Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 16:03   #61
Member.

Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
OK I will shut up for now but Eric is not the one with the bollocks.
I don't want you to shut up, I want all of us to talk loud and clear so the club and the world knows we don't want another 62........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 16:11   #62
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Yeah, I've got the Bollocks but that's about it. thanks anyway.
Well having the balls is a start But as you have said we must all pull together.....

ON STANLEY ON

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 16:26   #63
Senior Member+

We will be fine if we sort out a payment plan with the Revenue and court! however this is as long as we dont default on any payments that the winding up court will order us to make, for e.g say 10k a month for 30 months or something!

Also i think people are taking it out of proportion a little bit and fans shouldnt be worried, the club is taking us to the winding up court to settle a payment plan with club to pay off the £300,000 worth of taxes etc due , not to close us down! How its got to this stage of £300,000 i dont know, it be better to ask Eric Whalley in person!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 29-05-2009 at 16:31.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 16:32   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
OK so the £300,000 might not be the end of the club we all love, but what worries me is the last paragraph that other liabilities are about a quarter of this figure i.e another £75,000. I agree with others, get Ilyas Khan on board now to assist D'On and EW. One wonders if this is the reason the takeover of the club has not gone ahead as planned!
Yes £375,000 might seem like chicken feed to Premiership and Championship clubs, but for a club like ours, it could be a killer. I do hope we are not having shades of '62 all over again
the 75 K is normal for a business of this size most FTSE 100 companies AIM to be 50% geared ( that's in debt to you and I). Every business aims to pay debts at least 28 days late. This really is NOT a problem, i've asked my bank manager!
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 17:09   #65
Senior Member+

Eric Whalley will give an exclusive interview to Radio Lancashire tonight. It'll be between 6pm (now) and 7pm. You'll have to listen on FM (103.9 or 95.5), as the DAB service is Lancashire cricket.
Old 29-05-2009, 17:28   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Eric Whalley will give an exclusive interview to Radio Lancashire tonight. It'll be between 6pm (now) and 7pm. You'll have to listen on FM (103.9 or 95.5), as the DAB service is Lancashire cricket.
For those of us who cannot receive it, could somebody post all the juicy bits....... Thanks...

Old 29-05-2009, 17:34   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
For those of us who cannot receive it, could somebody post all the juicy bits....... Thanks...
try this:

BBC player - Radio
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 17:38   #68
God Member

Cheers Bradshaw Boy, but it will not load/work?????

Old 29-05-2009, 17:42   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cheers Bradshaw Boy, but it will not load/work?????
sorry - might be you browser or firewall - I use Firefox browser and am listening to it now

EW is unimpressed with the FL and says the Club won't welch on its debts - a ground sponsor has backed away due to the betting scandal
Old 29-05-2009, 17:43   #70
Senior Member+

Rob Heys has just been on and said he was confident that the club will survive and go forward.

Eric says he's devastated and affects him personally. He says he's known about it for a while and that Greg Pope is involved now too. He says that the club had a deal with the Inland Revenue at the start of last season to repay the money, but that was upset by the Fraser Eagle situation and the extra money needed to put the seats in, etc.

He says that he doesn't want the club to go into administration. He thinks that some clubs have done that all too easily. However, if there was no other way, then we'd have to do it too.

Falling gates and loss of sponsorship have affected us badly. Whalley is 99% sure that we'll still be in existence next season and "he'll still be there too". He doesn't think that O'Neil will take over the club and implied that he didn't have the financial clout to take over. (That was my interpretation of the interview, but I may be wrong).

He finished by complaining that the club was still paying Cav and Rocky, which he begrudges as he expects one of them to be banned for life.

That's it!
Old 29-05-2009, 17:44   #71

We'd never have got into this position if Greg Pope had claimed for the FES as his second home.
Old 29-05-2009, 17:55   #72
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
We'd never have got into this position if Greg Pope had claimed for the FES as his second home.

Wahay finally something to smile about all week!!

We we gotta laugh, otherwise theres not much hope

Old 29-05-2009, 18:02   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
sorry - might be you browser or firewall - I use Firefox browser and am listening to it now

EW is unimpressed with the FL and says the Club won't welch on its debts - a ground sponsor has backed away due to the betting scandal
Cheers anyway

Old 29-05-2009, 18:05   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Rob Heys has just been on and said he was confident that the club will survive and go forward.

Eric says he's devastated and affects him personally. He says he's known about it for a while and that Greg Pope is involved now too. He says that the club had a deal with the Inland Revenue at the start of last season to repay the money, but that was upset by the Fraser Eagle situation and the extra money needed to put the seats in, etc.

He says that he doesn't want the club to go into administration. He thinks that some clubs have done that all too easily. However, if there was no other way, then we'd have to do it too.

Falling gates and loss of sponsorship have affected us badly. Whalley is 99% sure that we'll still be in existence next season and "he'll still be there too". He doesn't think that O'Neil will take over the club and implied that he didn't have the financial clout to take over. (That was my interpretation of the interview, but I may be wrong).

He finished by complaining that the club was still paying Cav and Rocky, which he begrudges as he expects one of them to be banned for life.

That's it!
Cheers for that brief overview T M

Old 29-05-2009, 18:10   #75

Now is the time for the council to act.

An extra £1 a month for a year on Council Tax should cover a large part of this. Who in Accrington would realisticlly not be happy to pay this.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..