Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 13:49   #76
Resident Waffler

Re: Schoolgirl wins dress case

Aren't Pakistan and India separate countries because they have different religions?

It's also a mistake to assume that all muslims in this country are from Pakistan, or that the only countries in that part of the world are India and Pakistan. It just illustrates how naive we can be, often assuming that all speak the same language too.

But to get back to the theme of this thread. I was told that the Headmistress of the school is herself a muslim. Obviously she has no problem with the uniform specifications.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2005, 13:54   #77
I am Banned

ime pretty sure india is a muslim state i will ask my indian friends when we next speak

religeon and faith never come up when we talk because our friendship dosnt revolve around it and i have never felt the need to ask what their faith is

usual talk about pcs , xbox etc

the important stuff

was the scools head mistress in court as the best defece would have been another muslim saying that there was no problem and the child should obey the rules like the majority of muslims do

Last edited by chav1; 04-03-2005 at 13:56.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 13:57   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
ime pretty sure india is a muslim state i will ask my indian friends when we next speak

religeon and faith never come up when we talk because our friendship dosnt revolve around it and i have never felt the need to ask what their faith is

usual talk about pcs , xbox etc

the important stuff
Chav,
you're a plonker, mate. The main religion in India is Hindu; then there are the Sikhs, and then smaller minorities of Muslims and Christians. Not many jews,as far as I'm aware.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 14:00   #79
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Chav,
you're a plonker, mate. The main religion in India is Hindu; then there are the Sikhs, and then smaller minorities of Muslims and Christians. Not many jews,as far as I'm aware.
well i stand corrected lol

but i do maintain my belief that indians intergrate more willingly and dont cause half the trouble pakistanis seem to

that observation was made fro what i see personaly and what i read and see on the news not because i am a racist although i will admit i am sick to the back teeth on how far govenment will go to pacify a so called minority

Last edited by chav1; 04-03-2005 at 14:03.
Old 04-03-2005, 14:14   #80
Resident Waffler

Quote:
but i do maintain my belief that indians intergrate more willingly and dont cause half the trouble pakistanis seem to
I think what you are observing is the fact that hinduism or the followers thereof are not particularly forceful and some muslims are in putting over the tenets of their religion and are quite willing to tolerate as equal any other religion that happens to be alongside of them, including what is nominally the main religion of the host country. This may account for the fact that you aren't even aware that they are hindus. Do the women wear a sari? No muslim woman would wear a sari.

Some, and I emphasise some not all, muslims are more of the belief that they alone are right and that consequently everyone else is wrong and that we should either follow their religion or at the very least comply with the standards it sets. (Not that a lot of their standards wouldn't probably do some people the world of good)

It's not a racial thing and it's not a national identity thing. It's more of a die-hard fundamentalist thing.

Old 04-03-2005, 15:28   #81
God Member

>>Chav,
you're a plonker, mate. <<

I would like to echo Tealeafs sentiments in this matter. At the end of the second world war when the Attlee Government (Labour's 1st.) decided that we no longer needed an Empire, India was to be given it's independence first. But because the majority Hindu inhabitants could not stomach the idea of sharing their country with muslims and the muslims would not contemplate the idea of sharing power with Hindu's the country had to be partitioned. And thus the separate state of Pakistan was created. The loss of life in the rioting that followed partion was horrific! Today, India and Pakistan are still at Daggers Drawn over the disputed Indian state of Kashmir. You may have heard mention of this in the news last summer when the two were about to go to war over it. Which is worrying for the entire region since both states posess nuclear weapons. Typically, they cannot feed everyone but they can afford nuclear weapons.

Part of the reason why we are inundated with immigrants from the asian sub-continent is that the Attlee Government, to stifle objections to the end of British rule in India, decided to offer passports to whoever wanted them, along with right of residence here in the UK. They hoped that most of those passports would never be used since travel halfway across the world was pretty expensive in 1947. They also hoped that the lower life expectancy in India would mean that by the time travel became cheaper most of the passport holders would either be too old to travel or dead. How wrong they were.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 04-03-2005 at 15:30.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 16:18   #82
I am Banned

well written but i said that in my opinion indians seem to intergrate into our society better than pakistanis

granted i got indias faith wrong but what they did over there with each other or whatever problems they have with each other was not brought in question at least by me anyway

hey dont take it the wrong way i dont mind when people correct me or prove me wrong but call me a plonker for somthing i said at least lol

i honestly thought they were a muslim nation and pakistan and india hated each other because of different opinions on the readings of the muslim faith

turns out i was wrong about that
Old 04-03-2005, 16:29   #83
God Member

By way of information, if anyone wishes to read a pack of lies on the root causes of the Asian influx in the 1950's and 60's then they need go no further than the Blackburn cotton town site. Here, I'll make it easy:

http://www.cottontown.org/page.cfm?L...ng&pageID=1675

This site cost a cool quarter of a million, and for that amount of dosh one would expect a reasonable attempt at historical accuracy. Instead, we have a complete rewriting (I do not think the word whitewash is appropriate) of the facts. Judge for yourself.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 16:42   #84
I am Banned

younger people who read that will believe it though as they wernt around to experience it happening

good job we still got some oldies ( excuse the terminioligy) that can set the record right but eventualy the white wash will end up been the common beleif of trueness as time moves on and theres no one left who can say hold on thats not right
Old 04-03-2005, 17:42   #85
God Member

I may be digressing but can anyone explain the growing trend for British citizens to be buried in Pakistan ? It seems to be becoming evermore common to read in the local newspapers of people born in England choosing interment in this distant middle eastern country.
I can imagine the article on page four of the Accrington Observer.
Mr. T. Leaf died last Wednesday in Church. His bodied was flown to Pakistan for burial in Rawalpindi.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 18:06   #86
Senior Member+

No - send him north to Gilgit!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 19:18   #87
Resident Waffler

Quote:
younger people who read that will believe it though as they wernt around to experience it happening

good job we still got some oldies ( excuse the terminioligy) that can set the record right but eventualy the white wash will end up been the common beleif of trueness as time moves on and theres no one left who can say hold on thats not right
Is this then not a case for the validity of history being taught in schools?

Old 04-03-2005, 20:17   #88
Beacon of light

This girl is now suing for 'lost educational opportunities'....excuse me, but was'nt she transferred to another school. And wasn't Cherie Blairs legal group partly responsible for this girl being facilitated to bring this case?????

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 20:18   #89
Beacon of light

Enoch was right......not racist!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 20:38   #90
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Enoch was right......not racist!
When they come for us Margaret. We'll stand together.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..