Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 20:35   #61
God Member

Re: Exeter Match

I'm glad you brought the Port Vale protest up Jeff. Their protest was angry, bitter and clearly demoralising for the players on the pitch. In fact their only chant of the entire game was of angry protest. The Ultras however had no massive banners with angry slogans or equally idiotic chants. Their protest was short, silent, and effective. They went on to do the club proud with constant noise for 80 mins. It was the best possible way to make their feelings known. I find the criticism of the Ultras display today (or lack of one) completely nonsensical.

Well done to all of you.

Last edited by shakermaker; 21-03-2009 at 20:38.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 20:37   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
ten minutes silence from the ultras isn't going to lose a game.... blackburn would never win a game all season if that was the case
Nice one
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:38   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
When the Port Vale fans said that they were going to protest during the game at Stanley everybody on here said that it was stupid to protest during a game and that they should get behind the team and then protest after the game. So what do our lot of idiots do - they protest at the start of the game. It could have cost Stanley the game. What would they have done then. Probably blame the defeat on Mully going to Bradford. One person decides to have a sit down silent protest and all the sheep follow him. Disgraceful behaviour. I believe that Mully had a clause in his contract that if any other team enquired about him he had to be told. Mully was told and HE decided to go to Bradford. So why not go to Bradford and protest against Mully, why do it at FES and upset the players. Get behind the team and leave your childish behaviour until after the game.
Well I have no problem with the SILENT protest, as it's not as if they were chanting, effing and blinding about whoever they feel to be letting them down. Surely it was a lesson for us all that vocal support is truly worth a 12th man, so why don't the (mostly) silent majority make more of an effort to get behind the team regularly and add to the Ultra's noise? How the team would prosper with a bit more vocal backing from all areas of the home support.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:39   #64
Senior Member+

I didn't even notice any silence to be honest. I just assumed that the Matchday Club had been cancelled this week.
Old 21-03-2009, 20:42   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
He seems to have a decent understanding with Linfield too but then I understand that they were at bournemouth together earlier on this season. Lets just hope there's more to come, and a few goals with it.
Interesting you said that. I have a feeling that Lindfield and Symes are going to go on to work well together.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:44   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Well I have no problem with the SILENT protest, as it's not as if they were chanting, effing and blinding about whoever they feel to be letting them down. Surely it was a lesson for us all that vocal support is truly worth a 12th man, so why don't the (mostly) silent majority make more of an effort to get behind the team regularly and add to the Ultra's noise? How the team would prosper with a bit more vocal backing from all areas of the home support.
Yes. We take few enough away but even there, out of say 70, only about 20 - 30 of us appear to make any noise between goals

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 21-03-2009 at 20:46.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:53   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I didn't even notice any silence to be honest. I just assumed that the Matchday Club had been cancelled this week.

Meeow ..............Saucer of milk for this Man please waiter

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:54   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
1. Did we have a big flag with Coleman out, Eric out, ASFC for sale no we did not! 2.Did we songs about the board and wanting them out no. We was just silent for 10 minutes. I still can not get why people are saying the Ultras were wrong in doing what they did, if they was why was you still silent or the rest of the fans that disagred are we the only ones that sing. No and i know for a fact we arnt becuase when we did start to sing the people who did not sit down joined in with the songs, why couldn't they sing while we were sat down and was quite.
Nowt wrong with what you did

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 20:56   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Meeow ..............Saucer of milk for this Man please waiter
Would hate to see 90 mins without our noise.........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 21:04   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm glad you brought the Port Vale protest up Jeff. Their protest was angry, bitter and clearly demoralising for the players on the pitch. In fact their only chant of the entire game was of angry protest. The Ultras however had no massive banners with angry slogans or equally idiotic chants. Their protest was short, silent, and effective. They went on to do the club proud with constant noise for 80 mins. It was the best possible way to make their feelings known. I find the criticism of the Ultras display today (or lack of one) completely nonsensical.

Well done to all of you.
Yet another very good post today Shaker You are almost as "On Fire" as Milsey

Old 21-03-2009, 21:05   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

So would I

Old 21-03-2009, 23:49   #72
Senior Member+

Class Match
Class Atmosphere
Class Performance
Class Protest
Class Beer
Class Weather
Class Pie
Class result!

Class day all being honest!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 05:18   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Unimaginable.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 06:44   #74

"I have a feeling that Lindfield and Symes are going to go on to work well together."
I'm glad Symes is only on a months loan he was useless I'd be surprised if he had a shot on target all he did was dive! Lindfield did well playing up front on his own would rather see Miles up front with him and Grant on the left
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 08:18   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
"I have a feeling that Lindfield and Symes are going to go on to work well together."
I'm glad Symes is only on a months loan he was useless I'd be surprised if he had a shot on target all he did was dive! Lindfield did well playing up front on his own would rather see Miles up front with him and Grant on the left
Very, very harsh. How can you expect the guy to star 2 days after arriving in the squad? I for one thought he helped give our attack a much more threatening and pacy look than of late. I think we can "do" Darlo on Tuesday, which would be sweet after our horrible performance at their place.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..