Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 14:35   #16
God Member

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Am sure the 30th will not mind and extra x amount of people! If we bring the Coley-oke along with us!

have it on the pitch! does not go dark till about 8.30 and we have lights if he does!
Can't have it on the pitch even if we wanted to... the clubs licence does not cover the whole ground as we nearly had an event that used the whole ground and we would have had to pay a few thousand extra for the special licence

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2009, 15:34   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
At the end of the day, the supporters club booked the room first so should not have to move just because the club cocked up by double booking. The club should be contacting the people who have booked the 30th birthday party to tell them of their mistake & try to relocate them.
What a joke, to me accymad has the only solution above.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 16:26   #18
God Member

DISGUSTED Lesley. You should stand firm and let the club take the rap off the birthday party. Every season the Presentation night is booked when the fixtures come out and the club should automatically KNOW the night is booked.

As an aside they did this to us two years ago if you remember right, and we ended up having it a fortnight after the end of season. It was not a flop but .......

tell em to relocate the 30th or they can @$%^ off
Old 21-04-2009, 16:27   #19
Resting in Peace

I don't believe this one, seems to me the club don't half like shafting the fans although K-P said he only though 10 seconds before posting, well K-P I think you had it right first time, room for a free or room for no fee, no contest really is it in the overall scheme of things, money talks
Old 21-04-2009, 16:47   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you had it right first time, room for a free or room for no fee, no contest really is it in the overall scheme of things, money talks
Depends how many are going to the 30th. Room hire is only around the £40/£50 mark and depends how many people turn up and spend money behind the bar. I suspect the end of season presenatation do generates some dosh behind that bar. Of course the club are trying to have the cake and biscuit by moving it to the Crown , and no doubt the supporters will go along with it because thats what football supporters are like, loyalty to the club. Was only talking to Cahy today and saying when it comes to customer relations football fans can be treated badly and they will still ramin loyal, wouldn't happen in any other business.

Hope the OSC get it sorted.
Old 21-04-2009, 16:49   #21
K-P

dave.. yer not suggesting this was a long term plan by the club are you.. knowing they could get two full houses on the same night.. ...thats an outrageous suggestion !
Old 21-04-2009, 16:51   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
dave.. yer not suggesting this was a long term plan by the club are you.. knowing they could get two full houses on the same night.. ...thats an outrageous suggestion !

Honestly didn't think of that one
Old 21-04-2009, 16:56   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i don't its a professional football club run by RANK AMATEURS. that simple.
Old 21-04-2009, 17:03   #24
God Member

top and bottom of it is that the date went in the diary in June and would have remained there until now.

At some point a call has been received and whoever checks the diary will have asked the powers that be who will have said 'sod the Supporters Club'.

If you have to move it then cancel the thing entirely and mothball the Supporters Club until attitudes or personnel change.

IMHO
Old 21-04-2009, 17:23   #25
God Member

Grrrrrr I have just spoken to Stanleymad on the phone and she has done a massive promotion drive aswell as me doing so too and its just not on.... and tbh I don't think the 30th would be right happy if people are gate crashing thinking its the end of season do and they spend half the night telling them it is elsewhere!!!

I def think the 30th although I have every sympathy for them should be relocated

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 21-04-2009, 17:27   #26
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I def think the 30th although I have every sympathy for them should be relocated
I think burtons window will be full if that happens
Old 21-04-2009, 17:28   #27
God Member

Quote:
I think burtons window will be full if that happens

Hmmm my coddled brain just isn't computing that...please explain

Old 21-04-2009, 17:31   #28
God Member

What happens to anybody who was going to be bringing their children along, licensing laws I would have thought are different from a private function facility to a Pub?

Also can you charge people to come into a pub?
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:33   #29
God Member

Means Tony will show one cheek in each window if it happens

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:33   #30
K-P

good points pendle..

HR ...have you never heard the saying.. if you think something has no chance of happening.... "If that happens - I will show my bare a*** in Burtons Window"

I would think a lot of people would be thinking its not gonna happen..

Aaaw come on.. its not an uncommon phrase

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..