Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 21:30   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: Schoolgirl wins dress case

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
and thats a health issue which is more important than any so called claim to religeous beleif

what if she had fainted due to the heat and banged her head
What made it more ludicrous was that the teacher who told her that was wearing a short sleeved shirt!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2005, 21:31   #47

I'm sure some people just become teachers for the power trip!
Old 03-03-2005, 22:14   #48
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
From the pictures of what they are allowed to wear and what she has wasted all this money on fighting to be able to wear, the two don't look that much different.
Thats right pixie. The school had adopted a style of uniform that was totally acceptable to the muslim community and for two years this girl and her parents complied without a problem and I am sure that outside influences are to blame.

Tony Blair must be green with envy, he has tried so hard to lose voters but has been upstaged by his wife who could eventually be the cause of Labour losing the next general election. I will not be tempted to vote for a radical party but will definately give my vote to another party this next term.

After the court case, the school was left with a legal bill for, I believe £30.000-00 I know this school as it is in the area I moved from a while back and like most schools and education authorities, it is a bill they can ill afford.

I am sure cherie blair is so proud of herself tonight but the rest of the country feels gutted!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:23   #49
I am Banned

is it just me or does anyone else see that muslims dont like the idea of segregation yet some do as much as they possibly can to segregate themselves from us

ime not saying they shouldnt be muslims i dont give a damn what god they worship but if you come into a country or are born in a country you should live by that countries ways or get the hell out

there must be plenty of room in pakistan for them to go as we have been taking them in for years

not saying they should all go but if they are having so much trouble fitting in and cant respect our ways why dont they go where their ways are the norm and live in peace with themselves and stop whining and crying about living under such cruel and harsh conditions we set out here in the uk

what would happen if i had a doughter and sent her to an all muslim school in a short skirt and earings etc , would i win a court case or would i be seen as a trouble maker
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:39   #50
Give, give, give member

True, you don't get many muslims emmigrating to Saudia Arabia. lt's a massive country, and the birthplace of Mohamed is there. Strange why they should choose here, and excpect us to addapt to them! Nothing to do with Welfare State, l suppose?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:02   #51
I am Banned

inians are muslims too but they dont seem to kick up half the fuss pakistanis do yet they share the same faith

i dont know if this girl is a pakistani or indian but my moneys on pakistani because in general indians appear to be more willing to just get on with their lives and accept that our ways are different
Old 04-03-2005, 09:03   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Nothing to do with Welfare State, l suppose?
I don't know how true this is, but I heard rumours that they have handbooks in places like India and Pakistan on how to claim UK State Benefits.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:10   #53
Always EVIL within us

I think that the biggest difference between Muslims and the western world is that in the U.K, religion is mostly a private matter for the individual whereas Muslims style their life on their beliefs so it affects almost everything they do on a daily basis.

I agree with chav on the segregation issue but also consider that when Brits emigrate, they tend to look for a "British Quarter" to settle down in, much like the Jewish, Irish and Afro-Carrabean population in this country so it is not surprising to find that Asians also group together within their own community.

As for them coming here, THAT is down to our ancesters!! We were the so-called civilised race that decided to take over India and Pakistan in the first place, perhaps they are merely doing now to us what we done to them in the past.

Perhaps a reminder about now might be in order in that many if not most Asians in this country are here legally and are doing their best to intigrate. We are (or should be) talking about the few hard line Muslims that are doing their best to change the countries fundimental principles to their own benefit by taking advantage of idiots like Blairs wife

Last edited by Busman747; 04-03-2005 at 09:11. Reason: spelling
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:11   #54
Give, give, give member

CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS!
Did anybody see the Channel 4 documentary last year where Asian men in Yorkshire, groomed young white girls for prostitution? lt was originally delayed from airing, so as not to upset the local elections.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18   #55
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
inians are muslims too but they dont seem to kick up half the fuss pakistanis do yet they share the same faith
In the late 60's, a law was brought in for compulsory wearing of crash helmets on motorbikes. At the time, I rode a bike and resented being forced to wear a helmet.
An Indian took on the government after being stopped on a bike wearing a turban...he won the case on religious grounds.

This is the earliest case that I can remember that infuriated me and made me aware of the racial differences and what seemed like "priveleges" given out to a minority.

(...and no, they don't share the same faith)
Old 04-03-2005, 09:20   #56
I am Banned

i put myself down as jedi knight under religeon at the last census

should my child be allowed to go to school dressed in jedi robes and yeild a plastic lightsaber and have £30,000 of tax payers money spent to defend his right to do so
Old 04-03-2005, 09:24   #57
God Member

Well the census recognises your faith so I suppose that it might be possible to insist on it. but think of the ribbing your child will get while at school.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:27   #58
God Member

But to come back to the point at issue for a moment, I still cannot see why we are pandering to this particular minority to such an extent when we have not done so with any other minority at any other time. What makes them so special that it is considered necessary to change the law to accomodate all their fads and fancies?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29   #59
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Well the census recognises your faith so I suppose that it might be possible to insist on it. but think of the ribbing your child will get while at school.
then the european courts can award my cild a large amount of cash for the schools failour to protect my child and acomadate his beliefs
Old 04-03-2005, 09:31   #60
God Member

It would be interesting to see the law tested in this area. Go on then Chav, I dare you!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..