Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2005, 20:54   #106
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Widening Rhyddings Street

On more than one occasion i have seen a light blue transit van come from Park Lane and drive down the footpath on Rhyddings Street because he could not fit between the parked cars. In an emergency an ambulance could do the same, not too unsafe for the rare occasions needed. The problem is what the ambulance does when it gets to the top. It cant fit down Park Lane so that is the real problem. Leave my street alone and sort out your own park381
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2005, 21:02   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I agree totally chloe. The access to Park Lane is a Park Lane problem not a Rhyddings Street problem.

I am assuming you live near Rhyddings Street not Fielding Lane park381. What about people past the half way mark and closer to Fielding Lane. The ambulance would not need to use Rhyddings Street at all for them.

You refer to someone with a heart condition - was this not a lady on Rhyddings Street or was that a seperate issue that the council quoted when they called the last meeting at the Civic Theatre.
The access to park lane, is a problem if rhyddings street is blocked due to cars double parked as per previous posts.
The heart conditon lady, I have already posted about that it was a recent issue, the other one on rhyddings street was a lady with a broken hip, and the ambulance had problems of access.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Neil; 01-05-2011 at 12:30.
park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 21:05   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
On more than one occasion i have seen a light blue transit van come from Park Lane and drive down the footpath on Rhyddings Street because he could not fit between the parked cars. In an emergency an ambulance could do the same, not too unsafe for the rare occasions needed. The problem is what the ambulance does when it gets to the top. It cant fit down Park Lane so that is the real problem. Leave my street alone and sort out your own park381
That is a fair comment Neil, we will agree to disagree on this one

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Neil; 01-05-2011 at 12:36.
Old 16-03-2005, 21:08   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Why all the huge quotes??? I can read it first time. ??
Sorry about that simon, after a note by the moderator as well, oh dear

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 21:15   #110
Senior Member+

Parc381.. I am comfused as to how much better it is to come from rhyddings st???

As Chloe l has quite rightly said it is much better access from the 2 main rds at each end of park lane.

If you look down park lane the clearance for driving down is the same all the way down it entire length... So if a vehicle can access from rhyddings st.. it can access from fielding lane or hawthorn ave.. just the same width but easier to turn in..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 21:17   #111
Senior Member+

Parc I know the problem of quotes, I see people part quoting from a persons post.. but I can not work out how
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 21:41   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Parc381.. I am comfused as to how much better it is to come from rhyddings st???

As Chloe l has quite rightly said it is much better access from the 2 main rds at each end of park lane.

If you look down park lane the clearance for driving down is the same all the way down it entire length... So if a vehicle can access from rhyddings st.. it can access from fielding lane or hawthorn ave.. just the same width but easier to turn in..
There I go again a full quote!!. Rhyddings street is the centre.It is direct access to the park, if you stand at the bottom of rhyddings street and look up, you will see the park gates, so it's the centre access.On the Hawthorne Ave. access I don't think ambulances or fire service even consider that other than if the problem is between hawthorne ave and rhyddings street. Fielding lane yes is a possible if the problem is between fielding lane and rhyddings street.Mind that was when we had the local ossy station, the lads used to know.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 23:29   #113
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

So you are still trying to blame Rhyddings Street for the fact that Park Lane is too narrow for an ambulance. It is your road causing your problem not my road.
Old 16-03-2005, 23:36   #114
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Parc I know the problem of quotes, I see people part quoting from a persons post.. but I can not work out how
I know this is off-topic but the query is in this thread so I hope you'll bear with me.

All you do is pick up the quote in the usual way and then when you've got it in your post just highlight and delete the bits you don't require.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 00:05   #115
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think Simon meant like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I know this is off-topic but the query is in this thread so I hope you'll bear with me.
so you can

Quote:
All you do is pick up the quote in the usual way
add your own bits

Quote:
and then when you've got it in your post just highlight and delete the bits you don't require.
between other quotes.

One way is to copy the whole quote then paste it in a few times and delete what you dont need from each quote leaving just the bits you want
Old 17-03-2005, 00:16   #116
Resident Waffler

The way I do that is to copy the whole post just once, take out the bits I don't want at all and then put an end tag where I want to insert my bit and a new opening tag for the next part of the quote and so on.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 00:20   #117
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I have done that also - its hard to show the tags for the expaination unless you show the end one first
Old 17-03-2005, 06:48   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:

All you do is pick up the quote in the usual way and then when you've got it in your post just highlight and delete the bits you don't require.
Thanks for that WtW

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-03-2005, 06:59   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you are still trying to blame Rhyddings Street for the fact that Park Lane is too narrow for an ambulance. It is your road causing your problem not my road.
No, not at all.

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Neil; 01-05-2011 at 12:31.
Old 17-03-2005, 07:05   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have done that also - its hard to show the tags for the expaination unless you show the end one first
You can also use the wrap [quote] tags around selected text button, (last button on right above text area) but it's just as easy to type the tags is where ever you want to quote something

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Neil; 01-05-2011 at 12:31.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..