Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 19:14   #46
God Member

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
This is shambolic, no way to run a business.

Me and the stag do guys are 110% behind you at the OSC, and was planning to watch the next premiership match in the clubhouse, obviously we need to find somewhere else now. And we drink and spend a hell of a lot. The club's loss.
Your still having your stag do there aren't you Mr. Matthew ?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2009, 19:23   #47
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear about yet another clanger dropped by the Club, can't even offer you guys the cricket club as it's our pre season bash.
If I was you Lesley I wouldn't take no for an answer, tell them to sort out the mess as it's their doing and as has been suggested, tell them if it isn't sorted to yours and the OSC's satisfaction you will knock it on the head . They are cocking up left right and centre at the moment, the threat of no supporter's club might just make them sense!
A painful and expensive lesson to learn the hard way Mr W !
Old 21-04-2009, 19:27   #48
God Member

Cheers lindsay i fully agree with what u say, definately doing a good job of upsetting the very people that support the club & put money into it week in week out, not boding well at all, imho i wish the takeover would happen soon & then business can be sorted out properly.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 19:27   #49
God Member

If the club are seriously suggesting that our own fans are shafted to a less suitable venue, then I would suggest COMPLETE dissolution of the OSC's link with the club.

This is the latest in a very long line of showings of disrespect from the club towards the OSC.

The club does not deserve the benefits reaped from the amount of hard work that people such as Leslie, Mel, Rob and so many others have put in.

The club must not allow the relationship with the fans to be compromised any further, and most definitely make other arrangements for the 30th birthday party.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 19:32   #50
Senior Member+

I think we all know where the club's priorities lie and clear communication, honesty and respect aren't exactly high on the agenda; if my cricket club treated me like this I would tell them to stuff their membership and go elsewhere. I really feel for the guys who do all the work for the OSC, a thankless task at best but this is the final straw surely?
Vote with your feet if the Club don't sort it out for you, you really do deserve better.
Old 21-04-2009, 19:42   #51
God Member

Its so heart-warming to receive such positive & supportive comments for the osc & the event Hopefully we'll see what we can do, i await & hope the club comes up with a better solution soon preferably asap or tommorow with immediate effect!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 21-04-2009, 19:54   #52
God Member

Not long been in from work and just had tea and come back on and have to echo stanleymads sentiments and say a big thank you for all your kind comments and support.

I have spent the last 36 hours going from feeling completely sick, to angry to disappointment and the overall feeling of letting people down on an event that I know is enjoyed by so many TRUE stanley fans and many of their friends who come along too.

And it has been known in the past that we have made new supporters out of people from this event due to the welcome that we give new faces aswell as seeing many fans together having a damn good night

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 20:07   #53
Senior Member+

Stickied this for you !
Old 21-04-2009, 20:07   #54
God Member

To re-itterate its not u, our chairwoman nor is it the fault of the osc or anyone bar the club & the staff responsible, many people here do realise how much this event means to the osc as organisers so no way are u accountable HR, sincerely.

One night for a pee up in a clubhouse for all fans, friends, players & families, manangement duo, back room staff, directors & staff alike to celebrate all things red & white & yet the club couldnt even book the date properly without hiccup nevermind host a pee up in a clubhouse!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 21-04-2009, 20:13   #55
God Member

I suggest that you ask to have a look at the 'diary' Lesley, in order to ascertain how exactly they have managed to double book.

Either it wasn't in the book (and somebody has lied three times in saying it is) or someone has deliberately screwed us.
Old 21-04-2009, 20:21   #56

Yes I am Valarian.

I'd turn up for the night do anyway. You have a verbal contracrt and they shouldn't be able to back out of it. Stand firm. "We shall not, we shall not be moved."
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 20:56   #57
God Member

I am truly gutted for all concerned with organising this annual event, and echo all the sentiments allready stated. The Club, has for a long time now done its upmost to alienate the OSC ( unless they are taking the cash of us of course!)and undermine all it stands for. OK so its not a huge SC, but it is a valuable rescourse and often the first point of contact to visitors to this site etc. Lets be honest, it would be missed without doubt..........granted I am not personally as active as I have been in the past, but do and will continue to support Lesley,Mel etc in all thier endevours.

With regards to the Presentation night I'm afraid that I am all for direct action........inso much that I would pull the night completely and get the press involved, its high time that the club was brought to book for its inept handling of this affair...........DISGUSTED

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 21:08   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm seriously beginning to wonder, following coleys comment last week, also the tax returns not being on time, the refusal to talk to a guy who is prepared to put big money in, the treatment of the OSC, ARE the club going under? so just don't give a stuff anyway?
Old 21-04-2009, 21:11   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i'm seriously beginning to wonder, following coleys comment last week, also the tax returns not being on time, the refusal to talk to a guy who is prepared to put big money in, the treatment of the OSC, ARE the club going under? so just don't give a stuff anyway?

That is a worrying thought....................................

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 21:17   #60
God Member

the various silences are deafening ......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..