Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 13:36   #16
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
At least the club is now being honest with us
They had no choice.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 13:39   #17
God Member

I am not sure of all the in's, out's and legalities of the statement,

But whatever it takes, if I can help in any way shape or form I will!

Please ask!!!
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 13:42   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I am not sure of all the in's, out's and legalities of the statement,

But whatever it takes, if I can help in any way shape or form I will!

Please ask!!!
How are you fixed for a £300,000 gift?

Seriously, though, I have no idea what this means. Stanley have few assets to offset against the debt, so at the moment things look very bad. I wonder what action the Football League would take? Especially if it means that we can't guarantee starting next season! I'd like to know more about the implications of this (in simple terms of course...lol)
Old 29-05-2009, 13:50   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
They had no choice.
Correct, today's two articles in the Telegraph are as if they're about two different clubs.

I'd rather they'd crossed the Mafia than not paid the Revenue, and it's the nature of the non-payment that could be important.
It may not be as simple as covering the debt!

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 13:54   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

This doesn't help but it will make me feel better.

To all the Eric Whalley lovers, you know the guy who keeps us debt free and runs a tight ship - UP YOURS THE MANS A ****** !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 13:55   #21
God Member

Gutted but not suprised.

As for the excuses given on the fishy site..............ridiculous, HM Revenue & Customs will tear the club apart if they rely on that load of tosh! Eric, you bloody fool, you cannot in all seriousness expect us to believe this has all happened overnight...........You MUST of had warning that this was going to happen, and you have had the offer of clearing 2 thirds of this debt sitting on your desk,UNASWERED, for the past 2 months at least! They say pride comes before a fall..........well in my eyes now is the time to swallow your bloody pride man and get Ilyas on board without anymore dicking about.

Yes Im bloody angry!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:05   #22
Member.

I think one of the biggest worries is going to be internal stability, are the management team happy to continue despite the financial predicament or will they op out for new pastures.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:06   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Gutted but not suprised.

As for the excuses given on the fishy site..............ridiculous, HM Revenue & Customs will tear the club apart if they rely on that load of tosh! Eric, you bloody fool, you cannot in all seriousness expect us to believe this has all happened overnight...........You MUST of had warning that this was going to happen, and you have had the offer of clearing 2 thirds of this debt sitting on your desk,UNASWERED, for the past 2 months at least! They say pride comes before a fall..........well in my eyes now is the time to swallow your bloody pride man and get Ilyas on board without anymore dicking about.

Yes Im bloody angry!
Sums up my feelings exactly.
Old 29-05-2009, 14:07   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I think one of the biggest worries is going to be internal stability, are the management team happy to continue despite the financial predicament or will they op out for new pastures.
You certainly couldnt blame them if they did!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:18   #25

Bloody awful. The Clarets come into a massive windfall of millions and we end up in this predicament. Anybody thought of sending a begging letter to Turf Moor?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:20   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
This doesn't help but it will make me feel better.

To all the Eric Whalley lovers, you know the guy who keeps us debt free and runs a tight ship - UP YOURS THE MANS A ****** !!!
You've come out with some crap on here, but this really disgusts me. I'm not going to get involved in any kind of internet slanging match, so I'll just leave it at that.

On to the real issue, but we're not in full possession of the facts and won't be for a long time (if ever). I understand that people are upset and angry, but knee-jerk reactionary comments are not going to help.
Old 29-05-2009, 14:23   #27

Maybe not, but forums are in existence so that people can give their opinions and vent their obvious frustrations.

If you can think of any comments that WILL help the present situation, please submit them.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:24   #28
Roy
Administrator

Just to try to try to alleviate some worries, this is a standard procedure that companies go through when their request for money has gone on for far to long. It usually gets the company who is in receipt of the winding up petition to put top priority on paying this debt. I've worked for companies that have had these, and know a few people who have instigated them. It doesn't mean that the company will be given to liquidators and it doesn't usually mean the end.
What is interesting though is that HM revenues have recently introduced a scheme for companies to pay back taxes owed on a monthly scheme, instead of all at once as it usually is, this is due to the current economic climate. I would have thought ASFC would have had this as an option, unless the debt has already accumulated over several years.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:26   #29
Senior Member+

I would assume that the taxman would prefer some money from the club, rather than 'winding us up'. They could offer us some kind of payment plan to repay the cash over a period of time. This would mean that serious cuts would have to be made to the budget (is that what's implied in the official statement?), but at least the club could keep going.

Maybe it would take more serious measures, like going back to part-time or playing in a less national league (Blue Square North), but who knows? I'm only guessing, like we all are on here.
Old 29-05-2009, 14:27   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
Maybe not, but forums are in existence so that people can give their opinions and vent their obvious frustrations.

If you can think of any comments that WILL help the present situation, please submit them.
Yeah, same with you too. 59 posts in 3 years? Feel free to join in when you're ready and not just when the **** hit that fan!!

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..