Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 09:33   #61
I am Banned

Re: Schoolgirl wins dress case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
It would be interesting to see the law tested in this area. Go on then Chav, I dare you!
4 years until scool age unfortunatly
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2005, 09:35   #62
God Member

What about Nursery?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38   #63
God Member

Although judging by the way things are going, by the time that your child gets to school Islam will be the state religion and you will have to wrap it from head to toe anyway.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38   #64
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
But to come back to the point at issue for a moment, I still cannot see why we are pandering to this particular minority to such an extent when we have not done so with any other minority at any other time. What makes them so special that it is considered necessary to change the law to accomodate all their fads and fancies?
because labour want to keep the muslim vote

jack straw for instance will take any opportunity he can to be photed with a muslim their comunity love him and all the help he gets them in blackburn infact i think he would turn up to open a tin of beans as long as a muslim owned the tin of beans in question
Old 04-03-2005, 09:59   #65
Give, give, give member

l think the majority of people have no problem with recent, legal immigrants,[or their need for a social ghetto- Brits do it in Spain, or wherever, with line dancing,& domino clubs.] After all, we as a nation are a bastardized mix of many nationalities. lt's the fact the Government bends over backwards, [yes for votes,] ignoring the fact that the majority of people like our heritage, and would like to keep it intact as possible.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:22   #66

I noted today the news that the girl in question has family connections with the extreme organisation HIZB UT TAHRIR who's aim is to create a world wide Islamic state.
This group is banned in many countries and its leader militant cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed is currently under investigation for urging British Muslims to become suicide bombers.
We as a nation really are a soft touch,we pay to undermine our own traditions and principles,what other country does this?
Certainly none of the Muslim countries do.
The time will surely come when the present silent majority will say enough and seek to re establish a truely fair minded society,not one that is running scared of the threat of being declared Racist!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:47   #67
God Member

I thought at the outset that she was being used.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:51   #68
Senior Member+

That's a bit of egg on the face for the Blairs, isn't it?!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:14   #69
God Member

I shouldn't think that it bothers them at all. They have enough money to live where they choose and do not need to have to live with the consequences of their actions.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:16   #70
Senior Member+

Hopefully they will when it comes to election day

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:42   #71
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
I noted today the news that the girl in question has family connections with the extreme organisation HIZB UT TAHRIR who's aim is to create a world wide Islamic state.
This group is banned in many countries and its leader militant cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed is currently under investigation for urging British Muslims to become suicide bombers.
We as a nation really are a soft touch,we pay to undermine our own traditions and principles,what other country does this?
Certainly none of the Muslim countries do.
The time will surely come when the present silent majority will say enough and seek to re establish a truely fair minded society,not one that is running scared of the threat of being declared Racist!
please refrain from exorcising your right of freedom of speech

its teh labour thing to do
Old 04-03-2005, 11:47   #72

well if you had all joined in my revolution yesterday. see the thread about the royals. we'd be in downing street now having tea and biscuits and making life changing and irrelavant descisions.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:01   #73
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
well if you had all joined in my revolution yesterday. see the thread about the royals. we'd be in downing street now having tea and biscuits and making life changing and irrelavant descisions.
thursday is not a good day for me but ime free a week on tuesday
Old 04-03-2005, 12:14   #74

[QUOTE]thursday is not a good day for me but ime free a week on tuesday

good a week on tuesday it is then. vive la revolution.........

right where's that pitchfork again
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:40   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
In the late 60's, a law was brought in for compulsory wearing of crash helmets on motorbikes. At the time, I rode a bike and resented being forced to wear a helmet.
An Indian took on the government after being stopped on a bike wearing a turban...he won the case on religious grounds.

This is the earliest case that I can remember that infuriated me and made me aware of the racial differences and what seemed like "priveleges" given out to a minority.

(...and no, they don't share the same faith)
Hehehe...Busman .. I remember a friend of mine in the late 80's regularly going along with us for long motorbike rides round manchester/cheshire with a darkened face and a large towel wrapped round his head, and no helmet. on a GS1000.......

Was he racist????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..