Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 23:33   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
The question you should be asking is whether such a protest would have been appropriate if, for example, the club had allowed paul to retire from football. I know its a different scene but it would still be a question of the club agreeing to paul's request. I think a protest was inappropriate and could have been damaging to team morale. Luckily we 'support' a group of professionals with enough self-belief to know that the club is bigger than one man (or section of fans)
If he had retired at the end of the season or when his contract runs out. It would proberly be as gutting as it was when the news came he went on loan but we would not be in a battle at the bottom, even though we played well on saturday and won against a top 6 side which is brilliant and it looks like we will survie, its still possible to go down. Coley and Jimmy would have all summer to find a new player, or maybe a couple of new players due to having more to spend on wages. Out of 1,169 thats was watching the game on saturday, how can 50 or so people who chose out of own choice to sit down for 10mins damage team morale, are the other 900 or so fans unable to make noise e.g clap, sing, encourage the team on for 10mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
please explain to me how the decision was wrong, assuming it was a financial one, as i said before ive seen stanley die in 62 through financial mismanagement n its not very pleasant, that seems to go way oer yer heads.
Due to being born 28years after Stantley died in 62 i do not know what it was like them folding, I can only think it must of been very hard and upsetting and you must be very happy to see them back in the league and i can see your point that you do not want them to die again due to financial mismanagement, but if it was for the club to save/make abit of money as so many of posts on here seem to say, than why didn't the club come out and say that instead of saying what they did say. Didn't alot of people think the decision was wrong to let him go on loan when we are not safe yet. But like i said before i think we are not giving the team enough praise for beating a top 6 team when most people thought we had no chance now Mullin had gone.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 22-03-2009 at 23:35.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2009, 23:46   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i don't know that is the reason mcr admin, but it seems to be the general consensus of opinion no-one really knows only the powers that be, i can agree the club should have come out with the full story, no question, but i cannot agree with the silence, i was told at half time that J.C. was stood at the time asking what the hell was going on, if that is true it don't take "Einstein"to think, that must transmit to the players, thank you fer responding, "Willie Miller" didn't seem to have the balls.
Old 23-03-2009, 06:36   #108

What did we do before the Ultras.

Suprise we won at all.

The Crown used to be like a morgue.

Does anybody detect a hint of sarcasm!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 07:28   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i don't know that is the reason mcr admin, but it seems to be the general consensus of opinion no-one really knows only the powers that be, i can agree the club should have come out with the full story, no question, but i cannot agree with the silence, i was told at half time that J.C. was stood at the time asking what the hell was going on, if that is true it don't take "Einstein"to think, that must transmit to the players, thank you fer responding, "Willie Miller" didn't seem to have the balls.
I asked the powers that be on Saturday, both Rob & David O'Neill.....

I had enough balls to do that so replying to a post from someone I have never met is quite easy!

Mullin wanted to go, Coleman didn't want him to go, the club wanted what was best, the deal was a good one for a player that wanted to go

I, still think he should have stayed as Mullin said he wouldn't sulk if he wasn't allowed........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 08:10   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thought that would get a response. ta willie, ya still aint answered "Why" ya think its wrong if it is financial, which from their answer to you, seems to be the knub of the issue. fer me it re-enforces what i thought, they were right to do so. ok he was mr stanley n nobody more so, but at the end of the day its survival before sentiment.
Old 23-03-2009, 08:49   #111
Senior Member+

Just another question of the protest, was the hanging of the banners upside down part of same protest?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 09:42   #112
Senior Member+

Yes

Old 23-03-2009, 10:24   #113
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
scribble what ya like into cyber space..... its done & it achieved what we wanted to achieve....
What exactly did it achieve ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 10:59   #114
Full Member+

"Mullin wanted to go, Coleman didn't want him to go, the club wanted what was best, the deal was a good one for a player that wanted to go"

If this is what you were told, Jase, and if it is correct, then this ties in pretty much with the statement issued by the club. The object of your protest, therefore, really ought to be Paul Mullin. Does this mean that if and when he returns, all "Paul Mullin" chants will be silenced for a specified period of time?
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 12:32   #115
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
"Mullin wanted to go, Coleman didn't want him to go, the club wanted what was best, the deal was a good one for a player that wanted to go"

If this is what you were told, Jase, and if it is correct, then this ties in pretty much with the statement issued by the club. The object of your protest, therefore, really ought to be Paul Mullin. Does this mean that if and when he returns, all "Paul Mullin" chants will be silenced for a specified period of time?
Well said.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 12:35   #116
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
If he had retired at the end of the season or when his contract runs out. It would proberly be as gutting as it was when the news came he went on loan but we would not be in a battle at the bottom, even though we played well on saturday and won against a top 6 side which is brilliant and it looks like we will survie, its still possible to go down.
We could not possibly have been in a better position if mullin had played yesterday, so yes its still possible but that has not yet been affected by mullins departure
Old 23-03-2009, 12:39   #117
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Out of 1,169 thats was watching the game on saturday, how can 50 or so people who chose out of own choice to sit down for 10mins damage team morale, are the other 900 or so fans unable to make noise e.g clap, sing, encourage the team on for 10mins
A valid point about the 900 or so but its a fact that the 50 or so people have and will continue to get behind and inspire the team. You know you are the twelth man and you and other posts by the ultras show that you are aware of how valuable you are to the team. (he non participation of the remaining crowd in singing etc is a crying shame but that is a separate issue.)

Knowing how much of a lift you give to the team and considering your self awareness of your influence (often celebrated by your members) you should have known better
Old 23-03-2009, 12:58   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
What exactly did it achieve ?
It meant Accyweb could have a moan, I mean its silent on here after a win

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 13:19   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
A valid point about the 900 or so but its a fact that the 50 or so people have and will continue to get behind and inspire the team. You know you are the twelth man and you and other posts by the ultras show that you are aware of how valuable you are to the team. (he non participation of the remaining crowd in singing etc is a crying shame but that is a separate issue.)

Knowing how much of a lift you give to the team and considering your self awareness of your influence (often celebrated by your members) you should have known better
agree dabeast, the ultras give a great boost to the team, what should be realised though is the owd gits that don't sing etc, have done this n got the t-shirt, when younger, most now n i include meself could not continuously sing at games if they wanted too, its called "AGE" summat the ultras will realise when they attain it. one or two seem to think they are special, at least thats how i see it, well the truth is they are not, young fans do a sterling job at every ground in the country, fair do's fer such small gates, they do a better job than many others, end of the day they are just fans, n the guy who only claps n shouts occasionally is just as valuable to any club as these people. bottom line here is simple, all fans want there club to do well.
Old 23-03-2009, 13:21   #120
Senior Member+

These wins are deserved, says Stanley boss Coleman (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..