Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 20:45   #166
God Member

Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
"It’s not a vendetta, it’s just a case of going forward.”
I was puzzled by that, what does he mean ?
Old 03-06-2009, 21:11   #167
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was puzzled by that, what does he mean ?
I can only assume he (Eric) means that he (Eric) has no vendetta against Ilyas.... The link to the story - if you have not already read it - has been posted by U.K. Cowboy.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 21:26   #168
God Member

Quote:
I can only assume he (Eric) means that he (Eric) has no vendetta against Ilyas.... The link to the story - if you have not already read it - has been posted by U.K. Cowboy.

I'd already read it before the link was put on. I was puzzled by the word vendetta and thought it was an odd choice of words, and still am
Old 03-06-2009, 21:40   #169
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

So what fund's have the club got then if we dont need help..ie season ticket money may be in the reigon of £50k more depending on amount sold..the bond draw say £5k awk.prize money for league possition..£30k Stanley get for Birmngham getting promoted,the payment off the league to see the club through the closs-season think it was around£100kwith assets frozzen and the pfa helping pay wages how can we not need help..thoughts please..
Old 04-06-2009, 02:06   #170
God Member

Quote:
From the L.E.T. article tonight.... Posted by U.K. Cowboy....

Chairman Eric Whalley has revealed that he spoke to Khan on Monday but, asked whether Stanley are capable of surviving without accepting Khan’s money, he said: “We can survive without anyone’s money.

Just hope Eric is right, but who think's he is?????
Let's get this straight.

While in the Conference, Eric said openly on more than one occasion that he does not have the financial clout to make Stanley survive/prosper in the Football League. Eric didn't step aside upon promotion. We now have outstanding debt of around £300,000 to the Inland Revenue.

Eric still thinks that the club "can survive without anyone's money" and "go forward".

Eric... wtf? What do you want to be remembered for?

Last edited by shakermaker; 04-06-2009 at 02:10.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:31   #171
Resting in Peace

Quote:
From the L.E.T. article tonight.... Posted by U.K. Cowboy....

Doublespeak. A case of mouth being engaged before brain.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Doublespeak. A case of mouth being engaged before brain.
No change there then!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:09   #173
Full Member+

Club to have new meeting with HMRC - Friday . see fishy
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17   #174

the old make a 400 mile round trip to London for a Friday afternoon meeting ploy
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:26   #175
Senior Member+

Love the last line on the updated fishy site quote "the club would like to thank all persons who have given messages of support" unquote (or words to that effect). What a load of sh!te. The club have turned their collective noses up to offers of help so how the hell are they going to prove to HMRC they can keep up with repayments this time, if they have already reneged on them once before.

C'MON Eric - swallow your pride, let the fans help out our beloved club - and it is OUR club, you are only the figurehead with the most shares. Get out with some dignity, not as the chairman that took us into oblivion for the second time in less than 50 years.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33   #176
Resting In Peace

Looks like Eric is determined to stay in charge and keep control of the club until somebody buys his shares and he lines his pockets.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 15:54   #177
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Eric still thinks that the club "can survive without anyone's money" and "go forward".
It's a strange and mysterious world in the land of football finance. Stanley owe 300K to the taxman but don't need any money, I support a team who have just won 60 million and they want me to lend them just short of £500 next week until August
Old 04-06-2009, 16:27   #178
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd already read it before the link was put on. I was puzzled by the word vendetta and thought it was an odd choice of words, and still am
Did not realise you had read it already Lancsdave As for "Vendetta" one can only assume that Eric is refering to the other refusal's of acceptance (Not too sure about my grammer?) but reading some paper articles and some of Ilyas's posts there has been more than this occasion that Eric has refused help. Maybe it will have to go down as yet another of the un-answered

Who thinks it ironic that the club will sit down to discuss this matter before Ilyas on Friday ???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 18:25   #179

Just heard the interview on Radio Lanc's, with Rob Heys. He would not answer the question as to why the Club have refused to sit down and talk with Ilyas, even though he was offering a large sum of money for a new share issue. Rob flustered and blustered all round the subject, and kept repeating everyone is working together.( I don't think so.)They the Club or namely E.W has no intention of accepting the offer of assistance from Ilyas. In my mind because E.W. will lose control if a new share issue is given, he will only have a small percentage of total shares,56,000 of possibly 350.000, or maybe more if the new share issue was taken up by other fans could possibly get to 550.000. then E.W. would onle have a 10% holding. That in my opinion is why he will not go for a new share issue, but he will never admit to that.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 18:34   #180
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If Whalley goes then Rob Heys has to go too, IMHO another who is out of his depth with running a FL club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..