Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 21:40   #91
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Schoolgirl wins dress case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Enoch was right......not racist!
Well said Margaret, I am a racist and I hate muslims, I just wish a few more of the people posting on this thread would be as honest.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2005, 21:53   #92
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Well said Margaret, I am a racist and I hate muslims, I just wish a few more of the people posting on this thread would be as honest.
I’m not a racist Bagpuss. I’m happy to embrace anyone of any colour, religion or culture, but when these people come to this country they should respect our pre goody, goody lets be gay, multi cultural bull**** political correctness laws. Respect our 1800 year old Christian Culture. Our People, and traditions and Heritage. Enoch Powell was out of step and before is time. Where is he now and who in British Anglo Saxon politics has the balls to stand up and lead where he left off.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 04-03-2005 at 22:05.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 21:56   #93

Well said Doug.
Old 04-03-2005, 22:02   #94
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Sorry bagpuss, but I for one will not stand with you on this one although I respect your views and your bravery for saying them.

I am still of an opinion that it is a very small minority of muslims that are causing the unrest along with the P.C.Brigade. We are on the first step towards anarchy, civil war or some other disaster that will destroy homes and families. I hope not to be around by then but my children will

This minority are causing massive unrest while the pc brigade are causing frustration...It can only get worse!....and those who will suffer most are the Christian and Muslim families that just want to get on with their lives.
Old 04-03-2005, 23:24   #95
I am Banned

when the media shows so many negative things done by muslims is it realy any wonder people paint them with the same brush

every time you turn on the news theres storys like these ..

muslim extremists slaughter U.S citizens in the street and set fire to them whilst been dragged by a car then hung on a bridge with hundreds of people cheering in the streets at it

muslim extremists behead uk citizen

muslim gets X - amount of pounds for feeling picked on

muslim leader preeches in uk streets to kill all christians/infadils

UK muslim go to help fight for aquiad

yes i agree not all muslims are evil but you realy cant blame people for developing a strong resentment towards muslims when we are bombarded with stories like these in the news papers and T.V on a reglar basis

the muslim faith isnt the problem , the problem is those that use religeon to justify their actions or use it to meet their own gains

dont be too hard on bagpuss my guess is like many of us hes fed up of all the preference given to people just because of their religeion or colour of their skin and exploded

edit:

quick question.

how did an ordinary school girl get cheri blair as her solicitor if that was what her role in this was , my guess is it was a P.R opportunity that has backfired on the labour party big time

unless of course she comes from a wealthy family as ime sure i wouldnt get her on legal aid if i ever needed a solicitor

Last edited by chav1; 04-03-2005 at 23:32.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 23:33   #96
Resident Waffler

That's an interesting question. Maybe she didn't get Cherie Blaire. Maybe Cherie Blaire got her.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 23:39   #97
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
That's an interesting question. Maybe she didn't get Cherie Blaire. Maybe Cherie Blaire got her.
people get so caught up in the outrage of the trial that whos responsible for it usualy gets overlooked

that question only popped in my mind as i was typing that reply when realy it should have been asked right from the start
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 00:15   #98
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
dont be too hard on bagpuss my guess is like many of us hes fed up of all the preference given to people just because of their religeion or colour of their skin and exploded
No one is being hard on bagpuss, he is stating the facts as he sees it..... I notice that you used the word "extremist" a few times in your last comment, that is good! It shows that at the back of your mind, you understand that the majority of Muslims are not to blame. (I hope)

A few decades ago, there was an outfit called the Klu Klux Klan in the U.S.A. that were a MINORITY but managed to raise issues in congress regarding blacks living as "freemen" and done their best to persuade the nation to "kill" negroes as and when!!!!

THESE WERE "WHITE" MEN!!!! (O.K, Caucasian) that persecuted blacks...

We ("great?) Britain overtook Asian Countries and DEMANDED that they conform to the western way of life,

What the EXTREMIST Muslims are doing is wrong BUT! it is no different to what we were doing 100/200 years ago!

We have an enemy in our camp...and it is NOT the Muslims, IT IS THE P.C. Brigade!!!!!! If a party was formed that would put a stop to right wing attitudes and give a raised finger to european rights, I would vote for them every time!

I do not want to see the Asian element excluded from our democracy...but I DO want to see court decisions made with regard to the English way of life rather than pandering to a minority group that is backed by European law............

Which brings me back to left-wing idiots, The French have got it right, they have a large Black/Asian population but insist that "they are welcome...but!" Forget "human rights" they insist (quite rightly) that ALL immigrants conform to the French way of living or else are deported over the channel!!

