Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2009, 09:05   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Winding up proceedings

I am sorry that my carefully drafted posting was deleted on the other thread.

I am with Ilyas on the idea of the new share issue and with Jason on the idea that the main vehicle would be the supporters trust with the Ultras and OSC playing a big role. That's not to say that others could not buy big chunks of the new shares independently. I would like Ilyas to be the Honorary President of the Supporters' Trust.

Though representatives and others would doubtless want to be sure of the club's solvency going forward before putting themselves up for directorships!

I am not in favour of anyone buying existing shares. What the club needs is new money and the people who subscribe are entitled to something meaningful in return including a say in how the club is run that could be through subscribing to the supporters' trust holding or their own independent shareholding if they decide to take that route.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 30-05-2009 at 09:11.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2009, 09:21   #92
Senior Member+

I really hope that they do get it sorted and something can be worked out..and inregards to the poster who suggested that everyone pays £1 extra on their council tax to bail out stanley..not on your life..
why should I pay money to help bail someone out who cant do their job properly...did we all want to pay an extra £1 to the woolies staff or other local companies when they were closing their doors..nope...would you expect to have people pay you a £1 if you made a proper hash of something.. probably not..

and just how do you owe x amount to nat. ins and tax...?
surely whoever does the books should be strung up..?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 09:31   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I may be wrong, but I'd suspect that there'd be uproar if this happened. Sad, but true.
Think your right TM remember all the SH1T that was flying about when the council sponsored Stanley, the vast majority of people in Hyndburn don't give a stuff for the Club otherwise there would be far bigger gates on match days, Stanley are a fairy tale that people like to hear of but are not prepared to support financially, which is a crying shame really
Old 30-05-2009, 10:29   #94
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I know everyone is getting heated cause they care, but Bagpuss, you never ever ever have a good word to say about Stanley......

Does it feel like Xmas day or something, now you got something BIG to maon about
Why is it always me you have a dig at, I'm not on my own with my views on Eric and how the club has been run since we became FL, I don't give a toss what you think I will keep on posting what you consider moaning.
How can you even consider I would think it was my Christmas Day, I was gutted when I saw it on the Sky Sports ticker even though I heard something a few days ago I never thought it was this bad.
There is more to Stanley than matchday and a **** up with the lads, I wish it was that simple even I would be happy but when fellow supporters can see problems and do their best to help find solutions only to be pushed aside or ignored then people like me speak up and yes have a moan.

For the record this is from another thread in reply to the same question as yours from Southern Red.
Yes Sir I can, the football side of Stanley has been far better this year and I believe getting John and Jimmy to sign new contracts is a good move. The fact that Eric is leaving is also a positive for the club, despite all he has done his departure is the way forward.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 10:37   #95

\I have a relatie wo works for the Inland Revenue and they only take this course as a last resort.

NAs for the seats ithe club have had three years to sort them so why leave them to the last few months.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 10:42   #96
God Member

surely whoever does the books should be strung up..?[/quote]

The book-keeper may have done thier job properly, as may the accountant, but the signatory has to sign the cheque every month for tax, if it isnt signed, it cant be paid, the accounts dept will have known about this though.
Old 30-05-2009, 12:35   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
surely whoever does the books should be strung up..?
The book-keeper may have done their job properly, as may the accountant, but the signatory has to sign the cheque every month for tax, if it isnt signed, it cant be paid, the accounts dept will have known about this though.[/quote]
I think a lot of businesses put tax and NI on the back burner when it comes to paying the bills derek, were as really it should be the first thing you pay, there is the old saying there are only two certainties in life death and taxes, and to ignore the tax man is tantamount to suicide
Old 30-05-2009, 12:48   #98
God Member

The first part of that was from another post, about stringing them up, not from me, many businesss, mine included, do put other bills before the tax man, if you run an honest business, you have to juggle sometimes, more so if it is seasonal, as is mine.
Old 30-05-2009, 13:34   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The first part of that was from another post, about stringing them up, not from me, many businesss, mine included, do put other bills before the tax man, if you run an honest business, you have to juggle sometimes, more so if it is seasonal, as is mine.
The thing is though derek, is getting it right in the end er like on the 5th of April each year
Old 30-05-2009, 13:39   #100
God Member

Thats the key Jaysay, April comes at the end of my busiest time of the year, this time of year, in a recession, is very very tough.
Old 30-05-2009, 13:51   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's the key Jaysay, April comes at the end of my busiest time of the year, this time of year, in a recession, is very very tough.
It certainly is derek especially if, like Stanley your totally reliant on the general public to raise money to pay your debts, Stanley's main problem as and will always be getting bodies through the turnstiles every home match
Old 30-05-2009, 19:05   #102
Full Member+

speaking with my other hat on (an accountant when not supporting the Shrimps) it would seem from looking at the figures that the admitted debt of circa £300,000 for P.A.Y.E. must be around a full years liability.
P.A.Y.E. is payable on the 19th of each month for P.A.Y.E. and NI up to the 5th of that month.
In other words the alarm bells should have been ringing in your treasurers dept sometime last year when it must have been obvious that a huge liability was starting to accrue.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 20:13   #103
Senior Member+

I don't think anyone is denying that this is the result of an accumulation of debt over a period of time. Club officials have said that an agreement was made with the Inland Revenue last year to repay outstanding money, but due to the collapse of Fraser Eagle and lower than expected gates, that agreement was not upheld by Stanley.
Old 30-05-2009, 22:22   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
why should I pay money to help bail someone out who cant do their job properly...did we all want to pay an extra £1 to the woolies staff or other local companies when they were closing their doors..nope...would you expect to have people pay you a £1 if you made a proper hash of something.. probably not..
In some ways you are comparing apples and pears. If a town has a major football club ( lets face it Stanley are one of the top 90 clubs in the country ) then the benefits to the local economy a football club can bring can't easily be measured. However if a local football club wants the town to rally round it and support it, then it needs the local community to beleive that club is of the same mind. I think I've just inadvertently answered the question why people of the town don't support the club as much as the club would like them to, without the need for further comment.
Old 31-05-2009, 07:39   #105
God Member

The debts would have mounted over a period of time, but to stop this, ASFC would have two options, get the money from somewhere?? Or make everyone redundant, and pull out of the league, I would think the second option could possibly have incurred more costs than the current debt.

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..