all talking about it now and questions are asked!

Good work Ultras

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:21   #94
Senior Member+

like Wille Miller said

Fans can scribble what they want to cyber land.....

We took direct action, as a group, to show that the decision to let Paul go was wrong. We couldn't let such a decision go without doing anything. Otherwise, the club has carte blanche to do what it likes regardless of us.

As it was, the day turned out brill.......

I for one agree with that and i know other people on this forum agree with it aswell, it was nothing about one person does it all sheep followed, before the game we all knew, what we were doing and why and for how long and after that period be loud for 80mins. It's over with now we did it, was effective now we forget about it and Tuesday will be different.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:37   #95
God Member

plus its brought the ultras back onto accyweb one big happy family stanley staying up and ready for next season..watched the goals courtesy of redash cheers mick theyre the best goals ive seen at stanley for a while..i must have been a jinx
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:40   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
plus its brought the ultras back onto accyweb
Rangers are ****e

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:41   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As I said earlier, I didn't even realise that there'd been a 'protest' of any type, and I was stood on the Clayton End. Neither did any of the people around me, so maybe it wasn't as noticeable as many would like to believe?
Come off it mate!
The silence was eerie. Not a flag waved, not a single drumbeat or any chant or song. Not one player's song before kick-off - nothing doing at all. Don't tell me that's not noticeable!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:43   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Rangers are ****e
i know celtic are just as bad and whos that team that plays in black and white no no st,mirren
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 21:49   #99
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=MCR ADIM;695554]

We couldn't let such a decision go without doing anything. Otherwise, the club has carte blanche to do what it likes regardless of us.(unquote)
.................................................. .................................................. ...
Sorry to put a damper on your succesful protest but do you really think the club gives one i otta of what me or you or any fan thinks,i may be wrong and hope i am but thats football for you. we pay and they make the decisions wheath we like it or not.. well done by the way

Last edited by mab; 22-03-2009 at 21:53.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 22:00   #100
Resting in Peace

[quote=mab;695563]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post

We couldn't let such a decision go without doing anything. Otherwise, the club has carte blanche to do what it likes regardless of us.(unquote)
.................................................. .................................................. ...
Sorry to put a damper on your succesful protest but do you really think the club gives one i otta of what me or you or any fan thinks,i may be wrong and hope i am but thats football for you. we pay and they make the decisions wheath we like it or not.. well done by the way
Well they would b****y well sit up, take notice and act if the same protest was ever for the full 90 minutes!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 22:02   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
like Wille Miller said

Fans can scribble what they want to cyber land.....

We took direct action, as a group, to show that the decision to let Paul go was wrong. We couldn't let such a decision go without doing anything. Otherwise, the club has carte blanche to do what it likes regardless of us.

As it was, the day turned out brill.......

I for one agree with that and i know other people on this forum agree with it aswell, it was nothing about one person does it all sheep followed, before the game we all knew, what we were doing and why and for how long and after that period be loud for 80mins. It's over with now we did it, was effective now we forget about it and Tuesday will be different.
please explain to me how the decision was wrong, assuming it was a financial one, as i said before ive seen stanley die in 62 through financial mismanagement n its not very pleasant, that seems to go way oer yer heads.
Old 22-03-2009, 22:06   #102
Full Member+

Posted via Mobile Device
The question you should be asking is whether such a protest would have been appropriate if, for example, the club had allowed paul to retire from football. I know its a different scene but it would still be a question of the club agreeing to paul's request. I think a protest was inappropriate and could have been damaging to team morale. Luckily we 'support' a group of professionals with enough self-belief to know that the club is bigger than one man (or section of fans)
dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 22:13   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally i think Paul Mullen should be retained by stanley when he retires from playing,if finances allow. but thats another issue.
Old 22-03-2009, 22:54   #104
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Exeter City | Match | Report | 21 March 2009, Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Exeter
Old 22-03-2009, 23:03   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So, what went so horribly wrong? Credit where it's due. Accrington were stronger and, save the first 15 minutes, more purposeful. But City were sloppy, spineless and second best. copied from mabs link off exeter website, sorry willie miller if my question is too difficult?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..