Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 18:44   #181
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
I will be in Accrington on Friday and would extend an open invitation to anyone who wishes to meet to talk about the club, including the fighting fund or anything else, at 5.30pm at my family home at Stanhill Hall. I am an absolute believer in transparency of action and of intent, so anyone who wants to come along is welcome. Its not a press event or a time for speeches, but just a chance for all of us who hold ASFC dear to meet and maybe even come up with ideas that can bridge the gap. We must not let the club fall. that is the bottom line. I am the first to acknowledge the success that the club has enjoyed whilst Mr Whalley was in charge, but my focus now is the present, not the past.
I don't know if I can offer anything but to show my support for the future of Accrington Stanley I will do my best to be there, hope one or two others can make it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2009, 18:46   #182
God Member

Good luck with the meeting everyone. Hope it goes well. Sorry I can't make it
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 18:47   #183
God Member

thats probably quite harsh on Rob Heys Bagpuss.

IMHO whatever happens in the next few months I personally would let everybody carry on with their jobs with a chance to prove their worth with the shackles off.

It has been alluded to many times in the past that they are all doing their jobs with their hands tied.
Old 04-06-2009, 18:57   #184

Sorry I won't be able to make it on Friday Ilyas but I am on holiday in Wales at the moment, but can still recieve Radio Lanc's. Hope everything goes well,and I'll be there in spirit.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 19:08   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I don't know if I can offer anything but to show my support for the future of Accrington Stanley I will do my best to be there, hope one or two others can make it.
I would but I'm working

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 19:22   #186
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
thats probably quite harsh on Rob Heys Bagpuss.

IMHO whatever happens in the next few months I personally would let everybody carry on with their jobs with a chance to prove their worth with the shackles off.

It has been alluded to many times in the past that they are all doing their jobs with their hands tied.
Yes I suppose so but I can only make a judgement off what I see and hear. I was not impressed with his handling of the Junior Eagles this season. When I questioned his judgement once before someone defended him by saying "he's a fan who used to stand with us on the terraces", so what, a lot of us are fans and stand on the terraces but that wouldn't make us good Chief Executives.

Sorry Rob but IMHO that's the first negative thing you have posted on accyweb, clean sweep and give me the brush.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 04-06-2009 at 19:27. Reason: Just because.
Old 04-06-2009, 19:23   #187
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Good luck with the meeting everyone. Hope it goes well. Sorry I can't make it
Hope you have a good excuse.

Old 04-06-2009, 20:16   #188
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Hope you have a good excuse.

Course he has an excuse...... he's a part timer
Old 04-06-2009, 21:11   #189
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Just heard the interview on Radio Lanc's, with Rob Heys. He would not answer the question as to why the Club have refused to sit down and talk with Ilyas, even though he was offering a large sum of money for a new share issue. Rob flustered and blustered all round the subject, and kept repeating everyone is working together.
Looks like my email to Gary Hickson worked then. It's about time someone in the media asked that question.
Old 04-06-2009, 21:56   #190
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
the Club or namely E.W has no intention of accepting the offer of assistance from Ilyas. In my mind because E.W. will lose control if a new share issue is given, he will only have a small percentage of total shares,56,000 of possibly 350.000, or maybe more if the new share issue was taken up by other fans could possibly get to 550.000. then E.W. would onle have a 10% holding.
And IF the club did go under beceause of E.W.'s reluctance to part with his control over the club, just how much exactly will his precious shares be worth then ????

Answers on a postcard to........???

Surely E.W. doesn't think you need to be Stephen Hawkins to work that one out !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 22:47   #191
Senior Member+

Did anyone go tonight? It was tonight wasnt it?!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 04-06-2009 at 22:51.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:37   #192
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Surely E.W. doesn't think you need to be Stephen Hawkins to work that one out !!!
It's Stephen Hawking.

The meeting is tonight. Can anyone confirm the actual location of the meeting? I don't know Oswaldtwistle very well.

I see Liverpool are having a few debt problems too. Apparently the interest alone on their debts is in excess of £36 million. Kind of puts our debt in context.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41   #193
Full Member+

All the top four PL clubs have massive debts. Liverpool at £300m to Chelsea at over £700m. At the same time, the same four clubs have the highest salary expenditure. On Stanley On
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48   #194
Senior Member+

F A O Tin Monkey and others who are attending tonight :-
"The meeting will be held at Stanhill Hall, which is on Stanhill Road, right opposite the memorial gardens. The post code is BB5 4PP"

its just down the road on the left from the stanhill pub

hope this is of some help

loweiy
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
its just down the road on the left from the stanhill pub
but only if you are coming from Blackburn side other than that its just before the pub on the right if coming from accy

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..