Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2005, 18:29   #91
Junior Member+

Re: Widening Rhyddings Street

Well said Garinda ....Why do people become allergic to walking more than 20 feet because of the love of the car.......
chloe l is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2005, 18:30   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
When the said houses were built, cars weren't part of the equation. With the width of these houses not much wider than the average car, there is no chance for those households that have two or more cars in some cases to park anywhere near their homes.
Think you got that in 1, choose your prize

So what's the answer for our area taking that as, rhyddings st, park lane, hornby st, and to some degree fielding lane.Where can people park/leave their cars and know they are not going to get vandalised by the yobs.

Think there would be a major problem if HBC went mad with the yellow line paint

May be this is why HBC are knocking down terraced houses, to make way for new housing that must have allocated off the road parking spaces, in order to get planning applications approved.

Has anyone got an answer to this problem?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 18:31   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe l
Well said Garinda ....Why do people become allergic to walking more than 20 feet because of the love of the car.......
Do you own a car?

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 18:32   #94
Junior Member+

Yes 2...
Old 16-03-2005, 18:47   #95
Junior Member+

And two legs
Old 16-03-2005, 18:49   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes 2...
Terraced house, or new house?

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 18:51   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
And two legs
I don't think that comment was called for.would request that you read this topic in full before making comments, the issue here is H&S and access of emergency services to park lane.

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 16-03-2005 at 19:01. Reason: ?
Old 16-03-2005, 18:59   #98
Junior Member+

Terraced..........

And my building society acc No is ***** ************

Just CALL next time you want me to make a comment
Old 16-03-2005, 19:10   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Terraced..........

And my building society acc No is ***** ************

Just CALL next time you want me to make a comment
The reason for the question "terraced or new" was to try to establish if you had allocated parking adjacent to or on a drive,but off the road, but your reply makes me wonder if you are in fact old enough to drive a car.As previous, please read the topic from the start, then you may understand what it's all about.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 19:11   #100
Junior Member+

Sorry Parc911 but I could have sworn that this thread was entitled "Widening Rhyddings street"..

What gives you the right to accuse someone of not reading the whole thread when you can NOT have any knowledge of what I have and have not read??????

I have read the whole thread and live close enough to be affected by this.. A lot closer than you I can bet.. but of course will check with you the BOSS of this thread first in future...

Ps Thanks a lot for the negative Karma

Last edited by chloe l; 16-03-2005 at 19:14.
Old 16-03-2005, 19:43   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry Parc911 but I could have sworn that this thread was entitled "Widening Rhyddings street"..

What gives you the right to accuse someone of not reading the whole thread when you can NOT have any knowledge of what I have and have not read??????

I have read the whole thread and live close enough to be affected by this.. A lot closer than you I can bet.. but of course will check with you the BOSS of this thread first in future...

Ps Thanks a lot for the negative Karma
It's park 381 for a starter ok.and you are right about the thread title,
Second I did not accuse you of not reading the thread from the start, just requested that you read it, if you had not already done so.
With regards to living close, I don't bet, but I do know that I am affected by this, in so much that whilst the current situation of parking exists in the top section of rhyddings street, myself, family and neighbours are at serious risk due to the possible delay in emergency services gaining access to where we live, be it a major fire or a health problem.For your information it took an ambulance 25mins to gain access recently, and that was to attend to a lady with a serious heart condition.
You final comment regarding this thread, yes I did start the thread, but it's open to all there is no "boss" as you say, only the moderators of the board, who do an excellent job in keeping this board acceptable to all.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 20:19   #102
Junior Member+

Lets not argue about trivialities, what has been said is there for all to read..

But your and MY issue about emergency access to Park lane is nothing to do with "widening rhyddings st" Access to Park lane is from Fielding lane or Hawthorn ave, both much better and wider access than rhyddings st.

If you talk to any paramedic(which I have). As soon as they get close to an emergency they grab there bag and use there legs. Much faster once close. They would not sit in there Ambulance waiting 25 mins to get within 30ft. That is why there is a driver and paramedic. (yes I know the driver is a paramedic as well).

Imagine if you live in a large property on the east wing 300ft away from the main entrance let alone car parking space???

Our problem on Park lane has nothing to do with rhyddings st. But that does not mean it is not a problem. I personally have NO worries about Ambulances due to my reasurance's from my paramedic friend.. Now the Fire Engine is a slightly worse situation. But yet again they are equiped with long hoses etc.

Accessing Park lane from rhyddings st involves turning into either, lord st then hornby st then rhyddings st then park lane. Or turning into hornby st then rhyddings st then park lane.All very tight corners with badly parked vehicles on them.
Much easier and wiser for an emergency vehicle too turn directly in park lane from fielding lane?????? And exit through hawthorn ave..

This is as usual a PARKING issue being dressed up as a health and safety issue.
Old 16-03-2005, 20:41   #103
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I agree totally chloe. The access to Park Lane is a Park Lane problem not a Rhyddings Street problem.

I am assuming you live near Rhyddings Street not Fielding Lane park381. What about people past the half way mark and closer to Fielding Lane. The ambulance would not need to use Rhyddings Street at all for them.

You refer to someone with a heart condition - was this not a lady on Rhyddings Street or was that a seperate issue that the council quoted when they called the last meeting at the Civic Theatre.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 20:44   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Lets not argue about trivialities, what has been said is there for all to read..

But your and MY issue about emergency access to Park lane is nothing to do with "widening rhyddings st" Access to Park lane is from Fielding lane or Hawthorn ave, both much better and wider access than rhyddings st.

If you talk to any paramedic(which I have). As soon as they get close to an emergency they grab there bag and use there legs. Much faster once close. They would not sit in there Ambulance waiting 25 mins to get within 30ft. That is why there is a driver and paramedic. (yes I know the driver is a paramedic as well).

Imagine if you live in a large property on the east wing 300ft away from the main entrance let alone car parking space???

Our problem on Park lane has nothing to do with rhyddings st. But that does not mean it is not a problem. I personally have NO worries about Ambulances due to my reasurance's from my paramedic friend.. Now the Fire Engine is a slightly worse situation. But yet again they are equiped with long hoses etc.

Accessing Park lane from rhyddings st involves turning into either, lord st then hornby st then rhyddings st then park lane. Or turning into hornby st then rhyddings st then park lane.All very tight corners with badly parked vehicles on them.
Much easier and wiser for an emergency vehicle too turn directly in park lane from fielding lane?????? And exit through hawthorn ave..

This is as usual a PARKING issue being dressed up as a health and safety issue.
Having been involved with the last emergency, that was the lady with the heart condition, the driver of the ambulance just said, from the fielding lane end......no way can't get on that way, from hawthorne ave. just the same, so the only access is via rhyddings street. the ambulance did actually get up rhyddings street, but reversed on to park lane.
As for the fire engine, have only once experienced the problem, and it was a long time ago, more years than I would care to remember. A Ms Powel ex headteacher of Green Haworth school, a lovely old lady had left a pressure cooker full of peas, yes peas on the cooker, and it exploded, next thing the fire bells, yes 2 of them, 1 from fielding lane, and 1 from the top of rhyddings st. Since then touch wood the fire brigade have not had to try and pass parked cars.
On your final comment it is a health and safety issue related to a parking issue, take the gent who broke his ankle(a bad break, bones exposed) in the park, which way did the ambulance come, up rhyddings street.

Albert Einstein.

Old 16-03-2005, 20:52   #105
Senior Member+

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Why all the huge quotes??? I can read it first time. ??

Last edited by simon; 16-03-2005 at 20:53.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..