Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 09:31   #196
God Member

Re: Winding up proceedings

I'll be there tonight, when folk like Jack Barrett are saying in the paper how worried they are that really worries me. Haven't got any money to pledge but am willing to offer my support and help in any way I can.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09   #197
God Member

I wont be able to make it as working, bit early eve for me but wants the best for the club, so hate to miss out for those of us who cant make it can rest of us be informed as to the outcomes or actions put forward

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13   #198
God Member

Jimmy Bell has just been quoted as saying 'A number of Accrington Stanleys players have refused to commit themselves to the club following last weeks news', it also says that he has told the players that ' the club are confident everything will be ok', sounds like the players are in the dark as much as the fans are.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17   #199
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Jimmy Bell has just been quoted as saying 'A number of Accrington Stanleys players have refused to commit themselves to the club following last weeks news', it also says that he has told the players that ' the club are confident everything will be ok', sounds like the players are in the dark as much as the fans are.
Thats not surprising, only person that knows whats going on is eric, maybe one or 2 of his close colleagues, but wont be the management in fear they will give notice maybe, cant blame the players, they have to look after their own interests too, as many of us would be reluctant to do owt given uncertainty within their employer.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26   #200
God Member

Hopefully, after the meeting with HMRC, Eric will make a statement and lay some of the uncertainty to rest, then people can maybe move forward positively.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:30   #201
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I wont be able to make it as working, bit early eve for me but wants the best for the club, so hate to miss out for those of us who cant make it can rest of us be informed as to the outcomes or actions put forward
No problem SM, I'm sure one or more of us will let you know what happens.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
F A O Tin Monkey and others who are attending tonight :-
"The meeting will be held at Stanhill Hall, which is on Stanhill Road, right opposite the memorial gardens. The post code is BB5 4PP"

its just down the road on the left from the stanhill pub

hope this is of some help

loweiy
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-06-2009, 15:26   #203
Senior Member+

This from Bulls News: Accrington's takeover is still on, according to the potential buyer - and current General Manager - Dave O'Neill. O'Neill is said to have put £150,000 into the club last summer to avert a previous threat from the taxman.

Not seen that before.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 15:57   #204
Full Member+

negotiations with HMRC

STANLEY SET OUT REPAYMENT PLAN | Coca Cola League 2 Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:20   #205
Senior Member+

Well im unable to attend the meeting tonight so would someone please fill in the details
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:32   #206
God Member

well I tried to get off work to go but alas am still here at my desk and just sneaked on here to give my apologies and will try to look on here again tomorrow to find out what was discussed and if any decisions have been made

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:56   #207
Member.

Long shot……..

Has anyone at the meeting got their laptop plugged in, can we have highlights please.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 18:29   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
This from Bulls News: Accrington's takeover is still on, according to the potential buyer - and current General Manager - Dave O'Neill. O'Neill is said to have put £150,000 into the club last summer to avert a previous threat from the taxman.
Not seen that before.
You have to hand it to Bulls News - they always seem to know more about Accy than we do.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 19:03   #209
God Member

update on fishy site

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 19:27   #210
Senior Member+

Has anyone noticed this?

Creditors to get pittance from club (From The Northern Echo)

0.9p in the pound is the proposal. Might be worth a 10 point deduction.

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..