Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 20:44   #106
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

Accyman. I pop by and read the posts regularly.

I don't agree with you on most issues. I believe in getting stuck in, you believe in sitting back and criticising.

I read your posts with sadness at how little you know about what is going on in your own area and your desire still to tap away. If you ask you may discover you find out more. Denigration won't lead to anything.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2014, 21:08   #107
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Accyman. I pop by and read the posts regularly.

I don't agree with you on most issues. I believe in getting stuck in, you believe in sitting back and criticising.

I read your posts with sadness at how little you know about what is going on in your own area and your desire still to tap away. If you ask you may discover you find out more. Denigration won't lead to anything.
Yet another negative post, this time not from the lacky, but from the main disappointment.
Your mate wants positive posts and threads.
The title of this thread was positive however both of you continue to be negative, so far as the site is concerned, we may reply in more positive terms when you actually do get stuck in, instead of trying to climb the slimy pole your party has offered you.
We, (your voters) don't need you to be a whip, we need you to put our concerns before those of your party.

Will that happen? Will you reply? Will your answer be positive (for you constituency)? Will I and many others that are concerned with how you've turned out vote for you next time?

Hell, yet again I expect no reply other than if I'm lucky, a scathing and unworthy reply from a guy that seems to be considering himself above all others.

P.S. My drains still have metal covers on them, & no one around here seems to have malaria, thanks for your hard work on those local issues.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 21:38   #108
Beacon of light

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Graham, you may pop by regularly to read posts, but you do not contribute much to the forum any more........and if there were nothing to criticise then we would be patting you on the back for doing something to enhance our borough. Your patch.

Alas, as Less has so succinctly observed you seem much more concerned with getting ahead in the Labour party...and that will be to your detriment when the next general election comes around.
Yes, there are still some of those who would vote for a donkey if it was under a Labour banner, but for many of us the scales have fallen from our eyes.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 13:59   #109
God Member

I have read that government whips , which our MP is, have 'grey books'.
The practice of keeping 'grey books' began in the time of Edward Heath and has continued ever since.

The grey book contains personal info about individual politicians which is used in a threatening manner in order that they will 'toe the party line' rather than risk that info being made public. i.e. blackmail.

During this current rallying of MPs to support the demand for a child abuse enquiry, I have noticed that our MP has not given his support.
Peruse this list - his name isn't on it.
Pressure builds in Parliament to address child sex abuse in UK | ExaroNews

It appears that his duties as labour whip are affecting any moral stance he may have on the topic.

I would like him to say why he doesn't back a government enquiry into child abuse.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 15:18   #110
Beacon of light

Margaret do not expect an answer any time soon, for I fear he will not come on here and justify himself.
After all, there is no justification for sexual abuse of children.
Old 07-07-2014, 15:19   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have read that government whips , which our MP is, have 'grey books'.
The practice of keeping 'grey books' began in the time of Edward Heath and has continued ever since.

The grey book contains personal info about individual politicians which is used in a threatening manner in order that they will 'toe the party line' rather than risk that info being made public. i.e. blackmail.

During this current rallying of MPs to support the demand for a child abuse enquiry, I have noticed that our MP has not given his support.
Peruse this list - his name isn't on it.
Pressure builds in Parliament to address child sex abuse in UK | ExaroNews

It appears that his duties as labour whip are affecting any moral stance he may have on the topic.