I have a suggestion, Why don't we send Cherie Blair over to France to fight for the right of immigrants to stay in France??....except she would tell everyone that England is so much better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kkk.jpg (22.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Busman747; 05-03-2005 at 00:16.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56   #99
Senior Member+

wow

what a thread... i honestly didnt think this topic wud take off in such a way on accy web but its cool

time for my two cents if thats ok with y'all...

Firstly i think its pathetic that this case was even able to reach the courts. shocking. the school was more than willing to accomadate her and her needs. you would be surprised how many muslims think this case is a joke.

a few background details i think accy web wud b very interested to know about

the blairs were hoping this would be a good Google Page Ranking to attract back the asian vote after the iraq debacle shud the public opinion swing the right way - alas it did not.

the girl herself isnt a member of that extremeist group but has ppl close to her who do. y the blairs allowed them to get attatched to this case is still beyond me. i would've thought they would've done their homework before accepting this case. esp where the extremist group was quite active.

as for the courts - they are a joke. the head teacher of the school - a muslim - the meals at lunch from a muslim company - they were one of the first schools in the uk to allow asian clothing - they were one of the first to consult wiht the muslim uk council as to dress code and get their stamp of approval that the food was suitable for muslims. they were one of the first non-muslim schools to allow prayer times for students. why didnt the courts take this into consideration??

i smell something burning and it just isnt the school meals...

india btw has about as many muslims as pakistan - the rank in numbers is hindu, muslims then quite a way back sikhs and christians. i dont think judaism is a religion that took off there..

her post-court speech was just immensly humourous to me - where the hell she was tryin to make links i do not know - but that shows that she was a tool for ppl behind the scenes to bring those issues up. and it wudnt b that hard wiht a girl as such. 15 yr old, very impressionable (we all know how peer pressure can affect ANY 15 yr old), she's an orphan - no parents to guide her (there wud b no chance in hell she wud b able to do half the things she has done otherwise) along comes a religious group that makes her feel comfortable with and convinces her its the right thing.

for the ppl who are worked up by this - i dont blame u - it is british PC gone drastically wrong. the only ppl who wud've made a hoo haa if this hadnt gone this way wud've been the ppl backing her.

i wish i was 14 and a jedi rite now...
Old 05-03-2005, 04:09   #100
Senior Member+

ooooooh one point i forgot to say...

i regulary visit an asian website that aimed for the brit asian. and i'm just going to cut and paste a few comments from there.

I don't agree with the decision - i share gezzer's views.
Her access to education was not denied and nor was she discriminated against for her religious beliefs.
We're becoming too PC :| And her statement is just latching onto a bandwagon as well.

denbigh high skool is an award winning skool for their multiculturism..
it jus seems sum ppl aint eva happy with what they have got

Why is that every other pupil in the school (muslim) didnt make a fuss and were able to continue with their religous obligation in other forms of muslim dress? This blatant 'look at me look at me Im being discriminated because of 9-11' attitude is no good for muslim/non muslim relations.
Talk about mountain a mountain out of a f*cking sand grain.

if she didnt like the rules of a particular school, she should have just chosen one where they comply to her wishes.. I.E. THE ONE SHE IS AT NOW !!!
that way, she would have got an education instead of wasting her time fighting a pointless battle.. ok, she won the right to wear her jilbab.. but will that bring back THE MOST IMPORTANT YEARS OF HER EDUCATIOMAL LIFE ?! NO!!!
lolol, do u think anyone would want to hire a troublemaker, who cries islam at everything.. not really.. what a fool ..
its like going to a party where everyone is being served jelly and DEMANDING that you get cake instead.. its not the done thing.. in fact, its rude..
its also like the whingy ppl who complain when they get rejected for a job outright and scream racism..
so bloody what ?!.. there are other schools out there...the world is a tough place and sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get what you want..
in her place, she should have chosen the other school to begin with..

"if a white person had gone to saudi and done the same thing but in reverse - wore a skirt - wud they have shown hte same tolerence in court"
Good point!! In Saudi she probably would have had her legs chopped off before now. See with these people it's always a one way street, whatever suits their purpose.
Miss Begum is a hypocrite as well as all of the racist d*ckheads at HUT.
Unfortunately parts of the anglo public will start to label all asians based upon her actions. Thinking we can get away with anything in their country.

all those comments were taken from a website i've been on for about 3-4 years now and i know the ppl personally who said them and they're all muslim. which shows that frustration at this case isnt just from one side...
Old 05-03-2005, 04:11   #101
Senior Member+

and here's a lil background i was talkin about

Hizb ut-Tahrir (HuT), which is legal in Britain but banned in Germany and much of the Middle East, advised Shabina Begum, a 15-year-old orphan. Her case, which was funded by legal aid, was thrown out by the High Court last week.[article]

This was hardly ever bought up throughout the long years this case has gone on.

