Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2006, 09:12   #16
God Member

Re: Tropical Fish

Excellent info thanks.. Gonna try to find the one in harwood when pick kids up after school

Bolton sounds good and I pass bolton every weekend so will look it up on map.
Old 27-06-2006, 16:07   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Excellent info thanks.. Gonna try to find the one in harwood when pick kids up after school

Bolton sounds good and I pass bolton every weekend so will look it up on map.
Right behind the police station in Gt Harwood.
Bolton one, best way to explain is go from Darwen, get to lights in bolton where asda is on your right - turn left there (A58?), keep going down the dual carraigeway till you reach another set of lights - turn right there, you will eventually come to a right hand bend, just as you go round this the aquarium is on your right hand side.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 17:24   #18
God Member

Went to Chorley after school run so didnt have time... knowing this we popped into the one in accy round the corner from us... Got some plants and bits (soon mounts up as well) Bloke was friendly and helpfull... explained we are newbies and what we have... he said we can take a sample of water back in a few days and he will test it for us tos ee if ready for fish...

Next stop harwood shop
Old 27-06-2006, 18:34   #19
God Member

just started a new tank ourselfs and done exactly the same today...bought some plants and taking water back to get it tested in a week only difference is that i did it at the harwood one

Looks good at the moment anyway
Old 27-06-2006, 18:35   #20
God Member

Cameras out soon then.... I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours..
Old 27-06-2006, 18:51   #21
God Member

hahahahahaha will take a few pics tomorrow..... im using this one as a second tank, at the moment its only got one fish in it which is in isolation cause it keeps eating the others in the other tank

looking to set this new one up with some others which it wont eat
Old 27-06-2006, 22:26   #22
God Member

This is what I have so far... Lots of bubbles.. only first day... should clear up by weekend

Old 28-06-2006, 06:54   #23

Mani is right BAS in bolton top place.
Old 28-06-2006, 14:31   #24
God Member

Thats mine

Old 28-06-2006, 16:26   #25
God Member

Prefer logs than Shells to be honest

Went to Harwood today... got some more plants.. bit more colourfull these...

mani got it spot on.. great to look around and my two youngest loved the sharks... but the service was abismal.. no one interested and the one bloke I did get to serve us was a misserable sort... Nice shop but doubt I will go back with service like that..

oh and website says closes during week 4.30 hence why we couldnt go other day.. but at shop it says 6pm

Next stop blackburn
Old 28-06-2006, 16:42   #26
God Member

Quote:
Prefer logs than Shells to be honest
same here but those bloody logs are expenisve to buy from the shops so stuck with what we had...that was the shells which weve had for ages..but going to buy some logs soon

Quote:
mani got it spot on.. great to look around and my two youngest loved the sharks... but the service was abismal.. no one interested
unfortunatly its always the same with harwood, but other day when i did get their attention their advice seemed good
Old 29-06-2006, 20:35   #27
I am Banned

QUick question on the subject cos nowhere is explaining it not the box anyway nor google 'Do i leave my airpump 24hrs a day running as with filter or is it best to switch off at night?' My tank is cold water fish.

If no reply i will turn it off tonight just in case, as u can tell i got my ebay bargain its working great!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 10:36   #28
Senior Member+

upto u really - as long as there is enough surface movement for oxygen exchange to take place - u can switch off the air pump

by surface movement i dont ness mean 30 foot waves... just nice ripples caused by the pump...
Old 30-06-2006, 10:37   #29
Senior Member+

what u can do if the air pump is too powerful and there is no speed setter on the pump itself is get a small clamp from any decent shop for about 2-3 quid and clamp the air pipe to restrict its airflow that lessens the force to somethign a lil more quieter
Old 30-06-2006, 16:02   #30
I am Banned

Thanks Mani

Was more concerned that if there should be a prob with pump that i didnt want it to burn out cos they can scorch airline & didnt want fish hurt during night, i turned it off last night & all was fine this morning put back on then & no syphen from airline, mind u my filter causes movement with water in any case, now ive ended up with a few more fish i may have to leave it on overnight - mind u my little becks loves floating up off the bubbles like a bungie spring LOL!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..