Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 09:05   #31
God Member

Re: Schoolgirl wins dress case

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
For instance they only allow a small amount of American films to be released to protect their film industry.
And having witnessed a fair amount of French Cinema I can only say it needs all the protection it can get!

But to be fair I really think that the French are right to restrict American cultural imports. I find the prevelance of Amercanisms in everyday speech among the young deeply depressing, though having said that I am probably as guilty of using them as the next person
Old 03-03-2005, 09:36   #32
Senior Member+

Like many people have said before, we would be expected to follow the laws of the lands that we visit or live within, so the same should be expected of the people that come to the UK.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:24   #33
Senior Member+

This government is totally one sided it, i for one will not be voting Labour in the next general election. If that makes me racist then i'm sure i'm not on my own.The government is driving us that way.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:52   #34

Yup,this is only the thin end of the wedge.P.C.was a good idea on paper(so was communism) but now we are going too far to accommodate the outer fringes of our already multi cultural society.
The history of the UK has shown that we have always taken in immigrants to our country,the key factor was always their willingness to embrace our culture(whilst retaining some of their own traditions!)
Italians,Hungarians,Poles have all arrived in this country,some fleeing persecution,they have added to our tapestry of life.
Yet there is an undercurrent of ill will now forming against those who seek to completly change our laws,traditions and general way of life.
When you consider that Cherie Blair was involved in this last fiasco then I think its time to give up.
She as the Prime Minister's wife is supposed to uphold the traditions of our country,not seek to undermine them.(At a cost of £70,000 to the taxpayer)
Let us remember an ethnic minority is just that a minority,let us concentrate on the mainstream and improve all of our lots not just the self seeking,publicity hungry loonies amongst us!!
Rant over....for now.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:15   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
This government is totally one sided it, i for one will not be voting Labour in the next general election. If that makes me racist then i'm sure i'm not on my own.The government is driving us that way.
Ditto. I won't be voting Labour at all. The Tories are even starting to look appealing.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:32   #36
Senior Member+

Remember the Hippys in the late sixtys early seventies...... there the ones running the country now.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:58   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
just seen the footage on the tv of her coming out of court

smug little bitch needs to worry about her lessons and not about what she is allowed to wear.
aparrently this is childish name calling and i was deducted karma ( suprisingly no name left)

i was of course refering to how happy she looked at wasting thousands of tax payers money on legal fees , probably loving the attention and time off school

if you see the footage of her on the courts doorsteps and he big happy smile at what she has achieved the perfect desription of her would be a smug little bitch

shes made a mokery of our legal system and used it to yet again make us look like racists when infact she was asked nothing more of what any other kid was asked to do and wear a damn uniform to school

its funny how slective some muslims are as to which part of their faith they follow it seems the only time they becaome devout muslims is when it can be used to benefit them in some way or other

its just the same as a child wanting to wear jeans at school and finding an excuse to justify why they need to just so that they get their own way

if my religeon was to drink 10 pints of beer a day should i be allowed to drive when drunk because my religeion says i must drink 10 pints of beer a day

the answer is no of course not as everyone else has to drive sober

our govenment provides all muslim schoold for these people but instead of going to them they choose to stay in normal schools and cause as much trouble as possible
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:26   #38

i think goth kids should start turning up at school looking like the adams family and see where they can take that
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:32   #39
I am Banned

if we had long hair that went below the colloar of our blazers we were sent home and told to get a haircut and that was in the 80s
Old 03-03-2005, 13:38   #40

i got done for wearing a roundneck jumper instead of a v neck in '88. nowadays i'd go to school dressed like a ninja cos you can get away with that.
Old 03-03-2005, 13:57   #41
Resident Waffler

My daughter was told to put her school jumper on one very hot day in the summer as without it she wasn't considered to be wearing the correct uniform!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:59   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
My daughter was told to put her school jumper on one very hot day in the summer as without it she wasn't considered to be wearing the correct uniform!
and thats a health issue which is more important than any so called claim to religeous beleif

what if she had fainted due to the heat and banged her head

yeah i know its extreme situation and the worst out come but regardless it could still have hapened
Old 03-03-2005, 14:02   #43

save this thread. kill bliar and all do gooders.
Old 03-03-2005, 14:04   #44
I am Banned

they should have expelled her for been distruptive to class
Old 03-03-2005, 21:27   #45

From the pictures of what they are allowed to wear and what she has wasted all this money on fighting to be able to wear, the two don't look that much different.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..