Khalid Mahmood, Labour MP for Birmingham’s Perry Bar constituency, said: “Most Muslims are happy with the existing dress code. I think they (HuT) are trying to pick a fight. The Home Office needs to look at some of their activities. At the moment they are very close to the edge.”[article]

Denbigh High school was an unlikely target for criticism. Almost 80% of its 1,000 pupils are Muslim, and its dress code, which allows pupils to wear a shalwar kameez (trousers and a long tunic), was introduced with the support of the town’s Council of Mosques.[article]

This is another important point about Muslims being happy about the dress code and why people could not understand why she was so adamant on the issue. Like I mentioned yesterday the shalwar kameez was a suggestion PUT FORWARD by the leaders of all the mosques in the local area.

She was 13 when, in September 2002, she was sent home from Denbigh high school in Luton for wearing a jilbab, an ankle-length dress that leaves only the face and hands visible.[article]

She was only 13...Talk about taking advantage of a vunerable person.

He emphasised that the group had not contributed financially towards the legal action or to her family.[article]

Amazing to say the least, they urge her on to fight the people "oppressing" her but yet do not donate a single PENNY to her cause!

The full article is here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...151411,00.html

From her "victory" speech you could clearly see they had their hands in the whole dispute. Once more the speech read out was identical to what they often come out with on their leaflets.

Not everythign is black and white.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:29   #102
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Well said Bob!
Every single festival in the religious calendar seems to offend someone else;my child has no idea why we make a fuss over Halloween but she can draw you a perfect Muslim prayer mat!
We have the same issues here in Canada. Almost every school holiday is based around a Church event. We no longer have prayer in school, no religous expressions to celebrate what ever holiday comes upon us and no school nativity plays at Christmas.

This is so we do not offend other religeons but there is no concern about us being offended.
The kids know very little about their own religious beliefs if their parents do not attend church but they can tell you all about the regions of their classmates. It is freely discussed in class. A wee bit one sided to my mind and we are on the lsoing side.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:21   #103
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Thanks for your input on this one Mani. It's nice to know that we are not the only ones who are getting just a bit fed up with all this PC rubbish. I know that I will not be voting Blair again too many screw ups for my liking..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:24   #104
Give, give, give member

Just a point, bit off topic.
Racism happens in every culture. When l spent some time working in Kenya, which has a large wealthy, Asian populatin. l was shooked at how badly the Asians treated the Africans. They looked down on them, and called them monkeys.
l like Busman, will be glad not to be around in our country in 50 years time, as l think we will have another Bosnia on our hands. When people feel their rights as citizens are under threat, they look for scape goats, just as Germans did in the 20's/30's with the Jews. What was a very liberal country soon turned into the Third Reich.
Unlike the Jews, l think Muslims may not be so passive here in the future.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:01   #105
God Member

I would like to thank Mani for his valuable input to the discussion. He mentions the Islamic group Hizb ul Tahrir. For those of you who do not understand the reference perhaps this may help...

"An interesting case is that of Hizb ul-Tahrir (“Liberation Party”): it is a radical
fundamentalist party based in London that was originally set up as a Palestinian Islamic
movement in 1953. Officially non-violent, its ideas are nevertheless very radical. It advocates
the immediate re-establishment of the Caliphate and the ultimate conversion of the entire
world to Islam. Hizb ul-Tahrir is now a genuinely internationalist movement; indeed, it is
difficult to identify and locate precisely its controlling authority…

…which is under the control of a group of militants based in London.
The movement is rapidly growing and is now farthermost a European one.
The Hizb ul-Tahrir is closely linked with the Muhajirun organization of Sheikh Omar Bakri.
Bakri is a Syrian resident in London who maintains a high profile in the English language media.
Though Bakri does not make explicit reference to Hizb ul-Tahrir, his
pronouncements and website contents are often identical with those of Hizb ut-Tahrir. The
Muhajirun movement, therefore, is likely a front for Hizb ul-Tahrir in Europe, which
developed in the 1980s and 1990s in Great Britain, Sweden and the Netherlands—and to a
lesser extent in the United States. It has also a branch in Moscow. Starting in1997, it
established new chapters in Muslim countries, including Sudan, Uzbekistan and Pakistan."

http://www.csis.org/ruseura/pubs/AFP/roy.pdf

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..