Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2005, 16:23   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Widening Rhyddings Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthepony
what they are doing is,,putting in wider curbstones so the grass does not get damaged and will hopefully stop the residents form argueing with each other to the point that the polics are called and on several occasions!
hope this explains things better!
How will putting down wider curbstones have the effect of widening the street

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2005, 01:24   #32

it wont, if you read it again and think, people can then park in the same place, therefor not damageing the grass!!!
they park like that so a fire engine can get up!!! see simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paulthepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 09:03   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
it wont, if you read it again and think, people can then park in the same place, therefor not damageing the grass!!!
they park like that so a fire engine can get up!!! see simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are notices there now stating "No parking on the grass", plus the term used was "Widening Rhyddings street", plus there are trees on that section of the street, are they going to take those up.The figures quoted for the project was £8000
As for fire engines no chance unless they bump the cars out of the way, there was an ambulance called to attend a heart attack victim several weeks ago, it took a full 25mins for the vehicle to negotiate that section of the street.

Albert Einstein.

Old 03-03-2005, 22:26   #34
SHE
Junior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Widening Rhyddings Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
From the horses mouth park381.....
its about time simon got his facts right before he starts mouthing
SHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 23:14   #35
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE
hehe..... What’s that all about? Not a very nice thing to have said in your first post as a new member.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 23:30   #36
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE
Is there an explanation to go with that?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:32   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE
If you have some additional information, please let's hear it, as for Simons reply, did you read all the posts, that may explain the reply !!

Albert Einstein.

Old 06-03-2005, 18:02   #38
SHE
Junior Member+

I am very sorry about the way my first message was worded. First of all the Area Council meeting is not held at the Conservative club it is held at the Town Hall. The widening of Rhyddings Street has been going on for years. Now is the only time they have got any money for this to be done. Also I have been informed from a good sorce that it is not illegal to put down the curb stones. I would like to know what parking at the top of Rhyddings Street has anything to do with having parking for the Conservative Club which is siuated at the bottom of Rhyddings Street.
SHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 21:02   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE
I am very sorry about the way my first message was worded. First of all the Area Council meeting is not held at the Conservative club it is held at the Town Hall. The widening of Rhyddings Street has been going on for years. Now is the only time they have got any money for this to be done. Also I have been informed from a good sorce that it is not illegal to put down the curb stones. I would like to know what parking at the top of Rhyddings Street has anything to do with having parking for the Conservative Club which is siuated at the bottom of Rhyddings Street.
Could that be us thread wandering again, I assume you are talking about the top bit of Rhyddings st. the bit adjacent to the park regarding the widening.

Albert Einstein.

Old 06-03-2005, 23:09   #40

Considering it was Park381 who started the thread, and Less who referred to the conservative club I'm more than a little curious as to why your first visit to this message board was an attack on Simon. As for the reference to the illegality of the kerb stones (please note they are kerb stones, not curb stones) that was a quotation of something said by the council's "official road planner" not a point of view expressed by any member here.

Perhaps you, SHE, are the one who should get their facts right before "mouthing off"
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 23:14   #41

i have to agree with you on this one SHE, the meetings are held at the town tall, but i did not know it has been going on for years, as for the curb stones i think your right, its not illegal to put them down but its more illegal to park on any grass verges if there are signs up! as for some one saying con club,councalers(i know that is spellt worng)and meetings we all have to go somewhere for a drink! AND to park 381, i have herd about an ambulance being called up there but my details are a bit thin as yet but will find out more!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 23:16   #42

The legality of the kerb stones may well depend on where they are being placed.
Old 06-03-2005, 23:25   #43

ok, my spelling my not be up to scrath but i will get in toutch with my contacts to find out the rules on the stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 23:30   #44

This is purely conjecture on my part (inspired by fencing disputes) relating to the statement that the road had been narrowed at one time by adding grass verges. It would appear that the grass is therefore on an area which was once roadway as opposed to pavement. If the kerb stones are now to be placed between the grass and the road are they possibly in the middle of what was once all road rather than at the edge of the pavement area? Perhaps this is what called their legality into question?
Old 06-03-2005, 23:40   #45
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
ok, my spelling my not be up to scrath but i will get in toutch with my contacts to find out the rules on the stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I know you have CONTACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I for one will not doubt anything you say in future.

:d ork::rofl 38:

Last edited by Less; 06-03-2005 at 23:41.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..