Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 17:34   #31
K-P

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Means Tony will show one cheek in each window if it happens
never mentioned me...just in case
Old 21-04-2009, 17:40   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
good points pendle..

HR ...have you never heard the saying.. if you think something has no chance of happening.... "If that happens - I will show my bare a*** in Burtons Window"

I would think a lot of people would be thinking its not gonna happen..

Aaaw come on.. its not an uncommon phrase
Sorry I should have got that easily but in my defence my head is pretty mashed at mo!!!

Have to agree Pendle red raises some excellent points. I had thought about the charging but not the children situation!

I must point out the club have offered to pay for the DJ as compensation but this is about putting money into the club not taking it out!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:40   #33
God Member

The other thing is this is the one night a year that everybody can come together, staff, players and fans as one and celebrate what is bigger than all of us but what brings us all together.................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!!

It should be one of the highpoints of the season
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:44   #34
God Member

Well maybe it is going to take a load of people to contact the club and tell them so...

I am trying...honest!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:56   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
dave.. yer not suggesting this was a long term plan by the club are you.. knowing they could get two full houses on the same night.. ...thats an outrageous suggestion !
Well I think it was and I'm currently preparing an e-mail for the local rags and Whalley and Heys, BLOODY TINPOT.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:28   #36
God Member

Still havent calmed down yet!!! Its pathetic that the club cannot keep track of its own blumming diary, after i have been witness to many attempts by HR to make sure the date was kept clear & the reassurance given to her regarding any concerns to make sure that this wouldnt happen! The OSC as a unit go to lengths to make sure this particular nite is a success as has many a time, to least try to put money back to the club. I think we have been kyboshed as habit this season but my own opinion even after an hr contemplation.

Just done a big net publicity stunt ensuring the word is spread & a want of a good nite by all..........................& then a very unproffessional stunt like this is pulled i hope the person responsible for booking the event should be brought to book immediately! At a time where we cant afford to lose fans & income! Fuming!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:32   #37
Senior Member+

Why didnt the member of staff who picked up the phone to the person who was organising the 30th check the diary and what would of been happening on that date? Its a football club , did they not realise this is the last home game of the season and there would be always fans in the clubhouse and obviously a supporters club event!

The people who are attending the 30th are probably not even all stanley fans! But the club would rather let down the current fans who attend the clubs games then people who dont! This is going to turn alot of heads and doubt the club alot which will then inturn put them off season tickets etc!
The club should now, if they had the bollocks , ring the people who organised the 30th and tell them that sorry they have double booked a big event however they will pay for the buffet , dj etc in compensation and will try and will try their very best to locate them somewhere else asap.

Disgusting tbh! Its not as if the supporters club quickly booked this event , its been booked for ages!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 21-04-2009 at 18:39.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:34   #38
Senior Member+

Double Post , Please Delete.

Old 21-04-2009, 18:36   #39
God Member

WE SHALL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED, WE SHALL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED ..... to the crown or anywhere else or another nite, time etc ..... the OSC's PRESENTATION NITE WILL NOT BE MOVED COS OF A CLUB FLUFF UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my protest song - to add to the many this past few months

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:38   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
The other thing is this is the one night a year that everybody can come together, staff, players and fans as one and celebrate what is bigger than all of us but what brings us all together.................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!!

It should be one of the highpoints of the season
I for one agree with that a chance to talk to the players about the season and have a laugh! Bringing everyone together as a club for one night of the year!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 21-04-2009 at 18:40.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:41   #41
Senior Member+

Actually, got another plan. We delete this thread, harwood red pretends she didnt have the convo. And both sets of parties turn up on the same date and time and see what happens! and what the club has to say about it!

Old 21-04-2009, 18:44   #42
God Member

Smile Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Actually, got another plan. We delete this thread, harwood red pretends she didnt have the convo. And both sets of parties turn up on the same date and time and see what happens! and what the club has to say about it!
Might be worth a try So first thing to do is contact a Mod !!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:47   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post

As funny as it sounds ( and I did laugh at the prospect of it ) HR has too much respect to delibarately spoil somebody's birthday do. Maybe a better idea would be for everyone to have a whip round and let her run the club
Old 21-04-2009, 19:02   #44

This is shambolic, no way to run a business.

Me and the stag do guys are 110% behind you at the OSC, and was planning to watch the next premiership match in the clubhouse, obviously we need to find somewhere else now. And we drink and spend a hell of a lot. The club's loss.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 19:04   #45

Sorry to hear of all this Harwood Red its a complete shambles but not a surprise really, it must seem like a kick in the teeth for you loyal supporters.

Glad I wasn't the one who was having my function cancelled I would be banging a few doors down

Hope you get it all sorted one way or another.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..