I would like him to say why he doesn't back a government enquiry into child abuse.
because he hasnt been told what to do yet perhaps ?

i know the people of XXXington would like him to sign it maybe as many as %95 but thats just a rough estimate

even if he does sign it he will proobably come back expecting a thankyou for doing somthing that was moraly right to do without hesitation

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-07-2014 at 15:23.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 15:22   #112
Beacon of light

You mean his conscience(you know, that little voice inside your head that tells you when you are doing something wrong) is on holiday.
On this subject, he should need no telling what to do. He has a child of his own......I am sure he would do everything in his power to prevent the sexual exploitation of that child.
Old 07-07-2014, 15:26   #113
God Member

now now matgaret MPs arnt for criticizing they are elected so they can ask what other people are doing to sort out local issues

as pointed out i have no understanding of what is happening in the town i have grown up in so how could i ever imagine how to understand that child abuse is wrong and needs rooting out no matter how high up the perverted may be

the error i would make as a MP would be to put my signature on that thing before the ink had time to dry

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:09   #114
Beacon of light

Yes......we must be careful lest Graham thinks we are just criticising, while he is getting stuck in(stuck into what I am tempted to ask).
After all, we have no idea what life is like for a busy Labour MP......and you know Accyman denigration won't lead to anything...we should be asking if we want to find out things......not tap tap tapping away in this critical fashion.
OK...so I AM asking.

Graham why didn't you sign to give your support to this investigation?
Old 07-07-2014, 16:32   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Graham why didn't you sign to give your support to this investigation?
Do you really expect an answer to that question?

Perhaps if you worded it in a more positive manner?

Graham we know you are busily working away on our behalf and getting stuck in, unlike we the common man, that wouldn't know what to stick in where, however could you please explain in simple terms for we the plebs, why your inaction to put your vast and expansive knowledge of what is good for us in the form of a signature showing support for the investigation.

P.S. If you don't have the time/inclination/wish to answer this question I and your other loyal constituents will understand that we don't really need to know but must continue in blind faith that anything you do is for our own good, But please, don't treat us like children, it turns out they get far more abuse than should be allowed in any so called, civilized society and I don't want to join their ranks.

Yours creepingly, etc. etc.

Old 07-07-2014, 16:47   #116
JCB

As I said a few weeks ago I say again .

Some of the anti-Graham Jones posts which appear on a regular basis are not motivated by politics but by personal animosity towards Graham Jones.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:57   #117
Beacon of light

No Less.....in fact I would be very surprised if he came on here to give me an answer.....because there is NO acceptable answer.
Every right minded person would jump at the chance to ensure that those in the echelons of power were transparent in their doings....that whatever their social standing, if they were involved in vile activities, they face the same justice that you or I would face.

But my suspicions are such, that I believe that this will not happen.
The establishment will close ranks, deny that there was anything in any of the dossiers handed to Leon Brittan all those years ago.....those that he hoped would never see the light of day.

I am so cynical as to think that this man told some civil servant to bury them so deep that they would never be found again.

I remember an admonishment that my mother used to use' Be sure your sins will find you out'.....and they surely do because there is always someone who knows what you did, saw what you did or was doing it with you.....and they cannot be relied on to keep quiet.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-07-2014 at 17:03.
Old 07-07-2014, 17:00   #118
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

Some of the anti-Graham Jones posts which appear on a regular basis are not motivated by politics but by personal animosity towards Graham Jones.
I have no animosity towards Graham Jones.....only to the things he does.....and some of the things he does not do....that perhaps he should be doing.
I am honest in my posts and say it as I see it.
If that is wrong, then I plead guilty.
Old 07-07-2014, 17:34   #119

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:

You can repeat it as often as you like, you will probably be wrong.
I've met the man on several occasions and found him to be amiable.

However the results from Graham Jones the politician are what get my back up and until he improves he will get my tit for his low standard tat that he demonstrates whenever he posts.
Old 07-07-2014, 18:18   #120
God Member

Quote:

I was a lifelong labour voter until I became disallusioned with politics a few years ago. I met Graham Jones at an Accy Web meet at the Stag Inn. He was a labour councillor then. He was friendly chap and I neither do, nor did, bear him any personal animosity.

I can see from his actions and posts since his election as an MP, that the malevolent self interest that pervades politics has clouded his judgement, so that when his constituents question his motives, he automatically assumes the party stance, maybe in the further persuance of his status in the party to the disregard of all other considerations

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..