Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 08:29   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter Match

Syme's debut wasn't perfect, but he was very positive in all his play. He added more mobility to our front line and he showed signs of being a decent player.

He tired towards the end, but that's to be expected when you consider the lack of irst team football he's had. If Coleman can impart some of his striker's knowledge on Symes, he could turn out ok for us.

Lindfield is also still learning his trade, but nobody can doubt his work rate or his commitment.
Old 22-03-2009, 08:48   #77
Senior Member+

Thanks Redraine and TM.

What you say tallies with the impression I got.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 09:35   #78

I didn't rate Symes but to say miles up front and grant on the wing is crazy IMHO. Grant is not a league footballer by a long way yet. I'd say play the same 11 as we did today.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 10:07   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
"I have a feeling that Lindfield and Symes are going to go on to work well together."
I'm glad Symes is only on a months loan he was useless I'd be surprised if he had a shot on target all he did was dive! Lindfield did well playing up front on his own would rather see Miles up front with him and Grant on the left
Don't know which game you were watching, give Symes a chance, he's only been here 2 minutes and you want to get rid already. Obviously no football knowledge when you read the majority of posts on this thread saying he had a decent game and held the ball up well, not always heading on to nobody, but chesting it down and looking who to pass it too. OK not the finished article by a long chalk but, he seemed to have a very good understanding of Lindfield and others.

BTW troops, one bit of good news from yesterday, it has come to my attention that Accy have won a vote from all other League 2 clubs on best food at a football ground! Well done the caterers

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 11:24   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Agreed.

Also, thought the Ultras made their feelings known in a tasteful manner and spurred the team on afterwards.
So what was the protest about? Some thought it was about PM (It was he who wanted to go to Bradford, not the management) and some thought it was because of the impending seats in the Clayton End. If people are going to have a protest, it's a good idea to inform the club and other people why!
Old 22-03-2009, 16:04   #81
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
First we did the 10mintue of slience because we wanted a way to show the club how we feel! So we agreed to be silent and sit down for the first 10mins than after that stand up and make noise for the rest of the game.
Remember your post in another thread ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
If Paul Mullin did not want to go on loan to bradford he would of said no. No club can force a player to go somewhere they do not want to go! Now unless anyone has spoken to Paul in the last 5 hours than we will just have to take the club's word for it! Whether people belive it or not! Tomorrow we are playing without him and we should get behind ever stanley player tomorrow. Paul Mullin is a Stanley legend and always will be but for that 90mins tomorrow, back every stanley player sing the players song's, song's about the club and the managerment. Win, Lose or draw Stanley will still be football league next year. Whether Mullin will be apart of that is something we will just have to wait to see. But if we lose tomorrow it's nor the club's fault or Mullins fault. That fact that they are 6th and we are 19th may have something to do with it! Everything will be good, we had to play without Mullin someday and this has come sooner than some would of liked!
What or who made you change your mind ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 16:40   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Remember your post in another thread ?

What or who made you change your mind ?

Baa................................SHEEP Jeff, sheep!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 16:56   #83
Junior Member+

Just a thought, has anyone had any feedback from the players about what effect the silent protest had on them for the first 10 minutes of the game. Maybe it was just a coincidence theey went 1-0 down in that time, certainly the singing had a positive effect for the rest of the game.
redgps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 17:54   #84
Senior Member+

scribble what ya like into cyber space..... its done & it achieved what we wanted to achieve....

how mant non-sheep have booked on to rotherham?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 18:25   #85

protest outside the broad room before the game no in the ground then after the game sack the board something like that would do
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 19:02   #86

Angry Re: Exeter Match

What a load of tosh this forum is full of! A group of fans felt aggrieved and rightly so - felt that they made their aggreivance made and Stanley d*cked a top 6 side!! Everyones a winner!!!

WHAT ARE YOU LOT ON?? I know what you should be on - ANTI CHUFFIN DEPRESSANTS

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 19:22   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
What a load of tosh this forum is full of! A group of fans felt aggrieved and rightly so - felt that they made their aggreivance made and Stanley d*cked a top 6 side!! Everyones a winner!!!

WHAT ARE YOU LOT ON?? I know what you should be on - ANTI CHUFFIN DEPRESSANTS

Jimbo T blower

With you all the way on that one Jimbo

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 19:45   #88
God Member

the Ultra's are responsible for the noise made at all Stanley matches, if they want to withdraw that noise in protest at something then that is their business. I don't find it childish, puerile or insulting - it's 1000% better than the protests made by other clubs (a la Port Vale) where they chant throughout the games.

They could have continued the protest for longer than ten minutes but didn't - and I suspect probably gave extra gusto for the remaining 80 minutes. Good work seated, quiet chaps.
Old 22-03-2009, 19:49   #89
Senior Member+

I did get behind every stanley player. But i thought it was right aswell to let the club know how we felt about letting him go and that they can not do it and let it go un notice and just think the fans will be ok about it. For the first 10mins the whole clayton end was silent so you must not of been getting behind them whether you stood up or sat down. I felt it was wrong to let him go and thought what we did as a group was, quick, quite and effective as both JC and JB looked round in the first 10mins than after the game some of the staff came and asked what it was about. But thats it done and over with. We should not be talking about this anyway, should be talking about beating a top 6 side, every player put in 110% effort.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 20:38   #90

can i just ask what would you all of been saying if the ultras didnt sit down but just stayed silent would anyone else of cheered the team on or tried to create an atmosphere. All i can say is at least they made there point briefly and the went about what everyone thinks is the ultras duty to sing not try make there point to the internet.
tommiasfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..