Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 12:30   #1
God Member

Angry urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Well to say I am slightly fuming is an understatement:

I received a phone call yesterday to say that the club had double booked the clubhouse on Saturday with a 30th!!!!!!!!!

Bear in mind I booked the room as soon as the fixtures came out for last home game of the season and checked again in Dec and again when a stag do was mentioned in another thread and was told yes we are aware that you have booked!!!!!!!

All the players, management and Directors were all attending and yet I was told this 30th was booked back in Nov... I felt sick

I was told they needed to speak to Rob and call me back. I didn't get a call by the time I left work so emailed Rob to find out what is going on.

I received a reply this morning with an apology and to try and sort it out.. the suggestion being holding the presentation night in the Crown. Rather than make the decision myself I thought I would ask people who are more than likely to attend what their thoughts are..

SO PEOPLE WHAT DO YOU THINK???????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2009, 12:37   #2
K-P

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

i think you got the room for free and the other people paid.. so you got (very wrongly) shafted...

my opinion..
keep to original plan or stuff it
Old 21-04-2009, 12:42   #3
Senior Member+

Hold it in the Oaklea upstairs if available!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 12:44   #4
God Member

Can't blame ya for being mad especially as you checked only a few weeks back.
Hope they enjoy the 18th in the Crown

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 12:45   #5
God Member

Exclamation Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Harwood, I will leave it up to you.... sorry, but you have organised it and put the work in so will go with what you think... but got to say that this must almost be the final straw, if it's not messageboard links, it's silence over buy out's and if not that it's something else... would Coley and the players still be coming to the Crown????

Like K-P's reply though..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 12:47   #6
God Member

MCR I have suggested Rob checks the Oaklea's function room to relocate the 30th birthday party as our numbers would be too many for there and to be honest our end of season do should in my mind be at the club

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 21-04-2009, 12:50   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Harwood, I will leave it up to you.... sorry, but you have organised it and put the work in so will go with what you think... but got to say that this must almost be the final straw, if it's not messageboard links, it's silence over buy out's and if not that it's something else... would Coley and the players still be coming to the Crown????

Like K-P's reply though..
To be honest I think this is the final straw, for me anyway... Yes all staff would still attend if it was at the Crown but personally I don't think it would work aswell up there, for a start there is no dance floor!! And the shape of the pub doesn't really give everyone an option to mingle well

Old 21-04-2009, 12:50   #8
God Member

Exclamation Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

How, if it's been double booked can you be told to go to the Crown Thought you had booked it first and since then confirmed it......

Old 21-04-2009, 12:53   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
How, if it's been double booked can you be told to go to the Crown Thought you had booked it first and since then confirmed it......
My thoughts exactly... get the feeling its easier to let fans down than non fans down although I am presuming the 30th was booked by non fans!!

Old 21-04-2009, 12:54   #10
K-P

Mine was a gut reaction.. I should ahve waited longer than 10 seconds before posting my reply.. I was amazed you had this done to you ... However i would rather see the event go ahead rather than no at all.
Old 21-04-2009, 13:02   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
MCR I have suggested Rob checks the Oaklea's function room to relocate the 30th birthday party as our numbers would be too many for there and to be honest our end of season do should in my mind be at the club
Ok was just a thought, yes our end of season do should be at the club, How will the crown work where would the presentation be given? isnt that smaller that the clubhouse?

Old 21-04-2009, 13:11   #12
God Member

At the end of the day, the supporters club booked the room first so should not have to move just because the club cocked up by double booking. The club should be contacting the people who have booked the 30th birthday party to tell them of their mistake & try to relocate them, even if we did manage to find an alternative venue at such short notice I doubt many of the players would be there.
I suppose we could manage to have it in the Crown if absolutely necessary and, as K-P has said it would be better there than not to happen at all but it's far from ideal, as all the trophies have been sorted the only other alternative would be to get all the players in the clubhouse after the game so that the winners can be given their respective awards, the negative side to that is that the clubhouse will need to be cleared early to make way for the people coming in to set up for the party.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 13:25   #13
K-P

These things arnt done on purpose... initiial reaction is shock (to say the least) but count to ten take a deep breath and move forward.... To me there only seems two options... the clubs and accymads..

Make the presentations directly after the game
Use the Crown..

Neither is ideal but realisticly these are the only two options... either time for a public vote or time for the OSC to make a decision that we all agree they should never have had to make
Old 21-04-2009, 13:30   #14
Senior Member+

Am sure the 30th will not mind and extra x amount of people! If we bring the Coley-oke along with us!

have it on the pitch! does not go dark till about 8.30 and we have lights if he does!

Old 21-04-2009, 14:21   #15
God Member

Smile Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Am sure the 30th will not mind and extra x amount of people! If we bring the Coley-oke along with us!

have it on the pitch! does not go dark till about 8.30 and we have lights if he does!
Best solution all round MCR.....Gets my vote...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..