Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 15:27   #46

Re: Winding up proceedings

Really am gutted for you guys....but what puzzles me in your and other similar cases is 'why let a debt grow so big?'

Surely your guys knew that it would have to be sorted sometime, so why put it off?

I just hope that you can get the thing sorted. After all the hard work over the past years to get back into the league, the last thing you need is a return to the basement.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 15:28   #47
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
It does rather make a mockery of all that we have read about Eric Whalley looking after the purse strings so carefully.
You can't look at it that way Tin Monkey has spoken, but it's no wonder Eric wanted out before the **** hit the fan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:28   #48
Member.

[quote=shakermaker;717419]I'm extremely worried.

Maybe Ilyas Khan would be prepared to pay the tax man for us and afterwards purchase the club for £1! Silly dream I know. We don't even know why the club aren't talking to Ilyas, at this perilous stage it cannot be pure ignorance.quote]

I think to most people it would make a lot of sense if’ your ambition is to keep the company (club) alive. It really comes down to the value of the assets and what’s in the bank, if Eric what’s more than the sum value of the aforementioned, we're buggered, lets face it who in their right mind would pay (at a wild stab in the dark) three quarters of a million for Eric’s shares knowing that there’s at least 400,000.00 in liabilities. I really think the share option is part of the answer and a large influx of free cash is the other…….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:29   #49
God Member

Unhappy Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm extremely worried.

Maybe Ilyas Khan would be prepared to pay the tax man for us and afterwards purchase the club for £1! Silly dream I know. We don't even know why the club aren't talking to Ilyas, at this perilous stage it cannot be pure ignorance.

I know it's not the most important thing the club has to face right now, but if the worst scenario finds itself actualised, what will happen to season ticket money?

Not too sure what you mean???? But it's the last thing on my mind at this moment in time..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:29   #50
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Really am gutted for you guys....but what puzzles me in your and other similar cases is 'why let a debt grow so big?'

Surely your guys knew that it would have to be sorted sometime, so why put it off?
Because that's the way it works at Stanley, head in the sand...............

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 29-05-2009, 15:32   #51
Senior Member+

OK so the £300,000 might not be the end of the club we all love, but what worries me is the last paragraph that other liabilities are about a quarter of this figure i.e another £75,000. I agree with others, get Ilyas Khan on board now to assist D'On and EW. One wonders if this is the reason the takeover of the club has not gone ahead as planned!
Yes £375,000 might seem like chicken feed to Premiership and Championship clubs, but for a club like ours, it could be a killer. I do hope we are not having shades of '62 all over again

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:35   #52
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post

I just hope that you can get the thing sorted. After all the hard work over the past years to get back into the league, the last thing you need is a return to the basement.
Thanks for the post C C I would imagine it's just like how most of these things happen, people just keep putting things off and hope that one day it will sort it's self out...

Old 29-05-2009, 15:36   #53
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
but what worries me is the last paragraph that other liabilities are about a quarter of this figure i.e another £75,000.
Why do you think Hollands Pies stopped doing business with Stanley.

Old 29-05-2009, 15:42   #54
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
You've come out with some crap on here, but this really disgusts me.
Maybe so, it's only a message board as Kipax tells us, but my comments are not crap they are the truth, wake up Eric is not god anymore.

Old 29-05-2009, 15:48   #55
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Maybe so, it's only a message board as Kipax tells us, but my comments are not crap they are the truth, wake up Eric is not god anymore.

Opinions apart (and each and every one is valid) we could do with a one voice approach to this situation, tearing at each other is not the answer….Someone at the club as been talking crap for many months and now we have some answers to what the problem is, what we need now is Leadership, cash and some Big Bollocks………….so who is their……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-05-2009, 15:49   #56
God Member

Exclamation Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
What an unmitigated disaster. I am embarrassed and sick to the pit of my stomach after reading the statement. Bagpuss, you are absolutely correct in your surmise (about Mr W concocting a story about there being interested "parties" for his shares only in trying to generate money into his pocket. How sickening). That sham, and more has now come to light, as has the fact that the club has been negligent (putting it mildly) with its obligations. I am also really quite shocked at the tone of the statement. Someone somewhere has to wake up and smell the coffee. Sorry guys, but I just dont know how to react other than to share the deep regret of all true fans.

One thing, however, is for sure. This club will not go down. Not whilst we are around. The club is bigger than any one individual, and its time for the board to act in the interests of the club, and not the interests of a Chairman who has been found out like the emperor with no clothes on. How on earth can we owe the taxman £300,000 and be taken to court. What other debts are there ? Lets have a full disclosure and lets then get people to subscribe to a new share issue and save the situation. I am ready to lead the way with at least £250,000. And you can quote me on that.

A very sad and sorry Ilyas Khan
Maybe some light........

Old 29-05-2009, 15:51   #57
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Opinions apart (and each and every one is valid) we could do with a one voice approach to this situation, tearing at each other is not the answer….Someone at the club as been talking crap for many months and now we have some answers to what the problem is, what we need now is Leadership, cash and some Big Bollocks………….so who is their……

Good sensible train of thought...

I vote you Doug....

Old 29-05-2009, 15:54   #58
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Good sensible train of thought...

I vote you Doug....

Yeah, I've got the Bollocks but that's about it. thanks anyway.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-05-2009, 15:56   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't really understand these things, but surely winding-up proceedings are worse than admin?
My daughter actually told me that it was on Sky Sports News, she worked for the Revenue and customs for twenty years Wynonie and she just said, and I quote, these people don't take prisoners, if they can't come up with the cash by the court date, or have a plan which is acceptable, its goodnight Vienna. I only hope that something can be worked out as I for one don't want to see 1963 revisited
Old 29-05-2009, 15:58   #60
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
OK I will shut up for now but Eric is not the one with the bollocks.

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..