Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2009, 09:23   #121
God Member

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

So pleased for all concearned that this has been resolved.I hope it is a wonderful night for all that attend. I'm raising my can to you Lesley AND Rob Heys as I type.
Cheers.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2009, 10:16   #122
Resting in Peace

I'm really pleased its sorted out, its only what you supporters deserve, maybe, just maybe the club have realised that before irreparable damage was done. Could I be so bold as to ask a question, when will K-P be doing his performance in Burtons Window
Old 23-04-2009, 11:09   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
just quick reply to Cashman I was not kissing arse as you put it but I was aware that Rob and everyone the club was trying hard to sort it all out. I only know this because i popped in to see if i could help with the seats. as it happens I will be there from 5ish tonight perhaps some of the accywebbers could also pop along just to show no hard feelings?

just a thought!!! see you all in the bar sat night!!!!!!

loweiy
I would've come along tonight to show no hard feelings, but working till 7pm and then have a do to finish organising

But think it is a great idea for anyone who can get to the club and help if they can as Loweiy said to show no hard feelings... then we can party on saturday night knowing we have our do and that we are still in the league

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 11:17   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
just quick reply to Cashman I was not kissing arse as you put it but I was aware that Rob and everyone the club was trying hard to sort it all out. I only know this because i popped in to see if i could help with the seats. as it happens I will be there from 5ish tonight perhaps some of the accywebbers could also pop along just to show no hard feelings?

just a thought!!! see you all in the bar sat night!!!!!!

loweiy
if there was hard feelings loweiy. i wouldn't have held me hand up.
Old 23-04-2009, 13:29   #125
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm really pleased its sorted out, its only what you supporters deserve, maybe, just maybe the club have realised that before irreparable damage was done. Could I be so bold as to ask a question, when will K-P be doing his performance in Burtons Window
read the thread properly jaysay
Old 23-04-2009, 14:02   #126
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If they where bothered about the fans the call HR got wouldn't have happened. What made them change their minds, the way fans reacted? local papers sniffing for a story? Eric feeling sorry for us? No I believe it was MONEY, they stood to lose £££s, nothing else caused this change of heart, what has happened should not be forgotten because I have no doubt something similar will happen again.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 16:19   #127
God Member

ASFC would be buggered if not for Rob Heys! He shouldn't have to take responsibility for things like this, but continually does and more often than not sorts out the whole mess.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 16:43   #128
Senior Member+

Great News . Wooooo

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 17:11   #129
Senior Member+

Glad it's all come good for your do! Well done to the OSC and Rob, I would still be asking some searching questions at your next meeting though, this kind of ineptitude does the Club's already tattered reputation no favours.
Old 23-04-2009, 19:22   #130
Senior Member+

What would make it even more of a good night would be if Celtic Cross were playing as a suprise

Ohhh i can always dream

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 19:51   #131
God Member

I am glad this has been sorted out, already know that harwood red is a real nice person, sounds like rob may be ok too, hope to see both tomorrow.
Old 24-04-2009, 20:03   #132
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
sounds like rob may be ok too
As I said earlier it had nothing to do with anyone being a nice person it was plain and simply about cash. I know one person who contacted the club to cancel their booking over this episode, there might have been others. The Telegraph had also picked up on this story and were snooping about, it would not have been good publicity would it?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..