Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 21:17   #61
Senior Member+

Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Who know's what's happening at the club?
They are quick to ask for our help when the club is in need!
Do not even repond to someone who wants to give money to the club, could help Coley get in some players E.g Buy Charnock, and a couple of other players. I was looking foward to going to my first end of season party, to meet other fans and players, Guess i'll have to wait to next year.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2009, 21:18   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
That is a worrying thought....................................
the reason i wonder U.K. i find it very hard to convince meself they are that stupid.
Old 21-04-2009, 21:52   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I was looking foward to going to my first end of season party, to meet other fans and players, Guess i'll have to wait to next year.
I think it is unlikely there will be one next year unless it is organised by someone else or another group, although only stating that from a personal point of view and not of everyone in the OSC

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 22:34   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashirelassz View Post
The room on that date is booked by the supporters club, you are right there Lesley (sorry if spelt wrong). And also Mr Matthew i can confirm that the hospitality is all arranged for you on that date aswell. Am i right to believe your coming from Scotland somewhere?

I will just look into making it a fun day out for all the family and see if i can sort out some sort of entertainment, but i know i will be on a tight budget.

Now with response to whether or not i work here at the club. I do 2 days minimum a week in the commercial & marketing department alongside David & Dan, this is my free time when not studying. But it does coincide with my study so its all good. Under a ot of pressure but the best job i have ever had by far
this was posted in the "good marketing idea" thread, post 35 dated 31-3-09

Please note in no way am I pointing a finger at Toni/lancashirelassz

just wanted to make a point

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!

Last edited by harwood red; 21-04-2009 at 22:43.
Old 22-04-2009, 08:09   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its a professional football club run by RANK AMATEURS. that simple.
I'm really sorry to hear of the problems. Cashy has summed it up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the second group to book was not asked to make alternative arrangements. It really does seem like an attack on the OSC.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 10:06   #66
Resting in Peace

Its not often I read every post on a thread, but I have on this one. There does seem to be something of an underlying current of incompetence within the club, you just don't run a business like this, after all the fans are the customers when all's said and don't, and with this coming on the back of the betting debacle, no wonder you lads and lass are, well to say the least, are just a tad upset
Old 22-04-2009, 11:11   #67
Full Member+

I suggest we dress up as super villains and stand at the door...

Then whenever any 30th Birthday patrons come by, we all go RAAARRRGH!

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 11:22   #68
Full Member+

Why is everyone assuming that the OSC need to be displaced? Surely, if the 30 party was last to be booked, then it is the club's responsibility to sort it out by telling them that, due to an oversight, there has been a double booking and that they can no longer be accommodated. Stick to your guns, Lesley, it's the club's problem, not yours, so why should you help them to sort it out?
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 11:36   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Why is everyone assuming that the OSC need to be displaced? Surely, if the 30 party was last to be booked, then it is the club's responsibility to sort it out by telling them that, due to an oversight, there has been a double booking and that they can no longer be accommodated. Stick to your guns, Lesley, it's the club's problem, not yours, so why should you help them to sort it out?
that sums up what my opinion is.
Old 22-04-2009, 11:38   #70
God Member

Just an update:

After talking to a few osc members, reading what has been put on here and alot of heart searching I have decided as Chair of the supporters club (maybe my final action) that if it cannot be held in the clubhouse this event will be cancelled and the trophies presented after the match as mentioned before.

It is then up to individuals whether they decide to still meet up for drinks in the Crown.

I decided on this action due to as others have pointed out, we did book the room first and the Crown is not a suitable venue for a do that includes children (licencing laws of the pub).

I have notified Rob Heys of this decision and he is still trying to see what can be done. I feel for the people who have booked their 30th birthday do but I think they will probably get fed up of the people coming in thinking it is the end of season do as it will prob not be possible to advise everyone that it has been cancelled.

PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THE TIME OF THIS POST, THIS EVENT IS NOT OFFICIALLY CANCELLED BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN A FINAL DECISION BY THE CLUB HAS BEEN MADE

Old 22-04-2009, 11:45   #71
God Member

Cant agree more Lesley, think that has put it firmly with the club also to the idea that if it is indeed cancelled to presenting players after the match, no one gets a drink & we all walk out to the oaklea for a drinkies [whom have been a supporter as a business of the osc & have been more than hospitable for meetings with the exhibition & to fans for matches without any problem at all & welcomed warmly]. Hit where it hurts im afraid, that is the only way to get the seriousness of the issue towards fans highlighted big style to the club. Also want to make it known to the players whom win or not that the actions we take isnt a result of them or management duo concerned but the incompetant people behind the fiasco! We will celebrate the team asfc success to safety but not the workings of the club as a business/Google Page Ranking/customer relations etc. Just my thoughts on the subject, till club gets back to u lesley & hope for a better response to change my mind.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 22-04-2009 at 11:48.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 11:55   #72
God Member

Smile Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Just an update:

After talking to a few osc members, reading what has been put on here and alot of heart searching I have decided as Chair of the supporters club (maybe my final action) that if it cannot be held in the clubhouse this event will be cancelled and the trophies presented after the match as mentioned before.

It is then up to individuals whether they decide to still meet up for drinks in the Crown.

I decided on this action due to as others have pointed out, we did book the room first and the Crown is not a suitable venue for a do that includes children (licencing laws of the pub).

I have notified Rob Heys of this decision and he is still trying to see what can be done. I feel for the people who have booked their 30th birthday do but I think they will probably get fed up of the people coming in thinking it is the end of season do as it will prob not be possible to advise everyone that it has been cancelled.

PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THE TIME OF THIS POST, THIS EVENT IS NOT OFFICIALLY CANCELLED BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN A FINAL DECISION BY THE CLUB HAS BEEN MADE
Not a bad solution if all else fails...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 11:58   #73
God Member

sounds good to me Lesley.

If the event is cancelled then I (and someone else) will perform a separate draw for the web sponsored shirts - notification will be on here.

It's beyond a joke to be honest.
Old 22-04-2009, 11:59   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its sad it has come to this, the only way to go though.IMHO.
Old 22-04-2009, 12:03   #75
I am Band

Unhappy Re: urgent question re: Sat night!!!!

Just a question...

Has anyone from within the club had the honesty and integrity to confess to being the root cause of this gross incompetence and disregard of its loyal customer base?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..