Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 18:12   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Who in Accrington would realisticlly not be happy to pay this.
I may be wrong, but I'd suspect that there'd be uproar if this happened. Sad, but true.
Old 29-05-2009, 18:13   #77
God Member

Question Re: Winding up proceedings

Judging by the attendances, quite a few...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 18:17   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Now is the time for the council to act.

An extra £1 a month for a year on Council Tax should cover a large part of this. Who in Accrington would realisticlly not be happy to pay this.
99% of the population.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 18:19   #79
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Eric says he's devastated and affects him personally.

the extra money needed to put the seats in, etc.

"he'll still be there too".

He doesn't think that O'Neil will take over the club

He finished by complaining that the club was still paying Cav and Rocky, which he begrudges as he expects one of them to be banned for life.
1/ Too right it does now everybody knows what he's been hiding, there is no way he will get the nest egg he wants.

2/ Blame the seats again, everybody knew about those for 3 years but once again it's ignore it until we can't anymore.

3/ Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, god help us.

4/ I believe as mentioned in another thread this was never a real option.

5/ The season ended weeks ago why give them a contract beyond the season end, bad business once again.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 18:25   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
5/ The season ended weeks ago why give them a contract beyond the season end, bad business once again.
It's quite normal for contracts to run until the end of May or the 1st June. What if we'd have been in the play-offs?
Old 29-05-2009, 18:28   #81

The way to improve the situation is for UNITY and up the attendance next season , even if you have to abduct someone'n release them at 5pm on Saturdays.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 18:37   #82
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's quite normal for contracts to run until the end of May or the 1st June. What if we'd have been in the play-offs?
Ha Ha, point taken.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 19:34   #83
God Member

this is sad news, but is it a master stroke by eric and co only time will tell ?if its not questions need to be asked,and how much the betting scandals have affected sponsorship anybody who was involved need to be ejected from the club as no player is bigger than the club .this is time to be ruthless,this is the time to prove to league, sponsors and the media that club was in no way involved and will not tolerate anybody connected to the club being involved ..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 21:54   #84

I wonder if Russel's 200k gambling losses have anything to do with all this??

Ok, Mods, if this is libellous, please delete!!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 23:06   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Because that's the way it works at Stanley, head in the sand...............
I know everyone is getting heated cause they care, but Bagpuss, you never ever ever have a good word to say about Stanley......

Does it feel like Xmas day or something, now you got something BIG to maon about

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 23:06   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
I wonder if Russel's 200k gambling losses have anything to do with all this??

Ok, Mods, if this is libellous, please delete!!!!
nope just stupid

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 00:42   #87
Senior Member+

My opinion, (for what it's worth) is that all our actions are too little too late, we all knew in our hearts that the club was in dire financial straits, hell, Eric tried to offload it on David LLoyd a fortnight ago down at Accy Cricket Club, saw it with my own eyes. The powers that be have ignored offers of help for their own foolish reasons, if the club goes down the pan you can all lay the blame fairly and squarely on massive mismanagement, and that all rests with one person, he who holds the purse strings, a debt of 300,000 doesn't just "appear" from nowhere.
Old 30-05-2009, 00:48   #88
Senior Member+

Oh and I am not gonna stand another quid on my council tax because someone can't balance their books. What works in my (single parent cash strapped) household is , you haven't got it, you don't spend it.....
Old 30-05-2009, 01:56   #89
Senior Member+

Well, it's a bit late now, but the Inland Revenue as main creditor has been really bothering me. A few have quoted examples whereby a club reaches an arrangement to pay off the debt, (Grimsby and Rochdale), but after searching the net this seems to have been done to stave off a winding up order, although I could be wrong.

However Eric's piece on Radio Lancashire showed that such an arrangement was made at the start of last season, and payments were not kept up. It is on this basis that the club is being taken to court, and could be liable to additional costs.

An Accrington statement says total debts are under £400,000 - meaning that the taxman, as majority creditor, would veto any potential CVA as is their usual intention should the club go into Administration. (Bulls News). This seems to be backed up by Luton's plight, Luton Town - Luton: 2020 dilemma , which gives various scenarios of clubs entering administration.

Maybe others were already aware of all this, maybe my interpretation is off the mark, but it seems even worse than I thought.
Time for bed.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 08:56   #90
Senior Member+

The other issue not so far considered is the leases ie the ground and The Crown. Obviously I have no idea whether they say this but under many modern leases the mere presentation of a winding up petition would be a ground for the landlord to seek repossession and forfeiture of the lease.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..